Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin  (Read 25591 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2010, 06:46:14 am »
"Ironshaper, lost. Unforgiving, lost. Tal'kon's Might, lost. Dauntless..." The AI said as it began calling out the names of every destroyed ship, all eleven of them. Turov grimaced at that. How much could this thing take? He thought. "Keep firing at it's core! Don't let up!" He yelled through the fleet-wide comm.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2010, 11:20:29 am »
BLOOOM!

“SEJIIN DAMMIT, WHERE IS OUR BACK-UP!”

Screamed the general, a stray shot of moon-rock had depressurized the cabin and they crewmen were slowly dying off. The only people fly in the main bridge were the comms officers and the dyeing young intern.

“Ugh. *slurgle* the comms got shot, no extrastellar contact is possible.’

“Sejin damn it all to hell!” The captain swore letting the intern die in his seedpods.

‘Those accursed rocks are-wait, that’s it1’

“Comms station officer RaLLyotheP, I’ll give four capitals if you can follow my orders!”

“Sir Yes sir!”

“Open a broadcast to all physical handles it’s time I give an idea.’

With the comms up he told his speech...

“now listen up maggots and general’s this is a tough time, the planet just got ****  halfway to hell and now we got the top brass of half the civilized galaxy in the middle of a fight between a giant robot and a fallen angel.” He paused at the incredibility.

“But I have an idea. Right now the debris from the moon are slowly being pulled into Os’ gravity in larger and larger chunks, we have also been launching our collative energy based WMDs at him with no affect.’

“this is a being of energy, and as the battle below, shows only physical stack seem to work, thus the obvious solution!.”

“By redirecting the power from our megalasers into our ships' various tractorbeams, we can form a multi pronged kinetic strike, and if my calculus is right, between the lot of us, we can accelerate of those moon chunks to nig-relativistic speeds.”

He let the computer point out the right moon chunk.

“Problem is the strike will wipe out the city, with everyone in it. We’ll have to wait until the evacuees are out, and the citizens flee before we can press the big button, we may have lost this battle but we can still make those sons of bitches bleed.”

Rallying tot the damaged floor, he stated,

‘NOW DO WE SHAVE AN AGREEMNERT?!”
The result was unanimous.

The Warp Bunker, set up for all the SPA member nations as a gift from DEXTA, Os’ relative neutrality caused them to only contract one, in their capital of Silesia , however that bunker know held the last couple million members of the Os race, as well as three unknown guests.

Radiating through warp space at a ratio of .00009654281:1 the bunker secreted an air of virtual intangibly, allowing the investments there to hold out through literally anything as long as the supplies lasted. Of course with such overuse those supplies would last no more than a month.

In the area of the bunker right above the main area, where the wraiths dragged Opsomnis sin his slowly restoring was constantly healing; slowly counting the down the time until he could raise up and cut down those Combine who had taken so much for  him.

96 hours and 45 minuets... 96 hours and 48 minuets…

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2010, 11:17:22 pm »
Three small lights shot across silent space as a trio of variable armors, all of Luzonian make, slowly came to view. While they all bore a single form, each carried a different being representing their respective nations: Sekira of the Orealyianis, Salisarius of the Choro Deidalus, and Zaelious of the Luzonians.

"This is harder than I expected.", Sekira remarked after taking a shot at the armor's manual controls.

"You'll get used to it.", answered Zaelious as he spoke through the comms line.

As the trio of crafts reached the relative safety of a nearby allied fleet, they quickly unloaded their weapons while preparing to dodge away at the slightest sign of the enemy's retaliation.

"Salisarius, how's that call going?", Sekira asked the Choro while keeping his eye on the enemy.

There was no response, however, only the sound of hastened breath...

"Salisarius?", he asked him again, wondering what was wrong.

"I can't...", the Choro answered back with a preoccupied tone of voice. "I can't seem to contact TIER. Or call for back-up from even a single SABER for that matter."

"What?", Sekira reflexively stopped firing after hearing the Choro say this.

"They seem to be receiving countless similar reports.", Salisarius stopped for a moment to give the statement some time to completely sink in. "All across the galaxy."

"You can't mean..."

"Yes.", the Choro responded reluctantly. "The Atomna have-"

"-betrayed us, en masse!"

