Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin  (Read 25693 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin
« on: August 28, 2010, 03:37:37 am »
And so it begins.

For the OOC thread, click here.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 03:38:19 am »
ACT I

The Dark Before the Storm

The ominously silent visage of a colossal tattered shadow blanketed the obsidian hallways as a spine-wrenching aura traveled across the passage. The vaguely skeletal figure marched along its path as several other shadows gradually followed course. Their nakedness wrapped in varying levels of fabric, their garments preyed upon the surrounding vestiges of light while paradoxically giving off their own sickening radiance. The cold embrace of nothingness further accented their dark persona as a vast stretch of ebony beckoned them from all four corners.

Not far beyond the converging mass of enigmas, a large monolithic frame can be seen floating amidst the void as its verse-form spasmodic linings irradiated the infinite hall with its own essence of clearly malevolent light. As if a vivid sense of mortality began to settle in, the group of shrouded phantoms briefly cringed in a reluctant display of fear as they carefully took their step across the massive threshold before them and into the blackness within.

"It is truly a very unfortunate occurrence, for all of us, here in this sacred hall...", a voice that was one of lament resounded across the dark chamber as the massive projection serving as the centerpiece of the room began to flicker to life. "... losing Lord Usuzimenheimer during his last known expedition to the vastly uncharted other side."

"He was pathetic to begin with!", a comparatively minuscule, yet surprisingly more powerful presence quickly spoke up. Opening his left hand, a massive burst of light suddenly flew out from of its obsidian palm, promptly condensing into a cloud of radiant lightning, which in turn solidified into a massive blade which crackled like a thousand thunders as its wielder swung it from his right and all the way to the other. "You don't need to be a genius to realize tha-"

"AHEM.", the first one quickly cut in as he took a stern look at anyone else who was planning on inserting another snide remark. Truth be told, the late elder was hardly ever the popular one. Still, having to accommodate a bunch of unruly children was not on Elder Gurukhenheimer's list of duties, having to deal with a dozen separate uprisings before being called in to officiate the current meeting, he was more than not willing to waste any time with another one of Zantetsunheimer's unbearably passionate arguments.

"As I was saying...", with a flick of his wrist, the vast image of the universe conveniently standing amidst them began to zoom down to a very small point, quite a distance away from the Nameless Empire's nearest charted holdings. With another flick of his wrist, the map zoomed even further, revealing a very distinct clump of relatively average galaxies. Or so they seemed to be, until a plethora of overlaid markers began to pop into view.

"Despite this great loss.", he motioned to one of the galaxies, revealing a very hazy projection which looked suspiciously like one of their kind. One that was currently in the process of directly being stabbed by a single, clearly  robotic entity. "There is, one, very valuable gift which the late chief of xenobiology has graciously delivered towards us.", Gurukhenheimer's eyes gained a sharper aura than usual, eying the seemingly insignificant challenger depicted in the violent image.

Dawn.

Or at least it would have been if the Vara Orealyianis was currently docked on the ground.

It has been several weeks since the latest galactic incident, and the colossal variable fortress was currently undergoing repairs as it lazily glided in a stable outer orbit around the city of Shudariadne. It has also been scheduled to promptly receive some much needed upgrading after the relatively short arms race that occurred during the recent conflicts.

The nation was finally enjoying a moment of much needed reprieve.

"Well, if it isn't Kiyavi!", a very familiar Orealyianis kindly waved at another, visibly younger one as both slowly approached each other and shared a quick salute in the middle of the massive hallway. "What brings you to the Vara Orealyianis captain, or should I say Admiral Kiyavi?"

"Just wanted to take a quick tour of the place during my short leave.", the other promptly smiled as the other answered in kind. "It has been quite a while since I last set foot in this hunk of meta-", he added, but not before his sights wandered to a nearby surveillance camera and an exceedingly cold shiver ran down his spine. "... err, in this very awesome ship. Please don't kill me..."

