Author Topic: Halo: Reach!  (Read 15403 times)

Offline Leonard_Church

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • "I can't believe I died for this army."
    • View Profile
Re: Halo: Reach!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:13 pm »
I personally love the Halo series but I just think Reach is over rated. Don't get me wrong, I love the games but It's just another Halo game. Shoot elites and grunts, get from point A to point B without dieing. press a switch and your done. Then drive away before the time runs out or your exploded all over the universe... again... Sure the graphics got better but other than forge world and the new multi-player updates the story is better in the book form rather than the game. I know I'm going to get a lot of people hating me for this but this is how I think. I won't have the game for another couple months once the hype dies down.
"It's not broken. It's just... sleeping..."

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 10:51:52 am »
As previously said, Halo was never "Good" "Novel" "Ground Breaking" All it did was just put what has been done before into a console environment. Halo one did FPS Halo two did MP and Halo three was a slight graphical improvment. ODST was strange as was Wars.... Get the picture it gets worse the more they release em xD
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:28 am »
I personally love the Halo series but I just think Reach is over rated. Don't get me wrong, I love the games but It's just another Halo game. Shoot elites and grunts, get from point A to point B without dieing. press a switch and your done. Then drive away before the time runs out or your exploded all over the universe... again... Sure the graphics got better but other than forge world and the new multi-player updates the story is better in the book form rather than the game. I know I'm going to get a lot of people hating me for this but this is how I think. I won't have the game for another couple months once the hype dies down.

I will agree with most of your points there, but I must say Reach was very well done.  I was expecting just another Halo game going into it, but they brought everything together very nicely with this one.  Without a doubt the best storytelling in the series.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 12:59:29 am »
  Without a doubt the best storytelling in the series.

thats not saying much
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 03:59:19 am »

thats not saying much

Concur in my best and oldest tradition.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 11:33:15 am »

thats not saying much

I know, but what I'm saying is this is without a doubt the best in the series.  If you enjoyed any of the others at all, then you will enjoy this one.

Offline shock223

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 11:50:01 pm »

thats not saying much

i once said that to my friend and this is the response i got:

"if i wanted a game with the best writing, i would have bought an RPG that is made by Bioware. again, i am fully aware that if buy a game by bioware, i have to deal with only having 2 people with me at all times and more than likely, more than a few characters will have a crush on me for nothing other than the fact that i am the main character, no thanks. i want more than two people shooting at the crap load of guys around me and i don't want to deal with the emotional fallout when the female elite (that has a crush on me) finds out that i'm about to get some hot AI action and starts reaching for her plasma rifle."

had me laughing for a a good while... 

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 01:24:34 am »

thats not saying much

i once said that to my friend and this is the response i got:

"if i wanted a game with the best writing, i would have bought an RPG that is made by Bioware. again, i am fully aware that if buy a game by bioware, i have to deal with only having 2 people with me at all times and more than likely, more than a few characters will have a crush on me for nothing other than the fact that i am the main character, no thanks. i want more than two people shooting at the crap load of guys around me and i don't want to deal with the emotional fallout when the female elite (that has a crush on me) finds out that i'm about to get some hot AI action and starts reaching for her plasma rifle."

had me laughing for a a good while... 

You seem to forget its also an average shooter both Singleplayer and Multiplayer...

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 01:30:36 am »
You shut your dirty little youth mouth. Once you get to college you will truly enjoy the pleasures of multi-player online (yeah, where's CoD on that? WTF CoD get with it) whilst drunk.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 03:41:35 pm »
Got it, loved it.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 03:49:03 pm »
I like the game too. I do miss that there isn't really a nice big open battlefield in the story mode, I loved them in CE. The daily challenges are addicting but one of today's challenges is something like get 6+ grenade kills in one game. I'm purposely avoiding online today because of the impending grenade spam. Been playing with forge, building a super race map. Yes good game, me like.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:03 pm »
I remember race maps! Those were actually really fun.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »
Now there's actually a race gamemode.  I did a rally the other day and it was good fun.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:05 am »
You shut your dirty little youth mouth. Once you get to college you will truly enjoy the pleasures of multi-player online (yeah, where's CoD on that? WTF CoD get with it) whilst drunk.

CoD is also not a "Good" MP game....Its just a rehash of all the other cod games, so yeah...MW 1 was good, and that was about it for cod MP. Umm CS 1.6 and to a certain degree CSS are good MP. As is BF2 and BF2142. All of which only if they are on the PC. Console's are bad for MP, consoles are bad, and halo being a console game which isnt even good makes it even worse. PS i hate consoles

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:54 am »
Console's are bad for MP

Aaaaannndd this is where I realized you were retarded.

When you can get 4 of your friends playing on a computer at the same time let me know. Till then I'm pretty sure my behemoth only lets one person play on it at a time.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.