Shanara couldn't believe it.

But he had to.

The skeptics were, actually right..., the prince thought to himself, a seemingly mortal blow dealt to his trembling conscience.

There was nothing he could do about it, unfortunately, as reports of malevolent, program-capable Atomna continued to flood the military's central intelligence.

There have also been reports of strange happenings on Verog, the Atomna's enigmatic planet, before the units that were observing it began to lose their signal.

"So, this is what they really wanted from the beginning.", the Nine Star Admiral swiftly snapped his nippers as his eyes scanned the bridge that was littered with myriad distress calls from all across the galaxy. "We're left with no other choice..."

"CONTACT HIS MAJESTY!"

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2010, 04:01:29 pm »
Photise; High Command; High Council's Chambers
"Given the circumstances, I don't see much of a choice here." Said Councilman Jas'nier. The others nodded.
"Very well, Ry'olis. Preceed with the plan you outlined to us." He continued.
"Understood, Councilman. We shall have the bomb built soon." Ry'olis said.
'Well, I'm in charge for the second time this year. Val'ones, old boy, what have you gotten yourself into this time?' Ry'olis thought.
The plan Ry'olis had outlined was the construction of a massive antimatter bomb that could be used to utterly annhilate a Luminary Assault Carrier. And if the Them opened a wormhole to their homeworld, just drop one in there too. Hopefully they could build more than one of the things. They had been getting alerts from all across the galaxy. Things were going to hell fast.

ASSAULT NODE
"So...the elders should be coming...what now?" Val'ones asked. Lakis pulled a galaxy map up on the interface, zooming down to a single system.
"This system should prove to be an optimal staging ground for our attack. I want you to take a force there and claim it." Lakis told him.
"Are you sure that's smart? That's a relatively well defended Photos colony. An attack there could draw unwanted attention and a premature defeat if things go badly." Val'ones asked.
"It's a gamble that's well worth taking. Now head down to the armoury and get fit up: I want you there by the end of the hour." Lakis ordered. Val'ones headed off towards the armoury. He got there and switched into some Nameless powered armour, which he had to admit, was much more flexible than the Photos variety, and probably provided much better protection. He then made his way to the dock and borded a command vessel, taking a small fleet with him; they opened a wormhole and emerged in the system mentioned earlier. They proceeded to open fire.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
Verys instinctively reached for the dark orb hurling at him with his left claw.

With a resounding crack of thunder. The Dark energy collided with his burning fist and everything went white for a microsecond. The sky was broken once again.

Pain… incredible pain…

His shields where screaming in agony and whatever remained of his left hand were rapidly corroding.

Malevolent Weaponry? Tech-4!’

Verys riped off the remains of the arm before the corroding could spread to his central systems.

‘Then try this!’

Verys faced against the Atomna plummeting towards him. He focused all his energy… and released it!

The front of his chassis burst open in the middle as he unleashed a burst of his Zero-Point Energy directly from his power core.

Great golden arcs of energy spiraled out of the Wexxian Knight's chest from the hole in Subspace that powered him. The celestial power roared in the high atmosphere as it arched towards the Atomna.

One again taming the violent gate to hell in his hearth. Verys hurled himself at the Enemy with all his might.

Pain, anger, fear and doubt, circled inside his mind. One more attack like that and he would be finished. Crumbling dust in the wind… But a voice in the deepest parts of his programing kept solemnly reminding him.

Believe!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2010, 04:56:40 am »
A brief, yet tumultuous wave of incorporeal power echoed across the skies as sensors all about were wrought with fervent intensity from the sudden deafening outburst which sprang from the cosmic lance that was the valiant hero's strike.

With the power of a thousand suns, the manifestation of burning soul met with an equally imposing force as the malevolent phantom's heart came under a seemingly impregnable ward of protection. The actinic veil of brightness fell to an ecstatic, and otherwordly chorus as the daemonic wall of fortitude trembled in sheer magnanimity of the warrior's radiant spirit.

The thunderous song of a thousand, thousand worlds, united and burning in zeal, rang through mortal and non-mortal ears alike as the prismatic beam of energy ultimately pierced, and conquered the fallen creature's armor, dealing a just and majestic blow to the corrupted being's essence.

