Author Topic: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse  (Read 10792 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 12:52:04 am »
ME does novels? Wow.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 01:07:03 am »
ME does novels? Wow.

Mass Effect Ascension is a beautiful thing.

Also, uploaded a mass of my older creations, including a recreated version of one of my older creations. MY. FIRST. CREATION. EVER.

Going to go make a topic about them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:26:14 am by BlagStar »

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 01:07:10 pm »
Keep posting, BlagStar. This is great!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 05:47:02 pm »
What should the next one be?

More alien species?

Expanded information on the Erogian (though there's not much more)

So-Called extinction of the human race?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 05:53:19 pm »
More species, please!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 09:52:41 pm »
Bump. Updated op.

ANCIENT
THE ORAMAN EMPIRE

THE ORAMAN - PRIMITIVE TIMES

The Oraman evolved in a harsh environment. Food was scarce, it was hard to tell which food tries to eat you and which doesn't, massive monsters thrice the size of sky scrapers destroyed caves with their thundering footsteps...

The Oraman (not Oramen, Oraman is both singular and plural) naturally were loners. Large beasts caused them to stay alone, as they were easier to be seen and slaughtered in groups. Due to lack of food, they usually cannibalized eachother.

Their loner nature didn't work quite well with their biology. The Oraman have three genders, the third being a psychic who has no role in reproduction except 'linking' with the female to calm her mentally. Without one of the third gender (Known as Lipolk in Oraman, a mix of the word for Male (Likop) and the word for female (Polkot)) females usually became extremely stressed and killed the males and then themselves before the child's birth. The "Lipolk" also prepared nests.

After the child's birth, the children were usually raised until they knew basics of survival, then kicked out of the nest. After birth, it was common for one of the three parents to kill the other two, which happened 90% of the time, the other 10% consisting mostly of them being eaten / killed by a different species before they could get the chance.

They were complete loners, as stated before, and one of the smallest creatures on their planet. However, they were not weak. They had multiple poisonous substances, amazingly strong acid, deadly poison, and their teeth were nearly impossible to break. They coated their food in a special liquid that ultimately keeps them from rotting for years.

It was common for them to single handedly kill the skyscraper sized monsters (These monsters have tree-like skin, as in, trees can grow out of their skin, it was common for them to pretend to be forests.), and then live in them for lifetimes, and not knowing that several others also lived in the insides.

(They commonly live for 25-600 earth years, a massive difference, mostly depending on their genes. They are about the same size as an average human, which is massively small compared to some of the other creatures.)

SOME CREATURES OF THEIR PLANET:

Jitaptors: Large, bird like creatures, about 6x the size of an average human.

Lavrottest: The large, sky scraper like monsters that pretend to be trees. About fifty live on the planet, but they can live for millions of years, resting and regrowing their trees when they get old (Trees are the source of their energy), and when they die, they spread seeds which grow into more of them.
Picture below of an infant, who does not yet have his growth.

Jalkopf: A hideously large creature. Three times the size of a Lavrottest, this monstrosity is unique. It is not known how it got there, but it has been documented since the beginning of the tribal stage, and after the dissapearance billions of years ago, it still exists, roaming the planet.

TRIBAL TIMES OF THE ORAMAN

During the Tribal Stage, the Oraman empire developed a way to hold their caves together. They used their food preserving spit, mixed with their poison substance and a tiny bit of dirt to solidify metal sells around caves, extremely hard and not collapsing from earthquakes. Direct steps by Jalkopf or Lavrottest kept them from dying out quickly. They had no competition in their Tribal Times, as they mostly just stayed in caves and only went out to gather food. The only other tribes were more Oraman. Due to their lone wolf nature, it was common for villages being mostly made up of thieves, the leaders being killed and replaced with gang bosses.

NOT SO CIVILIZATION STAGE - SPACE

Once they managed to create underground civilizations, things got worse. The people started getting more aggressive, and eventually, nearly every Oraman city had become completely chaotic. With no rulers, the Oraman were destroying themselves, it was obvious that at this rate, they would become extinct within a matter of years.

But, one more advanced man stood up. With a group of more civilized Oraman mercs, he took control of one city, eventually conquering the others, getting around using stealth shields. Once he was complete ruler, he set up a communication channel to all the cities, and started his Lavrottest extinction program. He quickly got his mercs to destroy the fifty that had been alive, and launched several attacks on the Jalkopf, which proved it was invincible.

