Poll

What would you like to see at some point in this arc?

A dead whale on the Moon
9 (37.5%)
Someone shoot giant ants out of their mouth
5 (20.8%)
A man in a fedora have his skirt blown up
2 (8.3%)
Jimmy Carter arguing with a jeweler about his bling
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP  (Read 13140 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP
-Or The Whatever RP-

The OOC - Information Station

*shoots a confetti cannon*

Welcome one and all to TSMSGMG! This RP is a very laid back super fun times for all sort of game. All you need to know is that despite being loopy and fun, the quality of your posts cannot be set to the side. You are still expected to write well and work with the rest of the group. That said, feel free to have fun and experiment. Just don't godmod or be a total dickasaurous. The world is a world separated into territories that are dominated by different genres. You have Wild West Town located just a short trip from Dystopia Land and both of them are down the road from Samurai Village. All of these places are fully aware of each other and normally keep to themselves for reasons that we really don't need to worry about. Sometimes they get together for parties and poetry readings. And for some reason no seemingly superior genre takes over the others. Space Marine Orbital Platform doesn't feel it necessary to subjugate the fine, upstanding citizens of Caveman Paradise (they have mini-golf).

So do you get it? Good. It's not complicated, just don't be an asshat or stupid. GO!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:16:48 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:15:07 pm »
A crazed-looking man in a white lab coat soared over the Wild West town of O.K. Dodge on a pair rocket boots. In one hand was a notepad and in the other was a giant megaphone. He screamed into the device at the top of his lungs. The people on the streets below looked up with a twinge of annoyance as they went about their daily business. A team of horses bolted out of their stable as the megaphone cracked loudly. Losing his train of thought, the man watched a team of horses barrel through a saloon. Clearing his throat, the man restarted and groans filled the street below.

"Ah... sorry about that... sorry. I uh... right where was I? Like I was saying! I AM DOCTOR BIZARRE! And these transgressions CANNOT be taken lightly! For their ARROGANCE and SHEER RUDENESS, I feel I must bring PAIN and SUFFERING and DOOM upon the people of Castle Cobb! These FOOLS! THEY ARE SUCH FOOLS THEY ARE! THEY WILL... argh! They will PAY! So I will be DESTROYING them! All of them! You should come and watch! I've built a GIANT MAGNIFYING GLASS! They will all SUFFER as I slowly heat them to the point of UTTER COMBUSTI- ARGH!!!!"

Dr. Bizarre tumbled through the air as someone down below lobbed a few shots at him. A spark zipped out of his boots and he shook his fists.

"H-hey screw you guys! I'm putting you on THE LIST! All will TREMBLE before DR. BIZARRE! WAHAHAHAHA!"

Laughing maniacally, Dr. Bizarre flew away to spread his message to other towns and genres. Down in O.K. Dodge, the people returned to their lives; a few taking a moment to sigh and wonder why Bizarre didn't just get a day job like everyone else... or at least stop bugging them at all hours of the day.

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »
The skies were clear, the streets were clean, and for once... the traffic was manageable. Metropolis City was jumping. People walked busily past each other on the streets, happily greeting each other along the way. The cars took turns at intersections, speeding across the streets toward their given direction. Almost out of nowhere, a loud explosion could be heard in the distance. Citizens began to run away as an average dump truck sped down the street. Shortly behind it, two men and a woman were seen following the vehicle, keeping up with the truck that was going well over 40 mph. Instantly, a fireball shot out of the womans hand. In a matter of seconds, the crackling ball of flame slammed into the side of the compactor. The garbageman desperately tried to keep the vehicle moving, but the fireballs sheer force caused the truck to careen through the streets, ripping up one of the front tires in the process.