As the creature's shattered form incessantly clung to battle, its spiraling, drill-like stance connected with resounding force as its currently tattered state met with an outstanding plethora of corporeal and aethereal powers alike.

The weakening manifestation's lone remaining eye anchored itself instantly to the frame of its greatest adversary, a startling revelation evident in the maelstrom of emotions reflected in the faultless mirror of its visibly fading soul.

Anger, fear, guilt...

Despair.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2010, 08:03:46 pm »
A squadron of bombers was launched by the last few Photos ships that hadn't pulled back yet. They came down on the Atomna unexpectedly.
"Wexxian, you shall not face this abomination alone! Keep his focus while we bust his armour open with a few antimatter torpedos, that should give you enough opening to land the killing blow." The leader said over the comms channel. The squadron pelted the Atomna with the anti-ship torpedos. They didn't do an overall impressive amount of damage, but they made the growing crack that much larger. Now it was just a matter of getting the antimatter to strike their target.

ARKENESE SYSTEM
The Photos fleet dropped out of warp soon after receiving the distress signal from the system. They were met with a sizable Nameless fleet, presumably a slave fleet.
"All ships, engage the Nameless! Not another colony is to fall to their attacks!" Ry'olis ordered. The Photos dreadnoughts opened fire on the slave fleets, golden bolts of antimatter hitting precisely and hard. Smaller ships were destroyed in seconds.
"No time was wasted in responding, I see." Came a familiar voice over the intercom.
"Well, well, if it isn't the Nameless' newest lackey. I expected much better of you, Val'ones." Ry'olis said.
"Please, save it. I'm not much in the mood for such an earful."
"Mmm. Than I'll be quick. When I beat your sorry ass back, you tell whoever is in charge of you now that so long as The Photos Empire is around, the Nameless are going to have to fight inch by bloody inch for this galaxy!" Ry'olis said, cutting the channel. He turned to the tactical officer.
"Prepare all ground units for immediate drop, we're going to secure that colony." Ry'olis said, and within a few minutes, units had been dropped onto the surface of Arkenese I.

ARKENESE I: COLONY I-V20001-B
"They're coming in hard!" Screamed the Field Commander in charge of the colony's defense. The soldiers were huddled in the colony's central plaza, the statues that had decorated the area on the ground and positioned as cover. The civilians were relatively safe inside a dropped bunker in the center, and there were four Autocannon turrets lighting up the entrances to the area. Still, the attackers were pressing them hard, and the Photos infantry were doing all they could to hold them back. An ABU mounted with a pair of Heavy Autocannons were taking out the harder targets, and another with a pair of Heavy Lances was taking out the heavier infantry and squads of lighter infantry. A few units made it close; big mistake. A third ABU was right on top of them with a pair of good ol' arms. It grabbed one of them, crushing the hapless Nameless slave to death in it's cold, metallic hands. It then proceeded to hurl the body into it's former squadmates with such velocity it broke bones. It was not a pretty battlefield.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2010, 09:02:32 pm »
Olosis Orbit

Gunship Squadron Omega III

In all the chaos of the space battle that raged above the shattered world of Olosis, the gunship squadron leader of Squadron Omega III noticed on how the Photos were aiming for a crack in the Atomna's core. Signaling his squadron, they dived toward the Atomna, Hell-An made electro magnetic (EM) cannons blazing.

Luckily the squadron had a anti-battleship loadout, meaning a large number of high-yield fusion missiles, the most powerful railguns and plasma cannons that could be mounted. They fired all of their remaining missiles, railgun ammo, and plasma cannon energy into the crack or at least next to it. All they managed to do though was further widening the crack, but that was enough for starship-grade weaponry to get in.

"All allied ships, this is Omega III gunship squadron leader of the Stellar Republic's Interstellar Navy! The Atomna has a large crack in it's core, fire everything into it!"

S.R.N.S Titan

Turov noted what the gunship leader said and brought up it up on a nearby viewscreen. What he said was indeed true, there was a relatively wide crack in the Atomna's core.

"Tell the fleet to bring all weapons to bear on that crack. Tell the remianing Photos' ships to do the same and let all fightercraft and the Wexxian to get away from it." Turov ordered.

"Acknowledged, bringing primary weapons to bear," The AI reported. "Fleet reports they are reorienting... All allied fightercraft are moving away from target Nameless 1. Reorientation finished. Firing in 3... 2... 1... Firing."

Task Force Alpha fired every weapon they could being to bear, fusion and nuclear missiles, plasma bolts, plasma torpedoes, railgun spikes, ion beams, EM beams, shock bolts, gauss cannons, laser beams, even a few impactors from the Mark 3 MACs. All aimed at the chink in the Atomna's armor, all hoping that this would finally destroy it.

Galieen Outer Orbit, Xando System

The new fleet was finally completed, the last ships had either finished construction above the Monkli shipyards or had arrived via stargate. All ships have been fully supplied, the last transport shuttles were leaving the fleet back to the space stations dotting the Galdeen homeworld's orbit. The new fleet was just barely as big as Task Force Alpha.

The newly-dubbed Task Force Delta was ready to go. Every Galdeen, Hell-An, Luur, and Tlik ready to lay down their lives in order to prevent the Nameless Empire from conquering the galaxy. The flagship vessel, the Hell-An Titan Unconquerable ordered the fleet to jump. A wormhole quickly formed and the entire fleet jumped into the hole in space and time and the wormhole closed behind them.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2010, 08:53:14 am »
The heavens where ablaze with fire, but only the Atomna existed in the eyes of Verys.

With the force of a nuclear cataclysm, the two demons collided.

“TELL ME, MY ENEMY… WHY DO YOU FIGHT?”  Verys’ voice boomed over the uproar of the elements.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2010, 10:59:16 am »
The only reply the robotic champion got was a blast of radiation in the face.

Back in the Capital Spire...

As the battle between the giant intergalactic robot knight and the living black hole waged on through the city, the representatives looked on. One of these was Colonel BaDuS who had been here as a military consultant.

"Okay, I'm not about to be some damsel in distress that the bad dudes have to rescue. Right now, I'm looking at representatives from the eight most powerful organizations in the Galaxy, plus Kuuruk." He looked on. "And right now, their are six million evacuees in that Super-Shuttle that won't see another sunrise unless we take down that invulnerable abomination against whatever gods are still left right now."

"So we have a choice, we can wait it out, let those people die and hold out for a shuttle to escape. With our collective influence, we could easily spin this as "acceptable losses" get out of here and live a ripe old age sipping Mojitoes and writing memoirs at a retirement home on Orgasmos."

"OR we can be heroes, we can order the ships to fire the secton that ship leaves and blast that thing back to hell before it can lift a finger, and us along within
."

He paced around the amassed delegates.

" So let's vote. By show of hands shall we be gods? Or HEROES!"

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2010, 11:05:53 am »
"Now that I know what I'm up against, I've had time to think. Well, if I'm gonna go down, the people might as well know how it happened," said Drukl, "so forget being gods! We'll fight to the death! Somebody get me my gatling."
The Baluvar soldier simply nodded in agreement, then got the gun that the commander had requested.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »
Battle of Olosis

“DAMN IT ALL TO THE BLACK ABYSS!” Scourged yelled out loud “Why won’t that thing DIE!”

It was hard to tell whether the enemy was winning or losing, so far nothing seemed to have changed until the awakened Atonma appeared on the field, and since then everything when to hell. All over the space over the Combine had been engaging the enemy on every front on Olosis, throwing nearly every weapon they had the enemy. When the Atomna’s head cracked however, Scourge saw a chance…

"Commander, energy reading are beginning to fluctuate on the Atomna!"

"Now the time to strike! FIRE EVERYTHING!"

And then the Combine started shooting...

Down at the bunker the wraiths had mostly kept to themselves…and everyone pretty much let them, but they did occasionally glare at Opmonsis through their hoods, indeed they wanted to make sure he realized that the feeling was mutual.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2010, 01:47:11 am »
From all around, the daemonic menace began to suffer the full, and insurmountable brunt of everyone's combined courage, poured into a one, final, and ultimate display of unimaginable strength.

A sudden tumultuous explosion rocked Verys' form as a cacophonous torrent of golden radiance engulfed the glistening sea of darkness surrounding nearby space.

Without warning, all across the slowly fading skies, a grim, and almost solemn hymn of despair rang within everyone's soul as the previously yellow glow which consumed the field of battle turned an immaculate white, condensing into drops of manna which began to shower the surface.

