Author Topic: Cunae ((Planning and sign-ups)) -OLD THREAD-  (Read 16031 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Cunae ((Planning and sign-ups)) -OLD THREAD-
« on: July 04, 2010, 08:23:38 am »
I often think back upon the games I have made on this forum, and "A Tale of Civilizations" really stands out at least for me in terms of quallity and longevity. Lately I have been thinking of a way to take the best parts of AToC and create a new game which requires less work from my side (towards the end of AToC an update took MANY hours), and more freedom for the players. Here is the game idea that I came up with:

- Cunae -

Cunae is a small but fledging centralized soon-to-be empire with a strong aristocracy. Obviously it is very inspired by early Rome, although do not get stuck up on this to much. The land known to the Cuneans is rich of forests and sandy beaches with fertile ground where they grow crops in small villages. The only city of the Cuneanic People is Cunae, so it is truly the power epicenter of the nation. From there the noble families control everything from expansion and trade to military excursions. The official power belongs to "The Peoples Senate", traditionally the noble families hold most senate posts though. This senate elects a leader for the nation once every year who works as the chairman of the senate and the ceremonial leader of Cunae.

You, the players, each control one of these families. You RP their behaviour, you order their personal legions around, you invest their money, you decide who your young ones marry etc. In this way every player both competes and co-op with each other. Might it be worth it to lose some influence over Cunae to support another familiy with troops for taking over a barbarian city? It's all up to you!

Member list:                                                 Family

BagderMan22                                                 Abdullah

Little                                                             Anucdian-Sardina

Martyk                                                           Kraetus

Josasa                                                           Verdo

Razonatair                                                      The Black Clan

Hydromancerx                                                 Skandalon

Dr. Octagonapus                                             Yamino

Now, all things aren't set in stone yet, what technologies are discovered and the like, so I would like to hear feedback before I write down the rules and make the templates and such. You can also start to sign up, and this is how you do it:

Family name.

Family members:  I have a system for this to be somewhat ballanced;

You get 1000 "age points" that you get to "buy" members for. Everyone up to the age of 50 is worth 50+(their age) in points, but every year above 50 are subtracted.

Examples of this to clarify:

Undatarian, 16 years old. (66 points, 50 + 16)

Antonius, 75 years old. (75 points, 50 + 50 - 25)

Herataras 50 years old. (100 points, 50 + 50)

You should also write a bio to each person, the less important ones can have short bios but you should have some people of greater importance with longer bios. You may not give your members any significant power through this bio however as that is handled by me, the GM. (Example: Antonius has since last month been the Consul of the senate. <- NOT ALLOWED)

I also recommend you to write a bio about your familiy in general, maybe a bit about their history and such. If you show by your application that you can RP in a way that a game like this benefit from, then you are in! (I might limit the amount of players though based on interest, I doubt this will be a problem though.)

Enough of me talking, please give feedback! I take inspiration from AToC and Rome: Total War, is there something else I should check out before we start?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:44:14 pm by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Cunae ((Planning and sign-ups)) -Yet another civ game by Huckbuck-
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:19 am »
Abdullah

Family members:
Aaron, 25 years old (75 points)
Eldest son of Alphaeus, husband of Apphia, father of Aamina. Tallest member of the family at 6'2". Has brown hair and eyes.
Apphia, 25 years old (75 points) nee Babineaux
Purchased from the slave trade at age 5 and was married to Aaron at age 15. Mother of Aamina. Blonde  hair and green eyes cause her to stick out from the rest of the family.
Aamina, 5 years old (55 points)
The first child born to Aaron and Apphia. She possesses her mother's eyes and her fathers hair.
Abaddon, 1 year old (51 points)
The only son of Aaron and the only hope at expanding the Abdullah family. His eyes are blue and his hair is a downy white.
Alphaeus, 65 years old (85 points)
The eldest of the family and Aaron's father. In his prime he fathered 2 daughters and traded them for liquor. He possesses a hunched figure, long spindly fingers and an extremely strong liver.
Aaliyah, 35 years old (85 points) nee Francis
Alphaeus's trophy wife was a recent purchase and does all the work around the household.
Asad, 18 years old (68 points)
Alphaeus's second son and Aaron's half brother. He loathes Aaron and spends most of his time spreading rumors to ruin Aaron's status.
Ayishah, 15 years old (65 points) nee Tranchia
Purchased to marry Asad. She has extremely light skin and hair and her eyes are blood red.
Bethany Kindre, 20 years old (70 points) nee Abdullah, nee Hortica, nee Abdullah
Eldest daughter of Alphaeus and the only one to marry out of the family. Wife of Aeschylus Kindre.
Aeschylus Kindre, 35 years old (85 points)
Purchased Bethany's hand in marriage with 400 gallons of beer. Is of little importance to any member of the Abdullah family.
Agatha Hortica, 5 years old (55 points)
Bethany's daughter and the only surviving member of the Hortica family. Happens to be Alphaeus's favorite grandchild.
Aelia, 10 years old (60 points)
Alphaeus sold Aelia to a brothel to pay for his expensive alcohol addiction. Is the favorite girl of many nobles of lesser importance and tends to know more than she lets on.

