Author Topic: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse  (Read 11075 times)

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:15:25 am »
This is my thread where I post detailed backgrounds for various creations of mine.
WHAT IS THE INSANIVERSE?

The "Universe" or "Galaxy" where my creatures are located and live. The Insaniverse is my custom Universe that I basically use so that I control all aspects of the setting I tell my stories in.

Features:

GROX ARE A REAL THREAT
HUMANS ARE REAL, IF THEY STILL LIVE MAY BE EXPLAINED LATER ON, PROBABLY DEAD
SPODE IS REAL, BUT HE IS NOT BELIEVED BY EVERY SINGLE RACE IN THE UNIVERSE
EACH RACE HAS THEIR OWN CURRENCY, BUT A GALACTIC ALLIANCE USES A CURRENCY OF GALACTIANS.

All creatures mentioned can interact with eachother, although they may live in a different time than others. I may make a timeline later.

I take inspiration from Mass Effect and Alien Planet, so expect a bit of references here and there.

The difference between ANCIENT and PAST is that Ancients passed away / were created billions of years ago (passed away for just ancients, created for Ancients - Present) and past passed away less time ago,  1 - 1 billion, after that it's counted as Ancient.

CURRENT RACES:
The Eroga
White Lavatic
ANCIENT RACES:
The Oraman
ANCIENT - PRESENT RACES:
The Dark and Manly association
ANCIENT - PAST RACES:

PAST RACES:

(Ancient means they lived and died a long time ago, Ancient - Present means they're a bloody old race, Ancient - Past means they died / became extremely scattered recently)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:30:14 am by BlagStar »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: A Hitchhiker's guide to the Insaniverse
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:15:04 pm »
Eh? Another person using the Grox, Spode and Humans to fill in what their imagination couldn't create.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:43:22 pm »
Quiet, Badger.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »
Aye. By that definition, all fanfiction authors and comic book writers are talentless hacks.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:45 pm »
agreed
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »
Are any of the races we're familiar with from the RP's here?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:13:26 pm »
I think its just his creatures or something. dont worry about it too much. its gonna disapear by next week.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:17:44 pm »
That's rather cantankerous of you, Crazen.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:26:02 pm »
Eh? Another person using the Grox, Spode and Humans to fill in what their imagination couldn't create.

First of all, I like the idea of the Grox.

Second of all, as I stated, Spode may be a "God" but only a minor one that not many believe in. (Although I didn't state this very clearly, I only kept him in in the case that I wanted to use him for whatever reason. So far, I have no plans for him.)

Third of all, I like the idea of Humans interacting with alien species.

I think its just his creatures or something. dont worry about it too much. its gonna disapear by next week.

Pretty much this. I don't plan to RP / interact with other species in my stories, if I ever make one or five that is.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:28:29 pm by BlagStar »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 06:49:00 pm »
Aye. By that definition, all fanfiction authors and comic book writers are talentless hacks.
They are. Fanfiction is written by people who are uncreative. As to the comic book writers statement I must disagree. Many comics take place in a shared universe so characters of the same timeline will pop up as would characters with access to inter-dimensional travel and/or time travel. I am simply saying that by using the Grox and Spode he is stating that he had no better ideas. The Grox could be replaced by an original creature that serves the same purpose. Spode is a 'god' so using him in any way is uncreative. Gods are easy to make and design. I will demonstrate my point.

Yudi: A small insectoid species bent on killing and/or enslaving all life in the universe. (Equivalent to the Grox)

Pont: A god which takes on a nondescript humanoid form. Is often associated with commerce and money. (A god)

As you can see its not hard to put a little work into your creations to create a small amount of originality.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »
This is not always true, Badger. If that were the case, then every retelling of ancient mythology is just bad fanfic. Many people write fanfic because they thought something was going to happen in the work, but that thing didn't happen. Fanfic allows us to pretend that it did. Besides, nothing is truly original. Everybody's inspired by something. Even the very first stories that people told were influenced by real events, meaning that the story had, in essence, already been written. By your standards, literature, religion, even our very personalities are all fanfic, Badger. Fanfiction is not bad, just like tropes are not bad. They are both tools.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 07:07:23 pm »
This is not always true, Badger. If that were the case, then every retelling of ancient mythology is just bad fanfic. Many people write fanfic because they thought something was going to happen in the work, but that thing didn't happen. Fanfic allows us to pretend that it did. Besides, nothing is truly original. Everybody's inspired by something. Even the very first stories that people told were influenced by real events, meaning that the story had, in essence, already been written. By your standards, literature, religion, even our very personalities are all fanfic, Badger. Fanfiction is not bad, just like tropes are not bad. They are both tools.
Fanfiction is made by people who can't write their own tales. My standards also vary greatly on the matter. Religions are all the same and are now useless thanks to science (I won't get into that here.) Literature is original because it is different enough that you don't get bored or annoyed. Roman and Greek mythology are examples of un-originality. The Greek gods were the original ones and the Romans took them and slightly changed their names. This is what I mean by unoriginal work. Personalities are a wholly different can-of-worms and not necessary to correct your fallacy. All stories are indeed re-tellings of previous ones but the only good ones are re-tellings that have been changed enough to be interesting. My two example beings (The Yudii [plural of Yudi] and Pont) are based on other beings which were in turn based on others but each one was tweaked enough that most people won't notice.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:15 pm »
I'll try to break this down.
1. Have you ever been to Troper Works? Plenty of tropers have their own works AND fanfiction.
2. True on the "most people won't notice" thing... but then again, most people don't care enough to. If they did, we'd have stopped writing stories a long time ago.

In summation, Badger, while your argument may or may not apply here, it seems a bit... one-dimensional to me. That's all I'm really saying.
Also, religions aren't useless. They make some people feel like they are working towards something greater than themselves. It also keeps them from doing what I did and thinking WAY too hard about how nature works. Try sleeping after figuring out that when your parents had you, they were technically doing... THAT THING with a very distant cousin. GO AHEAD AND TRY SLEEPING WELL AFTER FIGURING THAT OUT. IT DOES NOT WORK. But I digress... what we really need is an expert to come in here and analyze this debate. Don't you agree?

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 07:18:16 pm »
Fanfiction is made by people who can't write their own tales. My standards also vary greatly on the matter. Religions are all the same and are now useless thanks to science (I won't get into that here.) Literature is original because it is different enough that you don't get bored or annoyed. Roman and Greek mythology are examples of un-originality. The Greek gods were the original ones and the Romans took them and slightly changed their names. This is what I mean by unoriginal work. Personalities are a wholly different can-of-worms and not necessary to correct your fallacy. All stories are indeed re-tellings of previous ones but the only good ones are re-tellings that have been changed enough to be interesting. My two example beings (The Yudii [plural of Yudi] and Pont) are based on other beings which were in turn based on others but each one was tweaked enough that most people won't notice.

Threads are pretty fun to Hi-Jack, aren't they?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »
Sorry about that. This happens more than you'd think, and mostly over really tiny things. Please, continue with your universe-building.