The the wheel grinded along the road and caused sparks to fly up on the street as one of the man shot two bolts from a crossbow into the back tires. The vehicle began to slow down, allowing the final man to catch up to the truck. "Hurry Karl! Strike the demon while it's weak!" Instantly, the barely clothed man jumped through the air, a razor sharp battle axe trailing behind him. In a split second, the axe flew past his head and cut straight through the center of the truck. With one swipe, Karl balanced his axe on his shoulder and slammed his feet into the back of the truck. The frame ripped apart, causing the rear to slide into a screeching halt and the front to slam into a nearby wall.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" Karl let a bloodcurdling scream out of his lungs and jumped down from the compactor. "Go Yrsa, find the 'Garbage man.'" Karl irrationally attempted to make sense of the license plate on the rear of the truck until the garbage man was drug in front of him. "You were a worthy opponent. How did you tame this beast?"

"Wha... What?" The garbageman slowly started to back up.

"No matter... your monsters death was quick and painless."

"...but there was no threat. It's just a garbage..."

"I know what it's capable of... and it won't threaten the streets of Metropolis City anymore!" As the garbageman left, the other two family members stacked around Karl. In one swift chop, he sliced off the bumper of the truck, and the trio walked down the street back toward their apartment, a new trophy in Karl the Assimilators hand.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:14:46 pm by Zolinn »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »
Charlie Lass walked out of the Drunk Pirate bar and watched the commotion caused by the Vikings attacking the dump truck. His mind, thinking perfectly clear despite the large amounts of beer he had, wondered why they were attacking the garbage man.

"Mayors not going to be too happy 'bout those three Vikings..." He muttered while taking a sip out of his beer mug.

Behind him in a nearby alley, a man dressed in black watched him. He had been watching him for days now and was amazed about the amount of money he kept spending at the bar and decided he wanted the money for himself. He started sneaking up on Charlie and just when he was two feet away, he heard multiple bangs and he fell to the ground, his face full of holes. Charlie holstered his smoking pistol into a unseen compartment on his belt. He walked back into the bar after the garbage man ran away, avoiding the large puddle of blood coming from the dead man.

If I ever see 'em again, I should buy 'em a beer, he thought.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:04:45 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:01:24 pm »
“Why yes, darling. That is a marvelous idea!” Alexis managed to coo through a fetching grin, as she gave a small hop that set her voluminous and gelatinous chest bouncing. “Let us get a short nibble first, though! Ahuh-huh-huh,” she suggested with a giggle.

“Ah… he-herm. Yes. Of course,” the gentleman of the day responded, his silk top hat pointing straight to the sky as he finally moved his eyes up from Alexis’ breasts. “In the privacy of my abode, as usual?”

“I would not have it any other way. Huh-huh.”

And what an absolutely delicious meal it was. Creamed strawberries, baby carrots dipped their whole length in small-but-expensive containers brimming with brown sauce, and, to top it all off, a delicious salty-sweet white broth with just the right thickness.

As soon as all the finger-licking and joyous palating was over, they proceeded to go on with the marvelous idea. An idea marvelously executed. And marvelously finished. Nothing could have been more perfect… and marvelous.

“Well well, now that that is over…” she said with a charming smile and clothes never entirely shed, “I can only but make sure my reputation remains untarnished, you see. Ahuh-huh-huh!”

He only had a short moment to see her reach under her expansive skirts before being confronted by some hairy thing. Slamming his foot on it, he quickly grabbed his pants and took out a gun (not THAT gun, mind you). “I’m sorry, my love. But this means I have to kill you. I’ll still love you even in death, though,” he said with a wink as he pulled on the trigger.

Seconds later, a furry creature slipped out of the barrel, triumphantly holding the bullet with what could only be considered as its hands.

“Good luck next time, darling. Ahuh-huh-huh,” she said before the gentleman’s body was attacked through every orifice by a multitude of puffs.

Leaving her little hairy monsters to take care of the body, she set her skirt in motion. She was now on her way to pay a visit to a certain Viking village. Yes, they would be a nice challenge. Ahuh-huh-huh!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:21:44 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:17:03 pm »
The Saloon was packed to the hilt as usual. Ignoring the ramblings of the scientist outside, Jaden went back to paying attention to his poker hand.

Two cowboys had already folded, but Ferris Dandy eyed Jaden carefully, his cards held close to his face.

"Well, all best are off you dapper fruit. You going to lay them down or what?" Ferris Dandy said, spitting into the nearest spittoon for effect.

Jaden narrowed his eyes glancing over the items on the table. Amongst the coins and paper money seated at the table was a find pocke****ch, bet daringly by the mustached cretin eyeing him from across the table.

"I'm afriad I only have a full house." Jaden said lowering his cards to the table, revealing two queens and three 2's.

"HAW SHEEIT!!!", extorted Ferris, slapping down his cards. "Four Aces! I hope you cry you dapper fop!" The man crowed, beginning to scrape the winnings on the table towards him. As he did Jaden unholstered a large silver revolver and laid it on the table.

"Tell him what you saw Jim." Jaden said glaring at the man sweeping the earnings off the table.

Everyone looked at the gun in silence for a moment.

"That is right. I do think he needs to be taught a valuable life lesson." Jaden said picking up the gun.

"Now wait a minute. Don't be so hasty. I didn't mean to call you names. Just foolin' ya see?" The man said nervously eyeing the gun.

"Thats right. You saw it Jim. Tell him. Tell him what you saw." Jaden said pulling back the hammer on the gun.

The silence in the saloon was deafening.

Suddenly the shot rang out from the gun, splitting a whole between Ferris Dandy's eyes.

Grabbing the watch at the table, Jaden flipped open the cover and examined the face.

"Bastard set his watch 5 minutes ahead. You all saw it." Jaden said taking the watch and slamming his fist on the table. As he holstered his gun and pocketed the watch everyone in the saloon watched him nervously. "You're right Jim. He was a cheater. That I can forgive. But i will not abide by such temporal de-synchronization." As he got up from the table, one of the other cowboys examined the cards strewn about.

"Whadda ya know! 5 aces!" he said holding up Ferris' hand as well as the cards Jaden had discarded.

Walking outside the saloon, Jaden unholstered his gun and took a handful of shots at the Scientist with the Jet-boots on.

"No solicitors!" Jaden muttered, holstering his weapon and walking down the street.

He walked to his motorcycle and checked his helmet before examining the carnage down the street. A team of horses had driven their wagon straight into the competing saloon.

"Mendacity, Jim. Its all a bunch of Mendacity." Jaden muttered putting his helmet on and mounting the bike to leave.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:21:50 pm by Talkc »

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:57:41 pm »
"Good evening, my little sheep! Oh, and the wooly things too, whatever they're called. It's that time of month again!"

The Baron walked down the street of his village, charmingly smiling at the peasants, sheep, and peasants who looked like sheep.

"Ah, my lad, you're interested in my bagpipe?" He smiled down at the little boy who always looked at his pipes. Always. We think he's slow, even by village standards. "Well, I'd play them for ya, but the scabs are still there... Maybe next time, eh?"

Grinning like someone who's in control of the whole world, rather then a small stupid village in the ass-end of said world, he glanced through the many, many peasants... In fact, come to think of it, some are rather rabbity, too... He smiled at a particularly healthy young woman and beckoned to her. "Ah, lass, you seem to be the lucky one! You get to come up to my castle for dinner! It'll be so fun to have you."

She grinned like an idiot and followed him up, where they had a very nice meal. Blood pudding, haggis, and mutton, followed by a nice glass of merlot.

Of course, by the end of the night she was a few litres light on blood and would have a splitting headache in the morning, but otherwise it was fine night for all.

Except for the little matter of the idiot in the flying go-go boots crashed through his skylight and out the door.

"Oh bloody hell, I just got that fixed. That's it, I'm gonna have to do something about that bloody idiot... Just wish I could fly... Ah well, that's what planes are for."

Muttering like a madman, Harry the Baron groped around for the map. "Now... Where's Modernia?"