As the battle died down and the chaos of the former battle was replaced by a deafening silence, a swift realization suddenly formed from the aftermath.

The battle, it seems, has finally been won.

Verys, however, was nowhere to be found...

A cold, dark and infinitely empty void...

Such was the face of this endless ocean of nothingness...

Within it, there was nothing...

Not even the smallest shimmer of life...

Until...

TELL ME, MY ENEMY…

A string of familiar words echoed with great intensity across all corners of the seemingly infinite void, awakening the presence of a sudden, yet barely perpetuating consciousness.

WHY DO YOU FIGHT?

The voice called out once again.

This time, promptly met with an answer.

Why?

Verys' thoughts were shaken to a wildly vivid state by the realization of exactly what, or who, responded to the one, and most vital question of all.

Why do I fight?

The Wexxian hero awaited.

However, the words that he would soon come to bear, was not as he once expected them to actually be.

Even I don't know...

Another, much smaller flash of light welcomed everyone in orbit as the tattered, barely sustaining form of Verys appeared before everyone's presence. Plunging towards the charred and violent surface below, a pair of saving hands grasped the Wexxian's improbably injured lower frame.

Or so it seemed...

NNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It was the demon...

Shattered from all sides and seemingly on the verge of breaking...

But it was the demon, no less...

Raising its other arm against the First Knight, the abominable being's drill-like appendage savagely met with an equal, if not greater amount of force as it was swiftly, and decisively countered by the hero's struggling fist.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:29:55 am by Yuu »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:57 am »
An idea crossed Ty'cen's mind. That Wexxian used zero-point energies. Those, focussed through the large main antimatter gun, might be able to propel shuttles. Though, in his current state, it could possibly kill him, from what Ty'cen understood of Wexxians and zero-point energy, which the former was near nil and the latter wasn't so great-but better than most. He sent the idea to the Wexxian.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2010, 08:47:37 am »
Turov thought about how he was going to kill the Atomna. The Task Force was currently throwing out enough firepower to destroy a fleet several times over or make a large portion of a planet uninhabitable for quite awhile and all they managed to do, with the assistance of a Wexxian and several Combine and Photos ships, to make a chink in it's core. Maybe a full Hellfire nuclear and fusion missile bombardment...

"If I may make a suggestion Admiral," The Titan's AI suddenly said, interrupting Turov's chain of thought.

"Go ahead." The admiral responded, looking up from the tactical holo tank he was watching.

"Your aware on how dangerous shattered fragments from a destroyed celestial body is, correct?" Turov nods. The Tenth and Sixth Combat Fleets cut it really close with destroying the Nemesis rogue planet and it's fragments after a full impactor bombardment.

"Olosis' moon has shattered and I have located a fragment we could use. Based on the data I currently can access, no known ship can stop a multi-billion ton moon fragment by itself, it may include the target Nameless One, but I can't be sure."

"Alright then. Make it so, use what you think is best to ram the fragment into the Atomna." Turov ordered, then returned to watching the holo tank.

The fleet instantly followed the admiral's orders. The Task Force repositioned itself around the targeted moon fragment and started shooting nukes, fusion missiles, and impactors into one side of it. Slowly, the fragment started moving toward the Atomna, gaining speed in the process. When the fleet started moving away, the moon fragment was moving at over 5 standard (Earth) gravities toward the Atomna.

In order to prevent the Atomna from somehow escaping or destroying the fragment, Turov ordered a Hellfire missile bombardment at the Atomna. Hundreds of nuclear and fusion missiles were launched and just as they hit the Atomna, the fragment was just seconds away.

A new sun shone for barely a moment before it was blotted out by a massive hunk of moon rock.

The rogue GPA troops charged, weapons blazing. The Republic troopers along with Empire grunts and scorpions defended the last delegates that were still remaining on the shattered world that was Olosis. The defenders were doing well, but they were being overwhelmed. They were ready to make their last stand and meet their ancestors in the afterlife.

"For our ancestors!" A Hell-An grunt yelled.

"FOR OUR ANCESTORS!" The rest of the defenders responded. The next wave of enemy troops attacked and the defenders responded with equal force, with railguns firing and axes swung.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:37:52 pm by Galactic-Warrior »