Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin  (Read 25674 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 11:07:59 am »
Admiral Turov looked at the images displayed thoughtfully. "Your leviathan ship is no doubt impressive, but I have heard from religious cults on minor worlds and ruins on dead worlds that a long-dead race called the Nauceans had vessels as large as a moon. What makes you think this ship will be bigger than theirs?"
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 11:10:33 am »
"Uh, lemme think about that, oh yeah, LOOK AT THE SCHEMATICS. It's larger than a moon. Well, in all honesty, "moon" isn't a very good vague size, given that moons can be tiny or almost as big as the planet they orbit. Just look at the length, width, and hight data on the blueprints, that should tell you." Val'ones explained.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 11:16:53 am »
"I'm guessing your ship is armed with enough anti-matter weaponry to destroy a world, quite literally. But we have no idea about the shield and hull strength of Nameless ships. It could take star-destroying firepower for all we know. The only people that I can think of that knows the Nameless ship strength best is the Wexxians," Kem said.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »
"If I may interrupt," Drukl growled, "I notice all of you have sent fleets. We, however, have only been able to bring a single ship. As a representative of the race with the least to lose, I must ask: how do you plan to defeat this 'Nameless Empire,' and how can we be of use, exactly? I do want to be able to do something instead of being the Ukuril in the room, pardon my saying."
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »
"Perhaps a law in this treaty to be signed that would alocate Class-Z weapons such as this one to Interstellar authority in times of war?" Replied the gel. "As for your ship, the concept is intriguing but it seems it could be made cheaper.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 12:54:30 pm »
"Does it matter that it has to be cheap? No, all that matters is that if it works," Kem yelled, he turned to Drukl. "The Hell-An Empire shall give your race access to the recently completed Tai'gan shipyards so that you can construct more warships."

"The Stellar Republic will gladly assist our Kabalu allies. We have many mineral rich worlds to call upon and shall give you the necessary resources in order to build your fleet," Admiral Turov also said.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 01:01:38 pm »
"Thak you. Now, I have brought these blueprints with me," Drukl said, holding out schematics for what looked like some sort of personal armor,"and you may wonder what it is supposed to do. Its intended purpose was an armor for xenobiologists. However, I believe that with a few modifications, it can make a valuable arsenal for our soldiers. Do you think we should add flamethrowers or stun guns?" he asked with a wink.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 01:03:52 pm »
Val'ones interrupted on that one.
"No disrespect intended, but I think we have superior skills in that area. If you would allow us to look over the blueprints, I am certain we could improve them." Valo'ones said.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2010, 01:11:50 pm »
"Because if it was cheaper you could make more of them, don't be foolish, those are your taxpayers credits you're wasting!" The diplomat yelled back.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »
"Certainly."
Drukl handed Va'lones the blueprints, then returned to his seat. He fired a transmission to the Engineering Corps back on Kuuruk.
//Listen, everyone, we've got a fleet to build, so find the nearest transport you can and get to the Tai'gan shipyards. I'll send you the coordinates now.//
Meanwhile, in a laboratory underneath Nirulimuka...
It was dark, and besides the sparks flying, nothing could be seen. A maniacal cackling rang throughout the bunker, accompanied by the sound of welding.
"Just you wait, your highness," a mysterious voice said. "This 'Nameless Empire' won't know what hit it once my invention is complete. Muaha, WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »
"Erh, If I may interject on your heated debate," One of the Ni'Calls representatives said slightly sarcastically. "I am speaking on behalf of Professor Sarelka Karlan Talsenreave."

"All the brute force in the world still has no chance of comparing to carefully planned out, cunning sapping operations."

"Consider this. You have a very large ship that is literally impenetrable. There is absolutely no way that you can blast your way in from the outside. However, try to think outside the box. We will assume that this ship is amere battleship not fielding advanced or experimental weaponry. Presumably, there is absolutely nothing stopping sufficient technological systems from transporting, say, an antimatter bomb, into the reactor, shield generator, or bridge... Or all of the former simultaneously. It takes very little antimatter to do very large amounts of damage. Consider what a careful target-and-transport bomb attack could do to even the largest or most powerful of battleships. Just a little food for thought." The representative sat down, and giving somewhat of a wind and a nod to Val'Ones.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:53 pm »
"You speak of the Talsenreave's Alpha Waves do you not?" Spoke Diplomat RaLLo. " Does this mean you've found a way to produce them without megalithic structures such as the T-Station?"

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 06:35:27 pm »
"Technically, no."

"However, range is a null point when concerning Talsenreave Station, you merely have to take into account the energy required for wave modulation and irradiation of the target object involved. You should technically be able to send several objects to different corners of the universe simultaneously, all from any given point in the usniverse. Say, four small bombs will be extremely quick to irradiate, and fairly simple to individually modulate to close-to-the-same frequencies. So, technically, you don't need smaller apparatus than the current station, as you theoretically never have to move it again after it's built."

"As a side note, it actually is possible to produce Alpha Waves on a smaller scale than Talsenreave Station, though the process requires an extremely high-energy nuclear explosion that would only be able to be created by means of an unrestrained meltdown of a battleship's reactor if it runs on antimatter. And then, there's only a comparatively small amount of particle/waves, and they're all spreading out in different direction. Not to mention the fact that the innumerable different values produced would send bits and pieces of a caught target to the far reaches of the universe; we'd have no idea of what went where, and be unable to get it all back together again in one piece."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:39:47 pm by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 07:15:08 pm »
"That sounds like a more potent weapon than simply porting bombs in. A few "suicide ships" hooked up that way could wipe out an entire fleet if close enough."

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »
"Question is, where are we going to get the said ships? We won't exactly be able to afford several vessels to be used as suicide vessels when the Nameless Empire arrives," Turov called out.