Author Topic: "DarkSpore"  (Read 38970 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: "DarkSpore"
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 09:12:14 pm »
Indeed. Call me jaded, but I'm expecting this to be about as "dark" as well... CareBears. With the main villain as Greedy Bear.

I'll come back in a few years, see if they actually made it "dark."

Though I have to admit that that concept art looks sexy.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 12:22:34 am »
You have all made good points. Come to think of it...

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 01:02:18 pm »
THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w</a>
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:51:14 pm by Lush City »

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 10:03:22 pm »
Oh no, our initial gambit failed because we made it too cute.
Quick make it all grimdark that'll solve everything!

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »
I call this the Batman effect.

(People see that "edgy" things work well, so they try to make things "edgy".)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 11:07:32 pm »
The million-dollar question : Expansion upon the old flaws, or standalone with new potential?
More to the point : Can Maxis make a game away from their usual padded simulation-skeleton, and make it well? Failing that, will they actually pad the skeleton enough to make it lastingly entertaining this time around (like the Sims base games; skeletal, transparent system, but enjoyable due to distraction).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 04:16:40 am »
Well from the SporeMaster's section on the "Sporum" they have said nothing yet. They are just speculating as much as anyone else. I just hope they don't mean this ... BlackOps TV - The Creation Project. Note that his project has nothing to do with Spore, but is part of the Stupid Fun Club.

Yay Pour Karma!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:18:40 am by Hydromancerx »

gec05

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 06:40:22 pm »

http://www.darkspore.com/

A blank page so far, but they're working on it.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 01:43:25 am »
So for what I am seeing so far in "darkspore" art work is a couple element based creatures. Thats kinda cool if I am right. I actually look forward to gaining information on this. Not hyping though. I already had enough of that with the original Spore. Though now that I look back the element looking creatures have weird armor on too, so maybe that whats causing them to look all magma like.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:42 am »
Well a little hype might help. So many people have abandoned Spore perhaps some hype could help them return. However now that are jaded so that doesn't help. *shrugs* Who knows maybe a 2nd pre-spore  renaissance is just around the corner?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 12:18:11 am »
End of the day I'll probably just go the same way I went with the 1st version of Spore. listen for major news if it comes on by but generally hang out in Everything else on this site and but this game on release (assuming it isnt a complete load of toxic waste).

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:35 pm »
They only do anything for the community if it benefits them. Thats why I got sick of it, the complete wall of silence and dishonest dodging on stuff, the apparent inability to just tell things as they are.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 10:18:16 pm »
@Luminar

I don't think it was so much dodging in that they just did not know themselves. A lot of the early stuff was just in prototyping phase or even just concept drawings. What actually got made came much later. Remember they had to basically design the entire system of editors. I don't think anyone can deny that they did get the editors right. If anything they should be making more games with deeper game play using the same editors that were developed for Spore.

gec05

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »
Still, even after releasing the game, Maxis still doesn't talk to their community. Maxis has no sincere relationship with the community that still exists on their own forums. And that's what I hate about them.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:22 am »
Still, even after releasing the game, Maxis still doesn't talk to their community. Maxis has no sincere relationship with the community that still exists on their own forums. And that's what I hate about them.

Maxis Cactus still communicates I believe. But its her job to do the forum stuff there.

@MasterChiToes
My impression when visiting Maxis for Spore Community day back before Spore came out is that if they kept doing all the stuff they cut out of the game the game would never come out. And it was already long enough of a wait from 2005 (public demo) to 2008 (release date).

However why they have not done more since then is beyond me. Perhaps they were thinking doing cross platforms would be better than expanding more on the core PC/Mac game. However they did have a parts pack and expansion. I would say that GA makes Spore at least interesting. But this is more because of the creative people making the adventures.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:43:31 am by Hydromancerx »