It's OOC, y'all!

WOO!
2 (15.4%)
WOO!
2 (15.4%)
WOMP!
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP OOC  (Read 12586 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP OOC

The RP - Information Station

This is the OOC for TSMSGMG. We'll talk about stuff here and all that good... stuff. There is to be no OOC talk in the RP topic. Otherwise, you know the goddamn rules and the motherloving theory. Feel free to submit a character using the following form:

Name:
Genre:
Abilities:

Get to it! :D

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: The "Stop the Mad Scientist with the Giant Magnifying Glass!" RP OOC
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »
whats the limits to genres?

I'll use the same character I allways use for wacky, over the top things:

Name: Baron Vasquezimoto, the 24th
Bio: the baron is a 2-inch long banana slug. he served 12 years in the French foreign legion. he was partnered with Vicotorovich Flooby, who was a helicopter with a large handlebar moustache. something terrible happend. now, Vasquezimoto has hunted him for 15 years, ever since that fatefull day in Moscow...
Genre: cold-war era magical wonderland
Abilities:
has a solar-powered jetpack.

is unstoppable in the art of selling shoes.
is able to sell anyone pair of fine leather shoes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:53:19 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:46:54 pm »
Name: Soul Pillz
Bio: From Nondescript City he was a taxi driver and then boom bang bam zombies. And now he is driving his cab to wherever. Cause thats what cool people do. Right?
Genre: Zombie apocalypse
Abilities:
Build up of Pain Killers
He can eat a whole container of pills and there is no effect.
Cover your ass
Able to point out the obvious keenly. Applies to pills, ammo and half-dead team mates. And Zombies.

Yes.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:29 pm »
It's not supposed to be random mishmash, Crazen. <_<

Also, genre is the like the set model you use. You can have a cowboy from the western genre locale. That place probably has all sorts of people in hats and shootouts and tumbleweeds. A horror movie victim is going to be from a place with lots of long shadows and innocent-looking neighborhoods. :D

Badger got it right, try to do it more like his.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:33 pm »
As a friend once told me... "Pat, you're doing it right but you're still doing it stupidly". Sometimes right isn't right enough. You know what I mean?

Do it righter.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:15 pm »
sounded like it was supposed to be a random mishmass (dead whale on moon doesnt really reak with congruent storylines) besides, I developed that Idea over the course of 2 years. I have almost an entire novella written.

but dont worry, I see how shooting ants out of your mouth is much less random.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:58:39 pm by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:00 pm »
Well I'm telling you to change it. :P

If it was supposed to be random mishmash I wouldn't have included gems like this:

All you need to know is that despite being loopy and fun, the quality of your posts cannot be set to the side. You are still expected to write well and work with the rest of the group.

And...

So do you get it? Good. It's not complicated, just don't be an asshat or stupid.

Your bio falls under the "stupid" category and is close to tripping over the whole "write well" thing. Fix it up! <3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:16:59 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:17:29 pm »
Name: Karl the Assimilator
Bio: Karl, one of the Sons of the Stars, is a fledgling barbarian, training in Oslofjord, Norway. His training had almost been completed until the wretched dragon, Nyalgth, attacked and devastated his hometown. His family and the other few survivors hesitantly left Oslofjord in search of somewhere new. After three long years and two generations of children, the Assimilator's made their way to Metropolis City in search of a new home. Here, he found a new home, though it appeared to be just as threatening as the previous. Karl now found himself fighting the problems of everyday life.
Genre: Vikings!
Abilities:
Powers of the Gods - Karl has strength and durability that a normal human shouldn't possess. While he usually tries to use this through his battle axe, he can just as easily use it with any other object, or even his hands.
Family Values - Karl has a whole family of Assimilators at his disposal. They're just a phone call away... assuming they can figure out how to work the phone.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:03 pm »
Name: Alexis Strainosky

Bio: A fine damsel with enough powder on her face to asphyxiate a seal and enough make-up to feed ten villages. Loves to wear expensive, flashy dresses with huge, flowing skirts (which she is NOT afraid to lift up). You will often hear her giggling all the way down roads lined with the pompousest shops, grabbing the elbows of fine gentlemen with copiously large tophats. She does not wear more frill because it won’t fit around her body.

