Author Topic: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse  (Read 11076 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »
I'll try to break this down.
1. Have you ever been to Troper Works? Plenty of tropers have their own works AND fanfiction.
In summation, Badger, while your argument may or may not apply here, it seems a bit... one-dimensional to me. That's all I'm really saying.
Also, religions aren't useless. They make some people feel like they are working towards something greater than themselves. It also keeps them from doing what I did and thinking WAY too hard about how nature works. Try sleeping after figuring out that when your parents had you, they were technically doing... THAT THING with a very distant cousin. GO AHEAD AND TRY SLEEPING WELL AFTER FIGURING THAT OUT. IT DOES NOT WORK. But I digress... what we really need is an expert to come in here and analyze this debate. Don't you agree?
I have not and have no interest to. Also I have thought about how nature works and I know that I was conceived through a very distant form of incest. That is how mutations are formed and without the incest occurring humans would never have evolved. If you want to get someone to see if I am right go ahead.
Threads are pretty fun to Hi-Jack, aren't they?
It is spelled hijack and I have no clue what you mean.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 07:38:21 pm »
Rant incoming in half an hour or so. Going to take a break from homework after I finish this one thing.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 07:41:13 pm »
Har har I just finished mah homework mahself.
And guys, stop whining. If the person wants to create his universe, where the Grox are the little piss-on's they usually are, and Spode's some god nobody has heard of and even fewer people care about, fine. All the more power to him. Take yer talk of fanfiction and comic books onto another topic, so you don't ruin his.
Good day to you all.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 07:51:49 pm »
What is a 'mah'?
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 08:24:04 pm »
You're getting overcritical and pissy all of a sudden, badger, did you realize?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »
Yes I do realize that I am barraging the newcomer with criticism.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 08:31:48 pm »
Not just the newcomer, you're unnecessarily picking away at most of the grammatical quirks (not errors, quirks.) and ideas of the other guys.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »
Well quirks are useless. As for ideas... Their ideas are wrong.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 08:55:17 pm »
Here's a small idea I have: Just because an idea is unoriginal doesn't mean it can't still be engaging; the same way that some particularly good movies can be watched over and over without significant loss of entertainment value. Fanfiction is the idea of building off of something that's already there, in a sense: It is set  in a predetermined universe, with predetermined places and characters, but they are still good, well written stories that give new life to an old story. So while some stuff is unoriginal, it doesn't mean that it is boring, or uncreative, it just means that the person writing it wanted to use something that was there, rather than make something completely up.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:21 pm »
What is a 'mah'?

What is a Grammah Nahzi?
THE EROGA

The females of the Eroga race are extremely intelligent, but weak. They discovered how to use and create tools a few thousand earth years before any other race. By the time other races managed to learn to use tools, the Eroga were already a civilized race. The Females are able to use slight mind control on the uncivilized / idiotic creatures, such as the males. They are able to control more than one creature at once, the largest amount recorded has been nine. The females live for about 250-497 earth years.

The Erogian females are able to breed with either gender, more reason for them to find Males to be useless.

The Males are very powerful, but they are completely idiotic. It is common for a female to travel with a group of males, so that her psychic abilities would keep the Males out of harms way. It was very common for males to be enslaved at birth by their mothers / by females unable to mate. Eventually, they became hated by society. The Males live for about 150-225 earth years.

EROGIAN SOCIETY
The people are ruled by an "Almighty Council". The Council consists of the most intelligent females of the Erogian, and some "Eroga Lavalan Olak". (Explained later). The people of Erogian Society have never rebelled, as the Council is generally orderly, and the Erogians are naturally honest, caring about most of everyone of their species.

Males have ultimately been wiped out as of the project codenamed "People's Poison", which, in Erogian, is "Egolla Kolikft" (The Erogians have several words that are extremely hard to pronounce, most relate to scientific advancements, however.)

Eroga Lavalian Olak

A few hundred years before the tribal stage, the females had a phase of evolution before their final stage, which is pictured now. This stage had major differences from the previous stage, which was a bird-like, four legged herbivore. This stage was able to live infinitely, and was much smarter than normal females. However, they needed to eat five times as much, and got hungry two times faster, so many of them died of starvation. Evolution responded with the non infinite living final stage. The few Lavalak (Erogians use this term as a shortening) still remaining all have seats in the council, or other important positions. Their thousands of years have given them amazing intelligence.

Codename: People's Poison
A little bit before the first kind of flying tank was invented, the Council decided that Males were a massive problem and needed to be eliminated. They created a poison that would slowly kill the female's ability to produce males, as science has been giving females the ability to do men's work with "Gene Unlockers" that let females gain strength of the men. They considered going public, but they realized that some people would rebel against the "Killing of men", so, they made secret contracts with every food supplier on the planet to add this Poison to their food. However, during the destruction, a Grox ship appeared, setting up a station on a nearby planet. They ended up realizing the planet was naturally extremely radioactive. They blew it up and fled the system, however, a small amount of radiation came to the Erogian home planet. This radiation, combined with the "People's Poison", caused madness in many of the Erogians, and caused a mutated species. This marked the start of the first ever Civil War. However, they were quickly stopped, as they were insane and their plans were usually idiotic. One side effect was the creation of "Laffalic". A few years later, everyone had successfully been poisoned, and could no longer produce males. The council said the radiation attack a few years back had caused their bodies to mutate, and that this was a tragic, but helpful event. The remaining males were enslaved with robotic technology, and their organs were harvested to be turned into fertilizer / food, since the planet was running low on resources, and they had an excess of metal, they replaced each organ with robotic parts.

ROBOTIC SLAVES

The Council decided to turn the males into unwilling robotic slaves. They added virtual intelligence to replace their brains and give them a BIT of intelligence. Their robotic parts allow them to live for much longer, usually 900-1700 earth years.

SLAGOGA

The basic form. The Slagoga are Males who could not survive with all their organs replaced with robotic parts, so they were left as "Slagoga". Slagoga means "Harvested Slave" in Erogian. The Erogians don't know that the organs are used as food, only as fertilizers. Their head arm is completely cut off and harvested, their feet are replaced, and they are given a new mouth.

VALON

Those who can handle all their organs being replaced are turned into these robots. They have robotic spine maintainers all over their backs, which keep their spines from bending back. The Valon, as they are called, have a name that means "Living Dead". Basically, their name means Zombie.

LAFFALIC

When the Grox caused the radiation from the planet to be released, the females bodies reacted with the radiation, which cancelled out the poison in a way, causing "monstrosities". But, they were not hated. They had the female's intelligence, if not better intelligence, and almost as much strength as males. But, their lifespans were shorter and many times they had weak immune systems. The Laffalic still live on, although they ended up mostly creating their own societies. The Laffalic are able to breed, even though they are "Genderless" according to Erogians. (Laffalic means "Genderless Being"). During the civilization stage, several Laffalic gained a seat in the council, and are still very respected. They live for about 300-668 earth years.

SPACE BASED CIVILIZATION
When the first space ship was made and found traces of life on a nearby planet, the Council was overjoyed. They quickly focused all their resources on creating better space ships and training more men. The Erogians are an adaptable race. While they prefer peaceful resolutions, they can quickly turn to military action, with their massive military force. They even have a special psychic division, based on the female's slight Mind control abilities. They use certain drugs to enchance their abilities, allowing them to control more intelligent species, etc. The generals usually outfit themselves with robotic expansions, to give themself longer lifespans and make them more powerful in their old age. As of the current time, the Eroga are an extremely successful race, despite several wars, they hardly have any enemies anymore, even friends with the ex-robotic slaves. (See: The Freedom Fight)

EDITED EXTRA: The Laffalic still exist, as they can breed with themselves. Althought a minority, as it is fifteen times harder for them to breed, they still live and continue to gain wisdom. Many of them died in the Freedom Fight Massacre.

THE FREEDOM FIGHT
When the radiation struck, the Males started becoming more intelligent. When they were outfitted with robotic parts, they became even more intelligent. They developed ways to ensure they lived twice as long as expected, and were slowly gaining more intelligence. They, secretly, built robotic slaves for themselves to do their work, and the Council didn't realize this and never paid attention to them. By the time most of the military had left to conquer the planet of a race that had made several threats and attacked several cargo ships, the Robots were at twice female's level of intelligence. They decided it was finally time, and awoke their robot armies. They stormed the cities, killing thousands. They easily massacred the army, the Erogian death to Robot Slaved death ratio being 12:1. They escaped from the planet, using their robotic parts to figure out how to use the ships. They established a base on another planet, and started building their own society. When the military got back from it's conquer, it was shocked to see everything in ruin. The Council lost 50% of it's members, the planetary military was dead, and the cities were burning, wrecked. They were ordered to fully purge the enemy Robot's planet, but the robots were already fully defended. The main robots had turned themselves into war machines, and the defenses were amazing.

The males contacted the military, saying that this was revenge for "Thousands of years of injustice", and that if they were smart, they would leave and never try to attack again. The Robotic Slaves turned into their own small empire, being extremely diplomatic and trade-based. Eventually, they formed an alliance with the erogians.

There goes an hour of my life.  8)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:22:06 pm by BlagStar »

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:40:44 pm »
Badger, what you're saying makes no sense.

The Shadowchasers Universe (Yugioh 5DS)

Shinji and Warhammer 40 K (NGE Waehammer 40 K)

Embers (Avatar:The Last Airbender)

All of these are fanfiction and all of them have dedicated fandoms and bases in of themselves and independent from there parent works.