The other one can't help but chuckle at the young one's reaction. "Relax, I already told her not to do that anymore.", he told him reassuringly as he gently patted his shoulder while giving off a somewhat mischievous smile. "Just don't do it on the bridge.", he added with a clearly nervous smile.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:54:45 am »
Commander Val'ones was somewhat thrilled to get off leave. Currently, he and the task force accompanying him were out near the edge of the galaxy. In fact, technically, there weren't even in the galaxy anymore, having left the perimeter of the arm.
"Come on, stay there long enough to get a fix..." The sensor operator said, frustrated.
"What is it, Lieutennate?" Val'ones asked.
"Um....Ah....You'd need to see for yourself." He said, motioning him over. Val'ones slid over the rail, dropping into the lowered area where the bridge crews were.
"Man, I love being able to do that again!" He proclaimed, walking over to the troubled operator.
"So, what am I lookin' for here?" Val'ones said.
"The two good-sized energy signatures here. See em? They've been trailing us for a couple days now. The pair keeps alternatively phasing out, so neither of them is there long enough to get a fix on, so I have zilch info on what they are." The operator explained.
"Yeah, I see what you mean. Creepy. Mark em as potential hostiles, do nothing else unless I give the order." Val'ones said, walking up the stairs and back onto the walkway. He started staring out into space like he always did when there was nothing going on. His thoughts trailed off to the Zeront. Communication had been good at first, but then the whole empire went dark. Most thought it adopted an isolationist policy, but that fell apart when they contacted the GPA, looking to join the organisation. Val'ones hadn't seen much of the Zeront; most of the Photos/Zeront interaction took place during his predecessor's command. What an unlikely alliance, two races that were trying to kill each other ending up being in a close alliance. Val'ones' deep thought was interrupted by a rumble from his stomach.
"Well, better go get something to eat. Any of you guys hungry? I'll pick you guys up some grub in the mess hall." Val'ones said. Two of the operators on the bridge raised their hands. He grinned and started walking for the elevator.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:11:48 am »
The large form of Admiral Turov quietly watched the large fleet that was Task Force Alpha. The Stellar Republic's High Council had ordered them to begin exploring new regions of the galaxy that would otherwise take weeks or months for survey vessels to reach, but with the wormhole drive, just a short jump away. But before they could do that, the High Command ordered them to wait for more vessels that were going to join them from the Hell-An Empire.

The Hell-An Empire and the then Galdeen Coalition met about five Galieen years ago. The first contact was tense at first, but after a cultural data exchange, they got along quickly. Now, the Hell-An Empire was one of their greatest and most trusted allies and the Republic's High Command and the Empire's Military Council conducted a personnel exchange recently.

Turov's chain of thought was interrupted when a ensign ran up to him and saluted. He turned to the ensign and said, "At ease." The ensign broke the salute. "Report."

"Sir, sensors detect inbound hyperspace signatures numbering 55 vessels of varying sizes," The ensign reported.

"Must be the Hell-An ships we were waiting for. Anything else?"

"No sir."

"Then your dismissed, ensign," The ensign headed back to his station.

Fleet Commander Kem looked over the cavern of a bridge aboard the massive 2 kilometer long Titan-class vessel Tal'man's Pride. The Military Council back on the homeworld had ordered him to rendezvous with a large Galdeen fleet named Task Force Alpha under the command of the Galdeen admiral Turov. Comparing Galdeen and Hell-An ranks, Fleet Commander and Admiral was the same.

He then saw a small furry form run by his legs. He just got a split second glance at it as it entered a maintenance tunnel nearby. He remembered that they were a Republic race called Tilk, small warm blooded lemurs that were intensely interested with any kind of technology. They made very good engineers.

His train of thought was broken when the loud speakers declared they were leaving hyperspace and that a Galdeen fleet was detected. Once they identified themselves and Kem did the same, he ordered the fleet to take up formation with the Task Force. Once the fleet was fully prepared, The Galdeen Mark 3 Type 1 ship S.R.N.S Titan would open up a wormhole and they would proceed to explore the unknown reaches of the galaxy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:27:06 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:54:31 am »
In the outer regions of space, far from most “civilized” races the Core Combine was running like a well oiled machine. The most current events where the exploration of uncharted space and the current campaigns against many bordering empires they had encountered, having been emboldened by the galactic conflict where attention was shifted away from the Core, allowing them to move unsupervised.

Most of said campaigns were coming to a close, the Combine simply rounding up the last batches of potential slaves. In times like these the Core had a very short respite to plan out its next move…

Felron, War hall

It was that time again, another randomly decided meeting between the highest ranks in the Core Combine. The war hall meeting room was absolutely massive, yet somewhat empty, with a only a certain number Skrall floating on gravitic platforms in the air, or in battle armor on certain ledges at the side. (Think of the meeting room as like the Coruscant senate arena.) While there where quite a few living flesh and blood Skrall, many others where holograms to represent themselves, typically the only Skrall who actually attended a meeting themselves where the ones who happen to find themselves close to Felron and could come without going out of their way. There was nothing wrong with this, it all depended on preference.

