Author Topic: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
Re: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 12:12:01 pm »
Slower characters are naturally going to be tedious in the larger dungeon areas, where it is more of a chore to find your way out. Louie is fine, and has a pretty solid defense with his blocking ability and his use of heavy armour. A broad, powerful swing too. Each character has their up-sides and downsides, and if you don't find them useful then you may simply have to go to earlier dungeons to level them up. That mage is a real pain to get anywhere with. Weak and slow. Don't forget to use the pause menu to check the character status, to see instructions on their abilities.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 03:20:48 pm »
I'm at the start of the last week and I just can't play it anymore because I don't know how to win.

My sole reason for getting this far is because of sheer random luck.

I've kind of lost interest in it and don't think I'll play it ever again, which is pretty sad.

Instead I'm playing Amnesia.

Well.

I'm trying to be a man enough to play Amnesia.
I'm at the Prison part.
the screams.
They never stop.
oh god.

Offline MOTHERfan42

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 01:06:22 pm »
I was a bit hesitant in trying Recettear, but it's a lot of fun once you learn how to juggle combat and running the shop. There's nothing like the feeling of selling a housewife a chocolate bar for 500% of the base price and having her say "That's a great deal!"...while the price of sweets is up anyway.