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:10 pm »
We all know the road between Zombie Apocalypse City and Nuclear Apocalypse City. Mr.Pillz just happened to be driving down it on a vaction when the radio started spewing some crap about a giant magnifying glasses. Pfft yeah right. He just changed the station and listened to music, off on his way to that small town off of Abandoned Highway. You know, Living Dead Village. He ate a container of pills and put the cab on cruise control before nodding off with one thought in his head. Cruise control means I don't have to steer. Right?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:36:36 pm »
A young couple sat at a small outdoor cafe somewhere in Nondescript City Park. As they leaned in for a slow motion kiss, the table began to tremble and huge fissures cut across the ground. Laughter filled the air and the scenic lake at the park's center began to bubble violently. Huge plumes of water rose into the sky and something large jetted out of the depths. Two giant rockets spewed flame across the park and massive claws latched onto trees as a spiny black robot lurched toward the cafe. A dome at the top of the monstrosity revealed the silhouetted form of a scientist cackling madly. His voice thundered across the park.

"FOOLS! I HAVE SLUMBERED FOR TWO LONG YEARS! BUT TODAY YOU WILL FACE THE MIGHT OF PROFESSOR PAIN! FEAR ME AND MY MIGHTY HERMIT CRABTASTROPHE! RAKAKAKAKA!!!"

The machine took aim at the couple in the cafe and something began to charge. It grew louder and louder and louder still and just when it seemed like the device couldn't become any more fearsome, the couple disappeared in a puff of smoke. With a screech, the Hermit Crabtastrophe stopped and the dome opened. Professor Pain stumbled out of his creation and threw off his goggles to reveal a pair of wild eyes. He stared at the two piles of ash and scratched his head, then looked back at his machine. There was a loud bang and the Hermit Crabtastrophe exploded apart, sending the Professor to his behind. A strange shadow passed by and Professor Pain looked up to see some sort of giant magnifying glass hovering past in low earth orbit.

"Hah hah haaaaaah! Better luck next time, Pain! We all know I am the best. That is I! DOCTOR BIZARRE!!! Wahahahaha! And now to DESTROY the INGRATES at Castle Cobb!"

Professor Pain shook his fist at the retreating magnifying glass and picked up a smoldering piece of his ruined invention with tears in his bulbous eyes. A team of police officers descended upon him from all directions and he disappeared beneath the pile.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »
Charlie, doing his afternoon jog, watched the chaos caused by Professor Pain and was about to attack him when a giant flying magnifying glass flew over, turned Pain's walker into slag, and flew away. He considered following the magnifying glass, but decided not to. Wasn't like he was going to cause much chaos anyway. But then he remembered he needed to do target practice, so he pulled out his massive anti-tank rifle and started shooting explosive rounds at the middle of the magnifying glass.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »
"NO NO NO!!!"

Doctor Bizarre's voice rattled the windows of Nondescript City. The anti-tank round exploded against the terribly thick lens and left a tiny black smudge. Unseen from the ground, dozens of tiny robots with scrubbers raced toward the blotch to clean it up. The very very tiny speck of a mad scientist appeared on the side of the magnifying glass and he cleared his throat. Visible only to someone with binoculars, the Doctor adjusted the volume on his megaphone. An ancient tome was hovering next to him on some sort of platform and he began to flip through the pages.

"Someone hasn't read the Manual! Lucky for you I have a copy on reserve... AHEM! 'We, the high and mighty Sentinels of The League of Ludicrous and Untimely Malfeasance, hereby declare that all persons wishi-' wait... wait wait wait. Okay, hold on HOLD ON! Here it is! 'protagonists CANNOT attack antagonists until the aforementioned ne'er-do-well reaches the point of contention so as to provide adequate tension and a thrilling climax for the theate-' yeah yeah you get it. You CAN'T attack me until we reach Castle Cobb! FOOL! Oh but I can attack you now for... 'unsportsmanlike TRANSGRESSIONS against an antagonist or antagonistic entity.' Wahahahhahahaha!!! Later loser."

Jumping into an aggressive stance, Doctor Bizarre aimed his megaphone toward Charlie with both hands and pressed a small button on the side. There was a blast of feedback followed by a huge cherry-red beam of light. It struck a man standing behind the stalwart soldier. Clutching his throat, the man gagged loudly and a pair of long, spiny legs shot out of his mouth. More legs rapidly followed and then came the thorax... oh god the thorax. The man screamed in mild discomfort as giant fire ants began to march out of him. They stalked around in circles for a moment and then set their sights on Charlie. On cue, their antennae began to glow and hot fire shot out of their mouths.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:12 pm »
As Charlie dodged the fire ant's shots, he noted he should have loaded penetration rounds instead of explosive. He quickly pulled out his double-barrel shotgun and blasted the fire ants. He then turned back toward Doctor Bizarre and yelled, his voice perfectly heard somehow.