Genre: Victorian

Abilities

Spinning Skirts
Her enormous skirts have steampunk technology built-in which allow her to get them started on their spinning with a simple swish. This way she can fly all around the city from lovely gentleman to lovelier gentleman.

Powerpuff
She can produce an endless supply of powder puffs. Once she throws them, she can control their movements, asphyxiating her target with furry loveliness (almost like an army of Furbies).

Quick Change
She has developed the uncanny ability to change from expensive frilly dress to even more expensive frilly dress almost instantly. No one has any idea how she stores each dress where people can’t see it, however.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 10:02:32 pm »
Name: Charlie Lass
Bio: Born on Planet 237, It joined the Space Marines at age 18 and quickly became the best space marine out there. But when he was 37, a space alien blew up Planet 237. When Charlie got to him a week later, he was so full of holes, no one would've thought it possible and every space alien out there feared the name Charlie Lass. You will often find him in bars drinking to his heart's content, yet he never seems to get drunk.
Genre: Space Wars
Abilities: Shoot 'em full 'o holes! - Charlie pulls out two twin-barreled rifles and shoots his target with so many holes, they become Swiss Cheese.

Fixin' Kick - Charlie is able to fix any broken machine simply by kicking it.

Charlie's Grand Slam - Charlie's ultimate attack, he punches his target high into the air, flips out a gatling gun and shoots his target until it runs dry, he then jumps into the air above his target and fires his anti-tank rifle loaded with explosive rounds until that runs dry, then throws his target the nastiest sucker punch ever which rockets the target into the ground while Charlie lands safely. Afterward, Charlie needs to drink twenty beers in order to use this attack again.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:32:54 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:13:47 pm »
AWESOME.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »
Well I'm telling you to change it. :P

If it was supposed to be random mishmash I wouldn't have included gems like this:

Your bio falls under the "stupid" category and is close to tripping over the whole "write well" thing. Fix it up! <3

I wasn't planing on actually participate in this, so its unnecessary for you to criticize my writing.
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »
I wasn't planing on actually participate in this, so its unnecessary for you to criticize my writing.

Are you serious, dude? You submitted a bio. That implies you're going to play. No two ways about it.

In what world do you think the excuse you just gave to me would pass? Get out of here and don't post in this section again unless you are going to play something. Please.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 10:42:32 pm »
1. no, im not trying to be serious

2. its a lot simpler than that. I wrote it bacause it was fun to write. thats about it. where not on the same plane of thought here. I found what you wrote entertaining, so I decided to add something similar. just for s***s and giggles.
so what I said was true (ie, not an excuse)

why does this keep comming up?* can people stop reading intentions to what I say that arent there? cause seriously, I dont mean anything neggative in what I say, or really much at all.

* http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6870.795
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:45:16 pm by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »
I'll stop reading your intentions when you start taking responsibility for the things you're saying. You can't just explain your mistakes away like that.

When you post in a topic called "Bye, I'm leaving forever", that's pretty cut and dry. And when you post a CHARACTER BIO in a topic meant for CHARACTER BIOS, that means you're interested in playing. You can't throw in "oh I was just kidding", after the fact and after you've been told you delivered a crappy bio. You know, maybe if you had specified at the time you posted that you were making the character for fun and not to actually play, I'd be acting a little nicer toward you. But you didn't, and all of your subsequent actions come off as poor attempts at saving face... which you didn't really lose anyway until you stopped taking responsibility for what you'd written and started making excuses!

Now look, I'm not going to argue this any more with you. Don't come back unless you want to play. I don't want to see a single post from you in any RP topic unless you're interested in playing. End of discussion.

NEXT BIO, PLEASE!