Author Topic: Cunae ((Planning and sign-ups)) -OLD THREAD-  (Read 8976 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
  • I still haunt this place from time to time
    • View Profile
Re: Cunae ((Planning and sign-ups)) -Yet another civ game by Huckbuck-
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 10:19:36 am »
Here is my current template for family stats. If you think it is missing something just suggest it and I will consider adding it. I will make a map over Cunae showing property of all the families as well:

The Autus Family

Head(s) of Family: Antonious

Members: Antonious (Consul, 64 y.o., healthy), Aphinae (House Wife,46 y.o., mortally wounded)

Wealth: x Gold Coins (Aurii) and x Silver Coins (Denarii) (each coin weighs 10 grams)

Property: (buildings and land) 4 large villas* in Northern Cunae, the Caracellie Public Bath^,         (^ = gives revenue    * = maintenance outweigh possible revenue)

Influence

Senate: Great (1 seat, consul)

The upper class: Quite good

Middle class: Bad

The peasants: Good

Soldiers: Autus I Cohort [good condition, poorly equiped, great morale, Centurion Prior: Alieraus Dex ]  

(1 legion is = 10 cohorts,  1 cohort is = 5 centuries, 1 centuria is = 100 soldiers. I made up these numbers myself, they do not represent the numeric value they had in ancient Rome.)

Slaves: 10 per villa, Antonious personal slaves: 1 + Harem consisting of 2 slaves, 20 slaves working at Carcellie Public Bath

I also created this basic map which will be used to identify which buildings belong to which family:

The orange boxes are houses and the blue houses are special buildings. (I added a theatre, the other two have been mentioned before.)

I will now begin working on the template for the City stats as well as the Senate "interface".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:20:30 am by Huckbuck »

Offline Raz

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 03:40:38 pm »
What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children. This is becoming a bit too much like a game, not to mention putting a hell of a lot of pressure on you.

Offline Little

• Crossbow Sharpshooter
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:57 pm »
What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Sig'd :D
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 04:08:23 pm »
WIP map for Cunae:

Cunae

Consul: x

Residents: Inner City: 986 Outer City: 1254

Tax level:  High

Life conditions: Average

Happiness of the people: Quite upset (about taxes)

Points of interest: The Curia, The Temple of Amon Victor, Forum Cunae, Theatre of Marcelii

Produces: Major: Fish, crops, wine, pottery, Minor: weapons, olive oil, tools,

Consumes: Major: Fish, crops, marble, clay, tools, luxury wares, wood, cloth, pottery. Minor: Slaves, metals, weapons,

Imports:International: Spiti (Metals, luxury wares, cloth), Local: Cunae countryside (wood, crops, olive oil, wine), Linum (clay), Sordeo (clay), Fimus (clay), Morus (marble), Lautum (marble)

Exports: International: Spiti (Fish, pottery, wine, olive oil), Local: Cunae countryside (Fish, tools, pottery, wine), Linum (Tools, pottery, wine), Sordeo (Tools, pottery, wine), Fimus (Tools, pottery, wine), Morus (Tools, pottery, wine), Lautum (Tools, pottery, wine)

International status: Recognised

@Razonatair: Not really. I will not write any more RP for the children than for anyone else. You can control the childrens actions but not their thoughts and mindset, so a child might turn on your family without you wanting it. I think this is a necessary aspect of the game.

Offline Raz

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 04:17:59 pm »
Yes but for example Little and I already have something to be orchestrated.

Offline Little

• Crossbow Sharpshooter
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 04:22:02 pm »
It'll work out, we could just request it or wait until they're a bit older.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

Offline Raz

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 04:24:35 pm »
Huck's controlling our children's mentality's makes me think he doesn't think we're competent writers or something. Make it a punishment or something for those who can't properly write their characters down different paths or something.

Offline martyk

• Arrgh, Me Be A Pirate!
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 04:33:02 pm »
Til age 10 maybe, but not to 16.  Otherwise our development of the character is very, very restricted before they're expected to actually play a large part.  Keep in mind, most marriges would be taking place around age 18 if not sooner.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »
Hmm, you might be right about that Martyk. The thing is that I want the childrens behaviour to be a considerable consequence of your actions so as to add good and bad sides to most playstyles. I'll change it to 10 if you all think that makes more sense.

Razon, stop making stuff up about me.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 05:07:13 pm »
I agree with Martyk about that age being 10. Besides, most events that change a person's personality occur before the age of 10 so it provides a nice basis for any traits you deem suitable for the characters. But at the same time the person will then get a chance to try and push them in the direction they wanted before marrying them to someone elses characters and having them have children of their own.

Offline Raz

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 05:11:35 pm »
That was the first time I did it, and the 10 seems better.

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 05:16:51 pm »
Okey, 10 it is then. All rules will be compiled in the first post of the OOC thread later on when we get this game going. I expect to be done with the preparations in 2 - 3 days.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »
I'm just wondering, to decrease some of the waiting time, would it make sense to have a small 'party' of the aristocratic families so that people can still RP and get a feeling for their characters? Anything that happened at the party wouldn't really have any effect on things, but it would set a basis for how things would go. I guess I'm just itching to get into this, but that's probably just me.

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »
That sounds like a good idea! You can start up a thread for it and those who feel like trying out their characters can join in. Make sure that it is mostly for practice though.

Anyway, here is how the RP/game progress:

1. I anounce the Senate, the buildings owned by the families and similar things. I also write an RP about a few big or small events connected to the families to get things going and do a few dicerolls that you may or may not notice the impact of directly.

2. You RP the most important events (and other thing as well if you so like) for the coming 3 months (I might make this 6 months if we feel we progess to slowly, but it feels as if the turns would be too long in that case). You PM me and each other if you so like. I can not enforce this, but I encourage the game PMs to be RP'd between you players.

3. I post the updated stats of the city and the families, explain the consequenses of actions and events and send PMs if needed. I explain a bit about the news and write some RP here and there.

4. Start over from 2.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:45:03 pm by Huckbuck »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 06:18:08 pm »
Just posted the Test RP thread. I mentioned that there was some sort of festival so that it would give people a reason to be there. Feel free to join in if you wish, if not that's fine too.