"Who said I gave a damn about any god damn rules! I play my way! Now eat lead!"

He pulled out his anti-tank rifle, he thumbed a button on it and a humming was heard. He dropped the current clip and slammed in the clip with the penetration rounds and fired, the rounds going at super sonic speeds.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 09:51:38 pm »
Hank Zephyr was on his way through NonDescript City as the magnifying glass passed by overhead.  He had of course known of it's constuction for some time, as well as it's eventual target, which is where he headed now.  Some firey dame came into his office the other day with a case he just couldn't turn down.  Now, Zephyr usually was not one to work with hysterical dames, fully aware of their tendecy to complicate otherwise simple cases, but he had to make an exception here.

He now found his way enroute to Castle Cobb, where a contact of his was waiting with important evidence for his case.  With his knowledge of Dr. Bizare's plans, he knew he would have to take down that giant contraption of his in the near future, but was content to wait until the storie's climax before opening that can of worms.  At least, until the good doctor pulled out the rulebook.

"Nobody tells Hank Zephy what to do." he said in his gravely voice as his car screached to a halt, the exahust creating a thick cloud in his wake.  "I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."  And with that, he whipped out his 44. magnum, took aim and pinged a shot off the doctor's megaphone.

Content that his point had been made, he continued on his way to the castle.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:53:22 pm by martyk »
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 09:57:17 pm »
Just at the moment of fire antics, Baron McBrian was flying over St Artrekia, and just about to head into the Main Action Area ThingTM.

"Ah, yes, more peanuts, would you mind terribly? Thank ya." Relaxing in his chair, he went for a quick batnap, snoozing while cuddling his bagpipes.

Of course, since this is the world that it is, his plane crashed in a highly contrived circumstance. That is, right into the giant magnifying glass.

Coughing and brushing his kilt clean, he sat up, unhurt in a highly contrived circumstance. "Why do I even use these things? They always crash, and burn, and lead to highly contrived circumstances. Oh, the antics I have participated in through crashes... The mindless, never ending, idiotic antics... Ah well, now onto the plot!"

Glancing up, he saw the mad doctor, the megaphone, and the magnifying glass. Which now had a giant plane in the middle of it. "Oh, there he is. What did I tell ya?" He asked, to no one in particular. Possibly himself. We'll never know.

Looking over his shoulder, he noticed, of course, the giant fire ants coming out of the extras mouth. "What the- Ah well. Must be in... I don't even know, where does that even happen!? I mean come on, it's... Ugh, nevermind. At least that guy managed to kill them... Where did he get that gun?" Still nobody around. We think he's a little bit of a nutter. And a rambler.

Looking up at the flaming scientist, he shook his head and flounced his cape, and started walking down to the Castle. "Now, was it Castle Cobb, or Castle Corr? Or was it Castle Cog? Or maybe..."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:00:15 pm by Doctor Zay »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »
"Waaaa!? Hah.... haha... tha-that's NOT FAIR!!!"

Doctor Bizarre stomped around a bit and kicked his foot into a burning suitcase before falling on his face. He dragged himself back through a trap door and returned once more to the depths of his death ray. A large iris began to close over both sides of the lens and as it reached the center the airplane was sliced free. Now safely hidden, his robots began their repairs. Pressing a giant red button on a control panel, the entire contraption sped up and disappeared over the horizon, en route to Castle Cobb. He was forced to take the long way around due to the no-fly zone over White House Gardens. Several police helicopters followed Bizarre to the borders of Nondescript City airspace before they had to turn around.

At Castle Cobb, the Grand Sorcerer was standing before an oversized crystal ball. In it, she saw the approach of Doctor Bizarre and the faces of those who would stop him. More troubling though was what she spied in the depths of the fog. Something else was coming. Something... prehistoric.