Actual seating location depended on rank, with the warlords, sub-commander and other related positions lower, High Warlords and their ilk located in the middle, and on the top was a simple ledge where the Supreme Commander, the Overlord appointed dictator of the Core, watched the exchange, ready to intervene in their name.

Scourge of course had long arrived at the War hall before anyone, as Supreme Commander Felron was usually where he was stationed. However he was listening with only 2% of his actual attention span as his cybernetic brain was occupied with some troubling news from the Overlords

meanwhile, down below…

If Scourge was listening with only two percent of his attention span then High warlord Ragaran was only listening with one. He could sense the feeling of unease on the Supreme Commanders mind, and if the Supreme Commander was troubled than that meant that Overlords where troubled, and if they were troubled then it could only mean…

“High Warlord Ragaran, the conquest of the Zerk, Naraksha, and Zer’Got’Aram, civilizations are near completion, the last of their populations are being shipped towards the nearest bio-factories.”

Ragaran snapped out of his trance as he was addressed. “Very good” He replied, but with little enthusiasm, not that any non Skrall would be able to really tell, and even they had a hard time figuring out whether Ragaran was angered or pleased, the Skralls state of mind tended to be hard to read.

“Currently, we have been planning conquest towards these sectors of near our borders; there appears to be a large number of exploitable resources there.” Another Skrall chimed in, a large hologram appearing at the center of the war hall displaying the galaxy, several newly enslaved species, and other points of data that had some form of relevance.

“There is also this newly arisen “Space Union” that has been expanding near DH56 and E12 quadrants, I believe a major conquest could be made towards these sectors and many slaves and resources can be taken and put to Combine use to fuel nearby conquest.” Yet another Skrall said.

“No.” A voice from above suddenly said, causing every Skrall, hologram or no to turn to the Supreme Commander, who had been silent during the meeting. “The Overlords have given us direct order to postpone all major offensives into the inner rims.”

“What?! It has been a very long time since the First Contact War Supreme Commander, Felron is repaired and even improved! I am shure we have the-“

“You know better than to question the Supreme Commanders judgment.” Ragaran bluntly stated. “The other races were busy butchering one another during the galactic conflict but now those flames are dying down and we will no longer be able to use the smoke as cover.”

“I have no doubt in our ability to easily conquer any of the vermin in the inner quadrants.” Scourge stated pridefully. “The new devastator class gravictic bombs have been a huge success.” He continued as a hologram of a planets surface being torn apart by powerful gravity forces created by the aforementioned weapons played on. “Our technology improves just like the others, and unlike them we have given ourselves time to prepare but nevertheless the Overlords orders are clear.”

“Have you received any information on why they have requested this delay?” Ragaran questioned, just as curious as everyone else as to why the Overlords where being so cautious now.

“Only snippets High Warlord.” Scourge paused for a moment before finishing. “I believe they see a powerful storm coming…. and we must prepare ourselves…”
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:59:41 am by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:16:19 pm »
Deep within a star cluster lay Kuuruk, a lonely planet. However, recent events had made the nation of Kabalu a part of the Space Union. Now, as the war to unify the planet continued, other issues needed to be dealt with. Sent to represent Kabalu was the Commanding General of the Army of Kabalu, Drukl Ta'rmalths III. He and his crew stewarded the mighty K.B.S. Lone Gazer, the flagship of Kabalu's small stellar navy. It was the most powerful ship that Kuuruk, and indeed, perhaps the entirety of Cluster 4173, had ever seen. Inside, there was also a small contigent from Baluvar, sent by their president, Dorum Falthus. President Dorum opposed the war with Kabalu, especially since the current king was his half-brother. Dorum was the son of the previous king and an unknown concubine, whereas his younger brother, Irbili, was the son of Narakkuka's main wife. As such, the crown passed to the second son.

On the bridge...
"Status report?"
"Yes, General. The communications system is online!"
"Good. Contact the following parties: The Tal'man's Pride, Shudariadne, and FLRX."
"Right away, sir!"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 06:49:33 am by Dr.Octagonapus »
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:26:37 pm »
Meanwhile, in an undisclosed system in the inner-rim...