A long line that can trace its ancestry back to the caravans from far away lands and are easily identifiable by their dark skin. They spend their money frivolously on expenses such as gold and silk. They prefer the use of imported animals as their main form of transportation and often adorn their mounts with silver and other expensive items. They have a firm hold on the silk industry and the slave trade, giving them a great deal of power over the expansion of Cunae.
Events
None

EDIT: Added two more family members upping the total family price to 508. Also added the maiden names in bold after the character's name. I will probably add another branch to the family following one of Alphaeus's daughter.
EDIT2: 778 points spent after adding both daughters and their respective families.
Edit3: 829
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:33:16 pm by Bagder Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:23:33 am »
You got it! You haven't used all the points though, it is optional however.
@davidramnero

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:24:50 am »
Yeah I only use 305 points out of 1000.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 10:42:43 am »
Ok, I can accept that. The problem with your family is that I don't see how it would be an aristocratic and influential family. You have to specify what enables them to be one of the most influential families in Cunae.
@davidramnero

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:55:15 am »
This looks very interesting. I was actually considering doing a Nobility RP some time ago, setup in almost this same format, but I didn't have the time or willpower to organize something like this. I'll be posting something very soon, cause I like the way this is going.

As for what I was thinking, I don't think that technology should be much of a concern. If anything, it could be a background thing that you don't really have to worry about making a systematic setup that determines when new technology is introduced into the game. Really, you could just add things as you see fit whenever the game progresses, which would probably be much easier on your part.
For example, you've noticed that one family has been investing a lot of money in the training of their personal army, or something similar, and maybe you decide they deserve a little bonus since they've been going at it for a while. That family gets a bonus in battle, because their troops went through a different drill setting and now they're more organized than other troops, or something like that.

But as for the government. Is it possible for the players to morph it if they have the power and the backing of other families, such as creating new positions within the government, or even drafting a new constitution if it was approved by the current form of government? I just think that could be an interesting aspect of the gameplay, and gives the families more room to maneuver in the field of politics and power.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 11:23:21 am »
Yes certainly! Caesar of the Julii did it right? ;)

As for technology, yes that sounds reasonable. I do however need to list what has been discovered so far so that you know it. The peoples knowledge about the surounding world also needs to be explained, Badgers claim about his family having access to ivory and camels isn't something I accept just like that as he can't know what the people know yet.

I am thinking that this is going to be 60% RP and 40% "game mechanics" where both of course affecting each other. Most things will be posted in the threads rather than in PMs, the secret operations are ok to PM me though. With that said, the RP aspect must be taken into consideration, if family A prepares a legion to attack family Bs residence and post that in the thread family B can't just start preparing for the attack just because the player read the post about the attack. Having fun and playing the role of your family is more important than "winning", something I didn't like about a few people attitude towards AToC.
@davidramnero

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 11:57:00 am »
Edited my family a bit and added another family member. I removed the specific reference to camels and ivory.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »
That is better, you are hereby the first registered player Bagder!
@davidramnero

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:03 pm »
My entry:

The Anucdian-Sardina Family

The Anucdian-Sardina Family are powerful land owners, possessing a large amount of land they inherited from the Sardina titles. The family is regarded well within Cunae upper-class society, not at the top but not at the bottom, either. A large stock of slaves and tenant farmers work their land, which produces basic crops. Managing the estates is a complex task, with small conflicts often breaking out among tenant farmers with the added problem of slave control.  The family is very ambitious, but it is not perfect. The Sardina side has nearly been swept away by a tragic accident that left the surviving heir nervous and bitter, and the iron fist that Bourgeois holds over the family causes resentment among those he hasn't blessed with luxury and status.

