Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin  (Read 26549 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:42 pm »
Drukl, who seemed to be coming to his senses after realizing that the prophecy wasn't coming true simply remarked,
"You two certainly seem serious."
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:45 pm »
Garezz made his way to the meeting room. Verys; his First Knight followed closely. The air in the corridor was tense. Today’s meeting was the result of years of political maneuvering of the Orealyian Monarchy.

It had been five years since they lost contact with Meridian. The day that Void was attacked, a traitor was revealed in their midst… a man who had handed the Wexxian capital to the Nameless, by giving them the 47’Th RRF’s identification codes; allowing the Dark Ones to bypass Voids outer defenses.

Furiosus. One of the Knights of Vengeance... one of their trusted commanders. Betrayed them!

When he was discovered, he fired his destroyer’s TOW Cannons at the city of Hatia, where a peaceful demonstration against the annexing of the planet by the Knights was underway. Many thousands died when the barrage hit the city from orbit.

In the ensuing chaos, Furiosus escaped to hyperspace and had ever since evaded capture.

The fires died down and the city was rebuilt, but the trust of the Hatians was lost. No amount of reasoning could make them forget that a Wexxian ship was responsible for the deaths of so many civilians.

After the Rebuilding, the Knights relocated to the Orealyian territory. Taking refuge in another nation was not standard protocol, but these where dire times…

Five years of not knowing what was happening outside Origin. Uncertainties gnawing at them like worms. The Wexxian Empire could have fallen by now, for all they knew… but they had to believe!

The door to the great conference hall slid open and Garezz En Razza; Head of the Soahc Razza Clan, Captain of the Lord of the Infinite and Commander of the 47’th Imperial Rapid Response Fleet; ‘The Knights of Vengeance’ , walked into the auditorium.

“Greetings everyone,

For presenting yourselves here, I give you my thanks.

If you have questions before we start, I shall endeavor to answer as good as I can.”

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »
"About time you got here!" Scourge said as he turned to view Garezz "I was beginning to think this would be a waste of time." With that out of his systems he began to calm down, letting the more logical and strategic side of his brain take over.

"Our primary issue right now is a lack of data. I believe we should start by hearing exactly what where up against, from beings that have experience fighting the Nameless."
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 05:34:04 pm »
"Greetings, Wexxian," Kem said to Garezz. "You honor us with your presence. But the Skrall is right, we require answers. I'll shall ask first, will any of our fleets and armies have a chance against "Them" when they arrive to our galaxy?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »
"I doubt so, stated Opsomis," With so much of our military still in disarray, and the advanced tech they have, the only way we could survive would be to form a temporary  common military, one that could stand up to this threat with the strength of trillions."

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:11 pm »
"I didn't mean ours as in the Hell-An Empire's, Nymeidian! I meant ours as in the galaxy's combined military forces!" Kem yelled at Opsomis.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »
"Than we must, or perish." he said grimly.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 06:12:46 pm »
“Hah, you will forgive me for being late. I’m an old Soahc, the legs aren’t as fast as they used to be.” The old Soahc growled with a slight smile.

“Anyhow, my age does come with experience. I’ve been in over 549 official skirmishes with Nameless slave fleets in Meridian.

As the 47’th RRF originally where a Meridian defense fleet, I have never myself been in combat with True Nameless, only their slaves. My Knight Verys here however was part of the third Advance Attack Fleet until seven years ago and knows their tactics well.

Let me make one thing very clear.

We not only CAN win… we WILL WIN!

This is your instructions to for combatting Nameless:

True Nameless Vessels are to be left to the Knights and the Orealyians. Hopefully there will be none, or few of those… but in any case. Their level in power and technology is too great to take on for most of you.

The Slave Fleets are the bulk of the enemy’s forces. They are powerful and they are many, but if you work together you can take them. Just don’t underestimate them. They are resourceful, cunning, adaptable and unpredictable.

If you see a Luminary Assault Carrier. Then run the hell away! As we are now it would take all of our efforts to take down a single one… and that is not counting the support units!

If one appears, then we will modify our tactics accordingly and find a way to take it out. “

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:27 pm »
Val'ones stood.
"With all due respect, wise one, I was thinking that we Photos could meet the Nameless slave fleets head on with the combined might of every ship we have, which I assure you numbers in at least the millions. Plus the Hyvez, plus Project Endgame, as spearhead assault ships. As one of the, if not THE, most militaristically powerful empire in the galaxy, I would wager we have the highest odds of being able to sucessfully draw their slave fleets. That leaves the True ships as your prey. While yes, this idea may result in a high casualty rate for us, if that's what it takes to bring down the nameless, so be it. And the more of us that can focus on their True ships, the better. Again, this is up to the leading generals, but I highly reccomend letting us take the brunt of the beating from the slaves." Val'ones said.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »
"I agree with the previously stated idea" with the Monarchy and the Knights able to focused on the Luminaries" the combined GPA Fleets should be able to take out the slaves?" He stood up and tok a drink? "Are we in agreement? Ayes and Nays."

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010, 09:07:54 pm »
Admiral Turov thought about what the Soahc said. "This will require the use of our new Doomsday-class near-light impactors. I doubt it will defeat their slave fleet's larger vessels, but their smaller ones will likely be more vulnerable."

"Also, we can't really plan a defense or even offensive strategies if we don't know where they will come from. They could come the galactic North, South, East, or West of the galaxy or even come down from the top of the galaxy. We just don't know. I could order one of our Mark 3s to place observation probes around the galaxy, but they may have some sort of cloak that will hide their fleets from the probe's sensors."

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 11:08:03 pm »
"The best we can do is put all nations on watch; prepare our men, garrison our planets and wait for the worst."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »
"As much as it pains me to say it... He is correct.", Zaelious quickly added with a pinch of frustration. He, like Sekira and Salisarius, had kept to themselves all this time while everyone went about debating each other concerning their respective merits. After sensing that it was time for him to stand up, he rose from his place and began to speak. "As of now, we have data from the SU, GPA, the 47'th, USSS, and several members of the LU, among other galactic bodies, regarding their current combat readiness in relation to a Nameless Invasion. So far, any confirmations of a Nameless sighting have yet to be reported by reconnaissance units currently patrolling the galaxy's outer perimeter..."

"However...", he raised his hand in emphasis of his coming statement. "If what our data suggests is correct, we can infer that these creatures exist in a scale of time far greater than that of most of our own. Perhaps our kind Graidient representative would be most successful in relating to such a predicament, if such is even possible."

"Their" forces could attack in the next decade, the next century, even the next millennium!", he gravely pointed out while turning his raised hand into a fist right after his latest statement. "Alternatively, they can more than easily attack today...", he added rather ominously as he slowly lowered his hand.

As the voice of countless peoples echoed across the hall, the night carried on as representatives of every kind brought out their respective matters. All was quite smooth, barring Scourge's unlikely interruption. Discussions seemed to be going well as the subject shifted from the sudden arrival and back to what was originally planned.

That is, until...

*BOOM*

A stream of blinding light drowned the entire chamber as a massive explosion rang across everyone's ears. The representatives' collective attention suddenly turned to face the now gaping hole which formerly served as the chamber's right atrium. Instantly, the room erupted into a fit of utter chaos as less combat-oriented representatives quickly scrambled for cover amidst the cloud of dust which swiftly spread across the seats.

Getting up after a not-so-well executed fall, Sekira scanned his surroundings as he called out to the attending Centurion. "Opsomnis!", he yelled across the room amidst the crowd of people now shuffling to the nearest exit.

Outside, the atomna in attendance quickly swiveled to his right as he scrambled to identify the source of the sudden attack. His eyes widened vividly after seeing the increasingly ominous sight floating in Olosis' orbit.

"Yes?", Shanara answered his communicator.

Kiyavi stared inquisitively at first, and the worringly at the old orealyianis as the latter's face slowly turned sour.

"What is it?", Kiyavi asked his grandfather before seeing him whisper several words into the communicator and promptly putting it down.

"There was an attack.", Shanara plainly stated to the other. "Olosis is-"

However, just as he was about to finish, a massive announcement flashed across the Vara's many screens. Displayed on the screens was live footage coming straight from Olosis.

Silesa City was completely drenched in flames, the sky above it lit with a thousand lights from the constant crossfire between the attending parties and a swarm of violent intruders.

A swarm of violent, Orealyianis intruders.

"PATCH ME TO INTEL, NOW!", Shanara yelled across his communicator while eying the video feeds around him.

Before Kiyavi could properly react, his communicator also began to ring, only to hear of a similar case unfolding back at his current post.

Elsewhere in the galaxy, similar swarms of seemingly GPA-operated vessels began attacking politically vital areas all across civilized space.

As the dust slowly cleared, Sekira's eye widened in utter confusion at the shocking presence floating in the sky above him.

What in the world?!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:28:05 am by Yuu »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »
"Why in the name of Galieen is the GPA attacking?!" Captain Cregly yelled. The bridge of the S.R.N.S. Titan was in a state of confusing as the supposedly friendly Orealyianis ships started attacking every other ship within 1.5 light seconds of Olosis.

"We don't know, captain! They just started firing on us for no reason!" A crew member yelled over the din.

"Curses to the ancient enemy of old! Bring particle cannons and plasma weaponry online! Begin charge up of the main cannon! Tell the fleet to initiate defensive formation alpha three!"

The robotic voice of the Titan's AI then spoke. "Roger. Particle and plasma weapons online. Charging spinal magnetic accelerator cannon. Charge at 14% and rising. Defensive railguns and laser projectors are online and firing at Galactic Protection Agency starships that is now identified as enemy vessels."

The sky around Task Force Alpha lit up as lasers and railguns defenses fired upon the attacking GPA ships. Slowly, the Task Force repositioned themselves so that their larger ships were in groups of four with several smaller ships defending them. Fighters and gunships flew in between the massive vessels, fighters attacking the smaller enemy craft while the gunships attacked the larger ones.

Crimson and blue-ish-white beams lashed out of the capital ships, hitting yet more ships that were moving at attack speed toward the Task Force.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2010, 05:53:58 am »
As representatives of other species panicked Scourge, as was fitting of a Skrall, did not panic at the surprise of sudden attack, he would, perhaps, be somewhat surprised by the perpetrators though.

“Report!” He yelled into his battle suits com, connecting with the contingent of soldiers he left in the hangar.

“Hostile targets have identified themselves!” The soldier replied the sound of gunfire and explosions could be heard over his voice. “There Orealyianis, and GPA ships appear to be attacking the planet!”

“What!? Confirm that soldier!”

“Yes Supreme Commander.” Scourge began to receive a video feed from the soldier's cybernetic eyes and indeed he was not malfunctioning.

“Tell the warlord I left in charge to bring in the battle fleet, I’ll be up there shortly!”

Above Olosis, space began to warp as a large Core battle fleet emerged out of anomaly, weapons primed and obviously looking for blood, any blood. Data ran through the hive network as Skrall made last minute preparation to unleash hell.

“Enemy ships sighted!”

“Combine Fleet in battle formation!”

“All weapons systems locked and primed!”

“All systems online! ALL BATTERIES OPEN FIRE!”

The blast could be heard all over as the battle fleet unleashed barrage after barrage of their weapons. Gravitic rail guns whirred and blasted, clouds of gravity missiles streaked leaving blue trails as they hunted their targets, swarms of graviton bolts blasted anything that got within range. Core fighters, bombers, and mech armor spilled out of their carriers, making their way across the dark void to harass enemy ships. The massive Core dreadnaught loomed in its own defensive nest, unleashing its own barrage every now and again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:15:15 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.