"I am reydasjk-readls-readly...{READY}" The mangled voice of COEAD said firmly to the group gathered before its System Display Monitor aboard Emancipator. "I will not fail you like my predecessors. I can do this."

He was currently in an argument with several leaders of the Technology Union on his fitness to perform his first primary Higher Function Test, which was to command a contingent led by the Emancipator to fight a simulated war with a group of Bino warships. Not a very balanced battle, but a special objective was given: Protect all parties involved, and attempt to capture valuable information and property from the planet below. It would take very smooth thinking to keep the amount of death to an absolute zero.

"A spsdhjekach-Chpeech-{SPEECH} Impairment is not a handicap when coordination is going on primary on the subconscious laoval---Level."

"We know that, COEAD. We are merely concerned that the glitch may be penetrating deeper into your systems that it first seems." The leader of the small group said, after consulting with the group. "We DO hope you can succeed in this mission, because it will mean that you will help accomplish a very important thing in the history of war: Win a battle without a drop of blood spilled on either side."

"I--I can." He stuttered, though through his somewhat debilitating speech degradation, he remained as confident and plucky as ever.

And would you really want to backtalk a computer who's in charge of a probable several thousand teratons of firepower that could possibly be pointed at you?

"Okay. Everyone call in." The delegate said to a console situated near him." A Chorus of "readies" was called in through the entire field, signifying the game was about to begin.

A flare was fired, the game started.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:28:21 pm »
"Haven't tried one of these in quite a while...", Kiyavi couldn't help but remember his last time on the Vara Orealyinis' food court as he bit down on the long piece of bread he was currently enjoying with his much older companion. "Choro Deidalus sure make the best bread in the galaxy!", he added rather cheerfully before noticing the other orealyianis promptly let out a very weak sigh as he stared blankly across the expansive and hectic hall.

"Hey, gramps, why the long face?", Kiyavi asked him with a very concerned look.

Reacting rather quickly, he was pulled out of his trance by the young one's question. "Thinking...", he murmured in reply, "... about him."

"Him?"

Shifting his eye back to Kiyavi, the old orealyianis sighed yet again. "Your granduncle, I mean."

Realizing what he meant, the young orealyianis reacted accordingly, solemnly bowing down his head before slowly speaking up again.

"I'm sure he's doing well. He probably has his reasons.", he said reassuringly. "At least, that's what the Nine Star Admiral Shanara Kazamadariya that I know of would say.", he appended with a smile as he thoughtfully stared back at the older orealyianis.

"You're right."

Darkness defined the small cylindrical hall as the soft rays of the nearby moons illuminated the chamber as they passed through the stained glass windows of what seemed to be a small, long abandoned temple. As the light struck the opposite end of the wall, several cloaked forms can be easily made out as they stood quite steadily amidst the multitude ceramic pillars which grew out of the bottomless waters below. Upon closer inspection, the individual figures contained very distinct forms which easily told them apart from their equally enigmatic companions.

"Exactly...", one of them said in a vaguely mechanical tone, motioning his rather thin, and vaguely feathery hand as it moved from left to right.

"I see.", another quickly responded, artistically clenching its talon-like fist while taking a slight nod. "That leaves us with a smaller body of suspects."

There was a very weak noise as the figure beside the latter promptly lifted off the ground, aided by the pair of machines which shot off of the small being's back. "Still...", it rather stated worryingly. "For us to cover so much..."

"And at such little time...", the first one added rather reluctantly as its own pair of mechanical wings began to light up slightly as its other pair of, clearly natural wings curled up in seeming resentment.

"EVERYONE."

The collection of unknowns quickly faced the hooded figure which gave out the call. "We have to believe in ourselves.", it raised its arms to reveal a pair of tightly clenched nippers, "Or at the very least, believe in him."

A very obvious chuckle came from the second figure as its beak protruded from its somewhat small hood and revealed an honest smile. "He is correct.", he calmly said to no one in particular, "We can do this. We always have."

"Thank you.", the last one replied in gratitude. "In any case...", it said as it looked towards yet another hooded entity standing silently behind everyone. "How are things on your end..."

"Mister Hiraoto?"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:11:36 am by Yuu »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:13:09 pm »
As Fleet Commander Kem watched his fleet get into formation with the Galdeen fleet, a scorpion fitted for messager duties skittered up to him and waited for the Commander to acknowledge it's presence, which was immediately.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Sub space communication incoming, master Fleet Commander. Caller identified themselves as the K.B.S. Lone Gazer. Data given to you from the Stellar Republic identifies these creatures as Pentekonterus which hail from a world known as Kuuruk." The scorpion responded in a robotic voice. No one was sure why the scorpions called them their masters, they just did.

