Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin: OOC and Planning  (Read 44720 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named: The Battle for Origin: OOC and Planning
« Reply #375 on: September 03, 2011, 09:03:15 pm »
Yuu posted a whole backstory in his thread.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:52 am »
Why is darkness evil? Have you ever looked directly at the sun?

Anyways, it seems that all this action is taking place on the other side of the galaxy in relation to the Perrachi. But I'd say that an invasion of Beyon would be particularly troubling, as it's the farthest planet populated by sapients that a Perrachi has ever set foot on. There are a few thousand citizens living there, and if the Nameless take it over that would mean potentially gaining greater unrestrained access to the western galaxy. Only problem is the PSID doesn't even know the Nameless exist, let alone the Orealyianis. Would getting military assistance from the Perrachi and co. be a priority for anybody here? All it takes is a diplomatic vessel and a few weeks in hyperspace(with stops at the Kratair and the Graid).
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2011, 04:36:21 pm »
Why is darkness evil? Have you ever looked directly at the sun?

All darkness isn't necessarily evil, it's the particular reason for Their darkness which is of concern.

Their skin is actually still white, they simply look dark because Their bodies actively pull in light from the surrounding area. An oddly selective event horizon, if you will.

Would getting military assistance from the Perrachi and co. be a priority for anybody here?

Considering the existence of Strange Matter technology, yeah, pretty much.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2011, 06:30:35 pm »
I think I should remind you that only a handful of individuals in the entire galaxy even know that strange matter exists, all of them high-ranking Perrachi.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2011, 06:31:03 pm »
I think I should remind you that only a handful of individuals in the entire galaxy even know that strange matter exists, all of them high-ranking Perrachi.
And Nauceans.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 07, 2011, 03:53:01 am »

Oops. Reading comprehension fail on my part.  :D

Let's see...

Considering that the Perrachi actually have/had a pretty top tier military, and is/was one of the, if not the most prominent in their part of the galaxy, I'd guess so.

Even without the hardware, the guys' experience alone would do wonders for training everyone else, particularly the armed forces of the unmentioned/bystander/greenhorn races out there.

As far as I know of the region, the guys involved in the USSS are really the only ones that could keep that place together in case something serious comes knocking at the door.   :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:58 am »
Well, the USSS de facto dissolved after the PSR was destroyed, but now that everything's settled down it could easily be re-established. The ten Perrachi nations bicker between themselves but would definitely unite in the face of a common threat. They could never fight each other because they only control one star system each, and the rest is maintained by the PSID.

However, they'd only be convinced to fight if Beyon City was taken. As you can see, that would give the Nameless easy access to the USSS region of space, with only the Kratair and the Graid standing in their way on that much-used route.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #383 on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:58 am »
Well, the Kratair are also pretty tough in terms of military experience and hardware. They're some of the toughest guys around, in fact. However, they would be the only real line wall of defense if Beyon were to be taken, so that would still unite the Perrachi.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
Well, the USSS de facto dissolved after the PSR was destroyed, but now that everything's settled down it could easily be re-established.

I was kinda speaking more of the constituent nations themselves than the organization as a whole, actually. Hope that clears it up.

They're some of the toughest guys around, in fact.

Indeed.

Pound per pound I think they're pretty much on the top five, if not three, of the most battle-hardened spacebattlers out there.

Goes to show just how much you can achieve when you give a race of veloceraptors some spaceships and hundreds of years of experience exclusively living on them. They're basically the Macross fleets, but with claws, sharp teeth and the ability to spawn miniature suns at the face of anyone who just as much as look at them funny.

Ps. Just want to clear up that what I mean is that the Perrachi are basically one of the most vital trump cards in the region and would be quite of help if the place does get breached.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:52 pm »
Alright, I get it now.

Macross fleets? Huh?
*One Wickerpedia search later*
I'm not holding anything with an organization called the "U.N. Spacy" in high regard. What, did Kevin Spacey replace Ban Ki-Moon? Actually, that'd be kinda cool. But my point is not everyone here is an anime nerd, but rather a Western sci-fi nerd. Compare stuff from Star Wars and Doctor Who if you must.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 07, 2011, 08:48:04 pm »
It's from a portmanteau of the latin navigia , meaning fleet of ships, and spatium, meaning space. Thus Spacy. Think "Space+ Navy"
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:15 pm »
I'm sticking with the Kevin Spacey theory.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »
It's from a portmanteau of the latin navigia , meaning fleet of ships, and spatium, meaning space. Thus Spacy. Think "Space+ Navy"
It's redundant. You don't NEED to create a special name, the term "naval" would still be applicable.
Not to mention "Spacy" sounds about as cheesy as it's possible to get.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:04 pm »
Compare stuff from Star Wars and Doctor Who if you must.

Macross is basically what makes up 1/3 of the original Robotech, which was a pretty common show in America back then. I was in the idea that some would at least have a passing idea of the two. I guess not.

In any case, what about the Kushan? They a more familiar comparison?