Likewise the vast majority of Comics are writen by those who didn't "create" them. Is Grant Morrison's award-winning run on Batman "unoriginal" because he didn't create him some 70 years ago? Alan Moore's Animal Man or Swamp Thing? How about the DCAU that was basically a fanfic. Your reasoning invalidates entire genres of reading" saying you don't like a certain work is understanable but to dismis literally THOUSANDS of instances of an artwork out of hand is just foolish?

Back OT, pretty good, what exactly will you be doing with these?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »
-BLUH-
Here is something to remember Lush. If it is canon it isn't fanfic. I recognize none of your reference titles and do not wish to as they are probably horrid. Whatever.
What is a 'mah'?
What is a Grammah Nahzi?
I don't know? What is a 'Grammah Nahzi'? I assume you mean 'grammar Nazi'. I can assure you that I am in no way genocidal towards members of the Jewish Faith or anyone of Hebrew Descent. I also possess no genocidal tendencies towards grammar so your statement is void.

And to our current programming: It took you an hour to right that much? Slow typer is slow.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 11:16:47 pm »
-BLUH-
Here is something to remember Lush. If it is canon it isn't fanfic. I recognize none of your reference titles and do not wish to as they are probably horrid. Whatever.
What is a 'mah'?
What is a Grammah Nahzi?
I don't know? What is a 'Grammah Nahzi'? I assume you mean 'grammar Nazi'. I can assure you that I am in no way genocidal towards members of the Jewish Faith or anyone of Hebrew Descent. I also possess no genocidal tendencies towards grammar so your statement is void.

And to our current programming: It took you an hour to right that much? Slow typer is slow.

Back. Oh and, I'm actually a fast typer. It's just that the whole story had only existed in my head, and I had to create some of the creatures in Spore, as I found the robots a bit... unsatisfactory. And I had to go back into spore several times, rewrite sections of it, come up with extra plot, etc.

Badger, what you're saying makes no sense.

The Shadowchasers Universe (Yugioh 5DS)

Shinji and Warhammer 40 K (NGE Waehammer 40 K)

Embers (Avatar:The Last Airbender)

All of these are fanfiction and all of them have dedicated fandoms and bases in of themselves and independent from there parent works.

Likewise the vast majority of Comics are writen by those who didn't "create" them. Is Grant Morrison's award-winning run on Batman "unoriginal" because he didn't create him some 70 years ago? Alan Moore's Animal Man or Swamp Thing? How about the DCAU that was basically a fanfic. Your reasoning invalidates entire genres of reading" saying you don't like a certain work is understanable but to dismis literally THOUSANDS of instances of an artwork out of hand is just foolish?

Back OT, pretty good, what exactly will you be doing with these?

I don't plan to RP with them, only to possibly make stories regarding events in the "Insaniverse", such as, wars / galactic plague (The Galacticus virus is coming for you!).

I don't really RP, I'm pretty bad at it and usually end of jerking off after getting bored.  :'(

Edit:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/InsaniChan

My Spore, if anyone wants it. My robotic guys aren't there because Robot parts are a communist conspiracy and I'm butthurt.

Oh and, I'm going to go upload some of my old creations from my, err, less le- Actually, nevermind.

Double Edit:

Okay nevermind, I'm going to go play Mirror's Edge.

Triple Edit:

Okay nevermind, I'm probably going to play spore again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:31:32 pm by BlagStar »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:30 pm »
Fine so far, as far as I've seen.

Oh and, I'm actually a fast typer. It's just that the whole story had only existed in my head, and I had to create some of the creatures in Spore, as I found the robots a bit... unsatisfactory. And I had to go back into spore several times, rewrite sections of it, come up with extra plot, etc.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Don't get deterred by those guys which constantly criticize you for such technical matters as typing speed. By their logic, Stephen Hawking has the typing speed of a paramecium and therefore shouldn't be respected, at all.

So yeah. Just keep moving and don't mind such meaningless fluff.

Aye. By that definition, all fanfiction authors... ...are talentless hacks.
They are.

Ha.

Try saying that with a straight face to these guys without getting set on fire.

Alternate History is, basically, fanfiction of the original timeline. And I, for one, have seen countless examples of excellent alternate history, some far better than even these so-called "original stories" you keep saying.

Intolerance FTW fail...   :(

-BLUH-
I recognize none of your reference titles and do not wish to as they are probably horrid. Whatever.

Way to go cherry-picking arguments.

Double intolerance FTW fail...   :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:46:40 pm by Yuu »

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 11:56:21 pm »
I'll probably post more tomorrow, I have a Mass Effect novel to read.

Or maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Not sure.

:-\