However, a human space ship had been searching for a target for it's ultimate experimental weapon.They wanted a remote planet with no cities or alien civilizations nearby, and due to the underground cities of the Oraman, they were fooled into thinking it was non sentient. They were about to kill the Jalkopf, when the Oraman shot down the battle cruiser, as even the most advanced ships could not handle a combination of Oraman being launched (using cannons) onto the ship, using acid to weaken it, then normal cannons attacking the soft spots.

The Oraman stole the technology and quickly learned to make their own space ships, and their own versions of this super weapon. They quickly dominated several human colonies, becoming even more advanced.

Meanwhile, the intelligent Oraman leader was getting old. He had himself turned into a cyborg, pictured below.

He ultimately made himself immortal, as all his organs were replaced with cybernetics, besides his brain, which was hooked up to several supporting machines to keep it from decaying and rotting.

The Humans discovered this eventually, after one ship managed to escape. The Humans started a war with the Oraman.

THE HUMAN - ORAMAN WAR
Enraged at the Oraman, the Humans sent their entire fleet at the Oraman. This was a mistake. While the mega fleet of Humans fought the Oraman and were winning, the second fleet, which was a research ship of enslaved humans and the Oraman overlord, The cyborg as above, they developed a primitive species of "Space cows"

The "Pinkeorite" were plague bearing monsters. They were massive, three times the size of a human, and were made of a special substance off their planet which was incredibly hard. They were called Pinkeorites by the humans, as they were pink and were blasted in like meteorites. They are completely immune to viruses, but can distribute them to others. The Oraman infected them with a massive amount of viruses, many of them being horrible engineered ones that were spread from human to human, and were unable to be stopped by the human immune system.

Then, the Humans dissapeared.

The Oraman searched for them high and low, amazed at how all their planets were empty. Eventually, an Oraman claiming to know where the humans were appeared to the cyborg overlord. He led the fleet to a space station filled with humanlike alien creatures that were non existant by galactic records, as they were never before seen.

When the fleet arrived, the Oraman overlord noticed all the humanlike aliens were evacuating, and started torturing the Oraman informant. The Oraman informant later told them that the humanlike aliens were actually Humans transformed, and that he and the humans were preparing a trap.

An attack by the human fleet destroyed the entire Oraman fleet, before they managed to use the betrayer's information, and afterwards, a galaxy-wide purge of Oraman cities began, but, during the Oraman leader's absence, the colonies had mostly reverted to their original, criminal state. They had mostly wiped themselves out, with hardly any survivors.

It is not known if they still live, some have reported seeing them, but ultimately, they just dissapeared.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:24:08 am by BlagStar »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »
Hmm... Interesting so far... How about starships? Thats what really gets me interested.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 10:57:00 pm »
Hmm... Interesting so far... How about starships? Thats what really gets me interested.

Well, I don't have much interest / ideas for starships, sooo... :-[

Oh and, some of Lavrottest's features were inspired by Alien Planet.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2010, 03:06:56 am »
For clarification, the Green humanlike guys were actually the humans, I had planned to detail this in a later report about the humans, but I decided it'd be boring to describe the humans instead of aliens. When they retreated, they were rushing to a gate that would spray them with a DNA unlocker which transformed them to normal humans again. I've edited the last post to show this. I've posted it here, as most of you probably won't notice it if you've already read it once.

Edit:
How coincidential. The Valon are trade based in space, and the Oraman are mean military guys in space. Odd.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:12:07 am by BlagStar »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 07:01:33 am »
How is that odd?

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 08:57:36 am »
How is that odd?

It's coincidential that they had the same archetypes / generic personalities in space as I devised for them here.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 09:14:24 am »
Didn't you base them on how you played in-game?

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:31 pm »

I know it's not my question but basing a history on your spore game, unless your a super-imaginative hack, isn't usually very interesting especially tribal stage :-\

Sorry for wasting your eyes.....
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »

I know it's not my question but basing a history on your spore game, unless your a super-imaginative hack, isn't usually very interesting especially tribal stage :-\

Sorry for wasting your eyes.....

Yes, unless I specifically state so in the section, my creatures' history is randomly made out of game.

But they kind of matched the description in space, which surprised me.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:29 am »
Funny thing that.

Happened to me too several times with some of my critters.

I guess it just shows that the aggressive/diplomatic meter is actually somewhat effective at judging an archetype.