Bourgeois Anucdian (Age 56) (94 Points)
Bio: The eldest member of the Anucdian family, he established the family's wealth and power. He rose up from a middle-class family by enlisting in a nobleman named Emeilo Sardina's army. His intelligence, agility, and strength stood out during a small war against raiders on the edge of Sardina land, and Sardina became his patron. Granted wealth and privilege, he set out to raise a family. Under the tutelage of Emilo, he became a competent aristocrat and managed to make his own family a crucial part of the Sardina estates. Inheriting the titles of the Sardina family afer Emeilo's death, the shrewd patriarch vies for control of his family, with the belittled Sardinas and his own family slowly waiting for him to perish so they can fight over the ownership of the titles. He has sired two children(Bertrandu and Margret Anucdian).

Bertrandu Anucdian(Age 38) (88 Points)
Bio: The son of Bourgeois, Bertrandu is a brave, courageous, and arrogant man. Bertrandu is a competent man, although he dislikes the political intrigue of the noble life, finding it too dishonest and corrupt. He is very willing to fight for his family and their power, but is unable to grasp the subtler nuances of being a noble. He has sired four children(Kylre, Brutus, and Thery Anucdian) with his wife(Ameilia Anucdian). Bertrandu is of average intelligence, but is strong and fast, known in his younger days for brawling in lower class districts after consuming a few too many spirits.

Ameila Anucdian (Age 32) (78 Points)
Bio: A minor noblewomen, Ameila was married to Bertrandu at the age of 15. After giving birth to their children(Kylre, Brutus, and Thery Anucdian), she became involved in Cunae's  social circle of women. She enjoys attending social functions and focuses her politicking on obtaining a good wife and husband for her sons and daughters. She's intelligent and good-looking, and is very ambitious.

Brutus Anucdian (Age 17) (67 Points)
A son of Ameila and Bertrandu. Brutus is a strong teenager and smart teenager. He's currently serving as a commander in the family army, having spent four years in the rank-and-file of the family forces. He holds an excellent grasp of tactics and combat as well as political necessities, but is too much of an action person to sit down and actually struggle with managing the bureaucracy of the family estates. He is excellent with sword and bow, and is a deadly hand-to-hand fighter, but is relatively uneducated when it comes to intellectual pursuits.

Thery Anucdian (Age 15) (63 Points)
Bio: A sister of Kylre and Brutus, but very different personality-wise. She takes after her mother, but with a cruel and vicious touch already, spoiled by her family's wealth. She enjoys the finer things in life a bit too much and views those who don't as inferior. Manipulating and shrewdly smart, she is a girl sure to make many enemies and 'allies' in her future.

Kylre Anucdian (Age 13) (63 Points)
Bio: A son of Bertrandu and Ameila Anucdian, Kylre is intelligent, charismatic, and agile. He is being groomed for the position of eventual management of the titles under the tutelage of Bourgeois. A quiet teenager, he spends much time in the family study or out hunting with his father. However, a wise observer wouldn't mistake his isolationism for awkward social skills, as Kylre maintains a circle of friends with whom he hunts, and a larger circle of friends at a nearby temple, where he goes to find texts his family study can't provide. A capable teenager, he is sure to find success in whatever discipline he chooses, whether it is scholarly or noble.

Margret Anucdian (Age 36) (86 Points)
Bio: The daughter of Bourgeois Anucdian, Margret is a widow vying for control of the family wealth. Her husband died of a rare sickness, but he managed to give her a child(Harlow Anucdian). Margret feels deep resentment for her father and brothers, feeling she has been robbed of her rightful power within the family by Bertrandu and Ameila having more children.  She has been secretly plotting with the last surviving member of the Sardina family to gain back the Anucdian-Sardina titles.

Harlow Anucdian (Age 19) (69 Points)
Bio: The son of Margret Anucdian, Harlow is bitter man that resents many of his family members. Crippled through the genetic disorder of his father, he is prone to seizures and terrible mood swings. Only the influence of his grandfather, Bourgeois Anucdian, kept him from being killed as something impure and evil.  He spends long hours reading and writing. He schemes relentlessly, determined to find a way past his affliction into society.

Nicholas Sardina (Age 28) (78 Points)
Bio: The last surviving member of the Sardina family, he is fading from noble society. Most of his family's former wealth has passed into the hands of the Anucdian family, and Nicholas hates them for it. A strong and smart man, he is slowly working out a plan to use the trickle of funds he gains from his inheritance to take back what he considers rightfully his. After a tragic boating accident which robbed him of his family, Nicholas strives to regain the prestige his family once held, and have revenge for what he knows in his heart wasn't an accident.

Events
Nothing yet.