"Alright then, hail them." The scorpion emitted several beeps, then a 2-D hologram appeared above the scorpion's head, showing the connection was open and the receiver has yet to begin video contact. "This is Fleet Commander Kem of the Hell-An War Vessel Tal'man's Pride. To whom am I speaking to?"
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 09:22:40 am »
Patching in to the feed via FLRX's diplomatic filters the recently promoted Fleet Admiral was all mouth. //Ey! Wassup cool kats, you just got feedjacked by the leetest fleet admiral their ever was! Syke! But back to the dip, you guys need escorts to the big galatic sock hop on Olosis? It's in SPA territory so expect some trippy digs.//

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »
Drukl responded,
//I am Drukl Ta'rmalths III, Commanding General of the Army of Kabalu. We would indeed like directions to Olosis. But there is another matter I called to discuss. It seems that news of the Tri-Wexxian Empire's announcement has even reached Baluvar. The people of Kuuruk are in an uproar, but it has given us the opening we need to hit Nirbalu hard. All is going as it should be.//
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 03:53:26 pm »
"Rockin brother I thought we put those player-haters down three years ago back in that "crisis" aw well we can always go smack 'em up a bit later, eh? But back to the barby, I'm patching you into the Fleet coms. Just sit back, sip some blue and lay back for the riiide."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:50:41 pm by Lush City »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 05:00:07 pm »
Val'ones nearly dropped the three trays of food he was carrying when the elevator to the bridge lurched vertically. When it came to a stop and the proximity-sensor-controlled doors slid open, he regained his composure and walked out into the bridge area, down into the crew area to distribute the two trays that were requested by the two bridge crewmembers. Protocols said that they were to be let off duty and replaced long enough to eat and get back, but Val'ones figured that there wasn't much harm in letting them eat where they were if they wanted. And even if someone did feel lucky and want to give him a citation on it, so what? He was the Commander General, the odds of some sucker being stupid or ballsy enough to even attempt it was low. If they did, unlikely it would be approved. Enough soldiers liked him for the message to have an "accident" during processing. He took his usual place on the catwalk and sat down in the Captain's Chair, extending the folding table attachment. He sat the tray down and picked up the sandwich with one hand, and brought up the Starmap with the other, taking a decent bite out of one corner of the sandwich. The locations of every Photos colony was highlighted on this map, as well as the location of Photise. Their current location was also marked. It still amazed him how farspread the empire was, having colonies in every arm of the galaxy, and the arm their homeworld was in was practically owned by the Photos there were so many colonies. Well, that's what happens when you're as old as we are, and have the technology we do, he concluded. He sipped his drink, looking out across the black, open space, dotted with distant galaxies. He sighed.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 06:30:42 pm »
Felron: Unknown Location

Scourge had retired from the meeting; frankly his presence was hardly even required there now, so he opted to enter Felrons deepest levels, his and some of the highest of the Skralls “Private quarters” so to speak. Inside the simple circular room the Supreme Commanders battle armor was connected to countless systems, allowing him to monitor the Core’s status at a level only a supercomputer was capable of. It was something he sometimes did out of boredom.

“Interesting” He idly commented as a robed soldier creature of the Core appeared behind him, as far as Scourge was concerned there was only one type of soldier who wore that type of get up.

"When was the last time the Overlords mobilized the Wraiths?" The Supreme Commander barely even turned his head.

"Irrelevant" the soldier replied neutrally

"As much as I despise those automatons like any vermin, they are right not to completely ignore the Tri-Wexxians warnings… if not for paranoia’s sake."

"We will not be fighting on the frontlines should the situation prove true. If the events stated truly do come to pass… our targets will be far more specific."

Scourge simply gave a short nod before the soldier disappeared. Having the Wraiths mobilized obviously meant that the situation was truly dire; it may be soon be time to mobilize the Core’s countless fleets for war…
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 09:02:33 am »
A new voice entered the channel between Kem and Drukl.

//This is Fleet Admiral Turov of Task Force Alpha, we just received orders to head to Olosis also. If you want, I can send a Mark 3 to pick you up if you want to travel with us.//