Author Topic: Fable 3  (Read 3053 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Fable 3
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
Wheeeeee! Its Fable 3!

Intro:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgigSpd8N1k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgigSpd8N1k</a>
*Watch this one*
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR2Uy2VLMc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR2Uy2VLMc</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Xthk3_qmo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Xthk3_qmo</a>

I like the new weapon mechanic they are coming up with. Though i am apprehensive with the whole, leading people around thing. Whatever though it will be fun times. Wings, horns, good, evil, all that good stuff is still in it baby! Fable's back!

Lets talk about this!

(Its supposed to have a delayed PC release too, yay!) (boo to delay, but PC is nice)

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
Re: Fable 3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:20:03 am »
(Its supposed to have a delayed PC release too, yay!) (boo to delay, but PC is nice)

Why would anyone want a PC release of Fable3.

Another thing I thought if games had console and pc releases you just discuss it all in one thread so don't we already have a fable 3 thread
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:50:15 am »
Fable 1 was on the PC as well, mind you, and from what I heard, it wasn't too crappy of a port.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Kidsoldier

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare (TAW)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:32:47 am »
I rather enjoyed Fable I on the PC.. So I'm looking forward to see what Fable III can bring after the absence of its prequel
TAW is recruiting members now! Check it out at TAW.net

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:47:41 am »
Fable one was Mediocre as far as i was concerned. Fable 2 was less than Mediocre, so the trend suggests that Fable 3 will be FARLESS than mediocre. Now on average how many console games get a good port? So lets say that chance is around 1/5 x2 for two pc games and ports so that's a 2 in 10 chance of getting a good pc port from the fable series, we already had one so that's reduced now to 1/10 or 2/20  Depending on which way you look at it. So lets assume its going to be a bad port, and far less than mediocre..So its going to be bad quite bad. Also the mediocrity of the series is opinion so if we agree it was good the initial game then the second was mediocre and the third will be less than mediocre which still makes fable 3 around a 50% scoring game....Also please ignore this entire post its completely illogical.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:18 am »
As always it sounds interesting when Peter talks. He is a visionary even if he do not always manage to do what he tries to do. But i do hope this game turns out well. And if it does that it comes out on PC. This being one of the big X-box titles the chance of it coming out on PC is well... Higher then most big titles on other consoles. Anything big on Nintendo is going to stay on the Nintendo for example. Playstation? Well sometimes it happens. But the X-box in natures is close to the PC so there is a greater chance.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:39:30 am »
Fable one was Mediocre as far as i was concerned. Fable 2 was less than Mediocre, so the trend suggests that Fable 3 will be FARLESS than mediocre.

Fable
Fable 2

So, you're wrong, and you fail to supply as to why Fable and Fable 2 were mediocre in the first place. They are very entertaining games and both of which i beat at least 3 times to see other options and for funsies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:43:05 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:46:16 am »
Peter Molyneux games I've played:  Populous 1, Syndicate, Theme Park, Magic Carpet 1&2, Dungeon Keeper 1&2, The Movies, B&W 1&2, Fable for the PC.

All of them are good games.  I wouldn't consider any mediocre.

While I can understand why people would be upset by Fable who were hyped by it, I never followed it's development, and found it to be a refreshing change of pace from Elderscrolls.  Not groundbreaking at all, but far from mediocre.

I don't have a 360, so I never played the second Fable, but since Fable 3 is coming to the PC, I've been looking into it, and I have to say that it looks interesting.  Will it be a great game?  Maybe not.  But he should be able to pull off another 80-90 metacritic score. 

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:09:37 am »
Frankly, I throughly enjoyed the first Fable.  I thought the second was great.  If this trend continues, the third should be fantastic.  Yes, they are never the huge, world changing epics that Peter promises, but that doesn't mean they're not great games in their own right.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for games with lots of customizability.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:02 am »
I will explain, I Found the use of magic in the games useless the whole way that once you upgraded a single spell into level 2 maybe 3 you really had no need for any weapons. The world's where quite inventive (the whole Victorian/medieval thing rolled into one) but some of the quests where dull and seemed over done. Also the way experience was gained and put into three separate colours for the way you killed the monster was annoying and seemed useless. Another thing i completed Fable 2 just to make my guy as evil as possible and see if i could actually grow horns. In fable one i was being as "evil" as possible and it didn't really change your character much. Anyway the games really didn't give as much as other Rpgs/Action Rpgs, Elderscrolls, Fallout, Gothic 1+2 (not 3) hell even Overlord 1 and 2 where more enjoyable than this. I agree its an opinion the games look good graphically but they didn't feel polished or entertaining enough for me personally.

One last thing what is the point of having leather armour and such like (named and called armour) which doesn't add any sort of defence and stuff?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:04 pm »
I thought the armor thing was pretty smart actually, it allowed you to customize your character fully without having to suffer the consequences of not using the 'best' armor. They said, and I agree completely that it was stupid to have a bunch of people running around in the same armor just because it was the best one available. I much proffered my silly hat and gentlemens outfit to generic armor.

As for magic, yes it would make your other weapons obsolete, but so did guns. In fact, the game was so easy (my main and pretty much only complaint) that anything you did was effective. No one forced you to use magic. That's what was cool about the game, you weren't penalized for not using the best strategy. If you didn't like magic you could just as easily use an axe or rifle. I fail to see the full extent of you 'magic was op' argument since its a single player game and you didn't need to use magic at all.....

The experience was issued to reward doing a certain action more. It made sense to me, do skill stuff to kill enemy, gain skill experience to upgrade skill stats to kill better. It's like almost any rpg where doing an action upgrades a stat (TES) just in a simplified manner, which was fine.

Are you saying you didn't get horns in fable 2? They were there you had to be corrupt and evil.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »
Fable 1 became easiest once you hit the zombie area. Magic shield plus infinitely respawning enemies equals massive combo scores. I hated the fight your way to the dock mission though if you weren't geared as a massive high damage character you were in a lot of trouble as it was a timed mission. From memory I had more stealth going on which didnt gel with bring down enemies with that much health in such a short time. While I was never in any danger of dieing in that mission the time limit was such a pain I had to grind a ton to get the xp to pass it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »
Started playing this game today after watching my friend play it for a bit on Xbox. The PC version was not easy to track down because stupid companies, but I got it and it works.

Anyway, I remember a few years ago my roommate also played this game. A lot. And both people I know that played this game mentioned that the game has this clock mechanic going on where things kind of come to a close when you reach a certain point in the game. Now, in my case that should be very far off. But I wanted to know, what's the deal with this mechanic? Is it always ticking away? Does it only progress when I move the story forward? Can I miss things? What's the deal with the timer or clock or whatever?

Also, I hated that dock mission as well, Cobra. Played a lot of Fable 1 and was excited for the sequel. Then they decided I didn't get to play Fable 2. Then they just stop selling Fable 3 on PC. Thanks guys. :|
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:08:38 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 09:43:02 pm »
Its way at the end and you trigger it there's no real clock

You can't miss anything really but you can change how things and if you trigger at certain  points. The trigger is very obvious and is basically the end game trigger a la mass effect 2,. There is no timer
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:47:29 pm by eropS »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 07:57:12 am »
Cool! Thank you.