Author Topic: Enya  (Read 3647 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Enya
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:24:01 pm »
I love New Age music and my favorite is Enya. If you haven't listened to her music you should. It's awesome. One of her most popular songs is Orinoco Flow, it gets played on the radio. She just came out with a new CD. Amarantine. It's very good.  :)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
Re: Enya
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:08:37 am »
I never got into it. However my flatmate enjoys it and he normally only listens to metal.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:04:41 am »
Enya is alright by me.  My friends really like her but, i haven't listened to too much of her.  (it is just one person, right)

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 06:11:17 am »
Yes, she's just one person. The best time to listen is when you want to relax and mellow out. It's very calming music. My second fav would be Yanni but I was just excited that she had a new CD come out. It's been a long time since there was anything new.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 02:20:19 pm »
Oh yeah, I really like Enya, listen to it all the time. All of the songs in Amarantine are great. I even have a few music videos... somewhere.
I think her last name (the English version of it) is Brennan, which is also my first name. ;D

Edit: I was just now listening to Amarantine, trying to figure out which was my favorite one. It's totally impossible! I love them all.

Edit2: I've been into Piano for the past several months now. I'm pretty good at it, so I'm going to go out and get some Enya piano sheet music. I especially want to try Drifting and Watermark.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:31:50 pm by Kishmond »
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 02:27:06 pm »
hmm, Enya isn't my style really, but she's are alright. I tolerate Enya a thousand times easier than any country song, though.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Wahh

• Defender Devotee
  • Dubbed Sigmund Wahh as well as El Cerebro Sucio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 03:52:29 pm »
My civics teacher is usually a heavy metal enthusiast (imagine some old guy sitting at his desk watching TV and rocking out while you sit and do your homework, which is all his class is), but lately he has begun listening to Enya.  He thinks it's classical music though, snigger, snigger.  :)

This guy's songs are freaking awesome! Just look at that earbean picture as my avatar!
www.songstowearpantsto.com

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 06:40:23 pm »
I actually heard the new Enya song Amarantine on the radio the other day so I guess she's getting mainstream again.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 11:14:58 am »
I can't say that I go out of my way to listen to Enya, but I do enjoy it when I hear it.  I'm mostly more hard rock and electronica/dance though.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 04:57:31 pm »
My mom used to play Enya all the time, so I'm all too familiar with her music. I don't know if I grew a tolerance to it, or if it grew on me but I can definately don't mind it. Some of the songs actually aren't that bad. Regardless though I think she is very talented.
My karma ran over your dogma