Author Topic: Yo dawg...  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Somarinoa

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Vuunega Forums
Re: Yo dawg...
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:53 pm »
Animate sprite with an attack animation.

(Also, I'm surprised someone ACTUALLY adds the "spr_" in front of the name hehe)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »
Create sprite. Preferable a unicorn to be used as the main character who will attack the xenomorphs by gouging into them with its horn!

Or a Predator.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:38:06 pm by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 12:01:40 am »
Create sprite. Preferable a unicorn to be used as the main character who will attack the xenomorphs by gouging into them with its horn!

Or a Predator.

Add an off screen sound emitting entity that plays Always by Erasure on loop.

>_>

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 12:44:05 am »
Click on "Didero - Chat" in the bottom bar.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:05 am »
Yesh but the xenomorphs asplode when they are gouged.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:10 am »

(Also, I'm surprised someone ACTUALLY adds the "spr_" in front of the name hehe)
I second this motion, we must fight to be victorious!
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:05 pm »
Flisch if you made that sprite - Cool!
If not - We said make a sprite! Don't be so lazy!

Also maybe you should press 'center' or something in the origin settings.
Even though it wouldn't be a good idea to center the points of origin, you are going to have everything fit on a 32x32 grid anyway, so you do it with the sprite.

You realize that unanimated sprites are pretty silly, so you make an animation for the alien sprite. Now it can attack!

Or a Predator.
Of course in a game with aliens as enemies, there needs to be a hero character for the player, but you can't decide wether to make it a unicorn or a predator. In the end you decide to do a hybrid of both.

Or a Predator.

Add an off screen sound emitting entity that plays Always by Erasure on loop.

>_>

Since the protagonist is a unicorn, you think the song from Robot Unicorn Attack would be a perfect fit, so you put that as a sound-file in gamemaker. Next thing you do is you create an object that plays the sound in a loop as soon as it is created. Done!

Click on "Didero - Chat" in the bottom bar.

Yesh but the xenomorphs asplode when they are gouged.

You have no way to fight them yet, so you can't really create any sort of explosion for the aliens yet.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:37:36 pm by Flisch »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 04:37:19 pm »
Make two sprites - one representing a barrel of gunpowder and one representing an explosion. When the unicorn-predator rams his electricitasm horn into one of the barrels, it switches over to the explosion sprite.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 04:39:43 pm »
Make the unipredacorntor attack with 'a' and then make an attack animation.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 04:45:47 pm »
Make two sprites - one representing a barrel of gunpowder and one representing an explosion. When the unicorn-predator rams his electricitasm horn into one of the barrels, it switches over to the explosion sprite.

This, k thxbai.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »
This, we need our hero to be able to defend himself!
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:34 pm »
Yay! I like that penguin.

Make the penguin into a sprite!

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:24:02 am »
Give the unicorn a Horn Gouge attack and a Dash Attack akin to that of Robot Unicorn Attack.
Maybe even the predator's shoulder mounted cannon?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:29:55 am by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 03:51:53 pm »
Create a basic square-shaped solid block for platform type of gameplay and then make it so that the alien can jump around on the platforms using WASD. Preferably have his speed as an acceleration with a constant friction so that his movements aren't jerky.
@davidramnero

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 05:06:25 pm »
You think that there should be more things in the game then just aliens and the protagonist, so you add a barrel. You are not exactly sure what it will do later, but it will involve explosions!

Unfortunately you have no object for the protagonist yet, so you can't code the behavior of the barrel.

Give the unicorn a Horn Gouge attack and a Dash Attack akin to that of Robot Unicorn Attack.
Maybe even the predator's shoulder mounted cannon?
You think of a number of potential attacks and moves for the protagonist, but you need to make an object first.

Yay! I like that penguin.

Make the penguin into a sprite!
You are not exactly sure why, but you somehow think the Socially Awkward Penguin is cool enough to be put in the game, so you create a sprite for him.

Create a basic square-shaped solid block for platform type of gameplay and then make it so that the alien can jump around on the platforms using WASD. Preferably have his speed as an acceleration with a constant friction so that his movements aren't jerky.
You decide that after making so many sprites and animations, it is finally time to create some actual objects, so you can start coding the game. You decide that your game should be a platformer, so you create a collision object that serves as the various platforms and of course the ground. Now, all you need are some actual objects.

There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense