Author Topic: The Expendables  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
The Expendables
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:02:34 pm »
Anyone else seen this yet. I saw it Wednesday night. It was this or Scott Pilgrim but Scott Pilgrim didnt start for a few hours so we went to this. I was kind of hyped since seeing the movie poster and the number of names attached to this film. While it's true nearly every major action star is in this film it does focus more on Sly, Jason and Jet still most charcaters get a few moments to be awesome. Also would have been nice to have Jet Li not have his ass handed to him so many times in the film.

Over all it is an average movie the story isn't really anything worth looking at but the action is pretty good. Go and watch it if you need to see more explosions in your life.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: The Expendables
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:16:18 am »
i was kind of disappointed. the action wasn't very well done IMHO, and there wasn't enough of it. they tried to give it a plot, which took up time that i think would have been better utilized to have more action. nobody in that theater was expecting a good story, and they wasted a lot of time trying to give us one and coming up short.

in all, the action that was there was alright, but the plot and dialog were beyond laughable and took up too much time. i know the dialog was supposed to be corny, but this was just too much. i guess that's what happens when you let stallone direct a movie.

I'd give it a B / B-

Spore countdowns: USA Europe