Do I pass?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:01:41 pm by Little »
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 08:23:56 pm »
The House of Kraetus
Kraetus is a fairly highly regarded name in Cunae and have been a part of the aristocracy for 4 generations.  Their rise to power began simply, with a family opperated vineyard and winery.  Its success allowed them to diversify and expand, buying up land at an astonishing rate, to then rent out to others, allowing them to become the powerfull land-barons they are today.

Family members:

Marnus, 34 years old (84 points)
Marnus became the head of the Kraetus household after the death of his father, Teran, a number of years ago.  Since then, he has followed in his footsteps and continued to expand his family's holdings and wealth, though as of late he has turned his attention towards the senate.  He is a very intelligent and ambitious man, quick of wit, tounge and blade, though he would often rather avoid open confrontation, finding himself well suited to the backroom politics of the city's aristocracy.

Gracia, 31 years old (81 points)
Gracia has always been a fairly quiet woman and has always strived to be the best wife she could be for her husband Marnus.  She is clever and compansionate, often finding other members of the household turning to her for advise for their problems.  She is often regarded as being wise beyond her years.

Lyra, 17 years old (67 points)
Lyra inherited her father Marnus' intelligence and ambition, but as woman she knew that she would never be able to succeed him as head of the household.  She has managed however by ensuring that she has always been a large part of her younger brother Teran's upbringing so as to cement herself as an important figure in his life.  She is fairly well read and has a variety of interests such as equestrianism and archery.

Teran, 15 years old (65 points)
Teran, named for his grandfather, is an idealist.  While not as bright as his parents, he still has a very good head on his shoulders and an excellent sense of right and wrong.  He is gallant and chivilrous, while at the same time being a skilled strategist and negotiator, having been raised to eventually take his father's place as head of the household.  He is a well trained swordsman, though has seen little true combat.  He holds a great deal of respect for both his parents and his elder sister.

Juni, 12 years old (62 points)
Juni, the youngest daughter of Marnus, has little interest in the politics of the aristocacy, though this largely has to do with her young age.  For now at least, she is content to just play the princess.  She is not, however, spoiled.  While she loves dressing in finery and going on extravagant outings, she too regails in simpler pleasures and helping those in need.  She is a happy and charming girl, and has endeared herself to most who have crossed her path.

Benilia, 57 years old (93 points)
Benilia is the mother of Marnus.  While she was a big part of his life growing up, she was never as influential as his father.  She is in many ways similar to Gracia and the two have always got along well.  They often meet to discuss happenings around the city.

Fenir, 61 years old (89 points)
Fenir is the father of Gracia and the cousin of Marnus' father Teran.  Having never had to worry about the family's affairs, he is a fairly laid back man, happy to bask in his wealth.  Nowadays he and his wife Senicila are rarely present in the city, instead residing permanantly at one of the Kraetus families many countryside estates.

Senicila, 58 years old (92 points)
A fairly bright woman, Fenir's wife has never contented herself with sitting still, yet has little interest in the complex workings of politics.  She instead busies herself with a plethora of hobbies ranging from the more mundane such as cooking, gardening and painting, to hunting and equestrianism.  She is the one who taught Lyra to ride and shoot.

Jeral, 32 years old (82 points)
Jeral has always been a bit jealous of his brother Marnus being the head of the household, but takes it in stride.  He is not so foolish so as to jeprodize the family as a whole with a coup.  He has taken to living lavishly and relaxing whenever he can.

Palea, 29 years old (79 points)
Palea is Jeral's wife, married into the family from a lesser aristocratic house.  She is not terribly bright and has little more going for her than her pretty face.  However, she is a kind heart and has always cared dearly for her niece Juni.

Kylis, 16 years old (66 points)
Kylis, like his father Jeral, has always been jealous of Marnus and by association, Teran.  The two have always been rivals of a sort, though it was mostley in good fun.  However, Kylis is much more ambitious than his father, and could prove to be a problem in the future.  He is a very skilled swordsman and tactician, having done a stint in the city militia before taking control of the family's private army.

Morena, 9 years old (59 points)
Morena is much like her cousin Juni in many ways.  She too loves to live lavishly, but is much less willing to part with her wealth, unable to see why she should need to help others when she doesn't stand to gain anything.  This has often been a point of conflict between her and Juni's otherwise glowing friendship.

Events

Nothing to report.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28:33 pm »
The Sontali Family
The Sontali Family was the lead family of a small, but somewhat advanced town along the Cunae River. When the Cuneans encountered the small town, the Sontali and the Cuneans began trading; eventually, the small town got absorbed into the ever-expanding territory of the Cuneans. Dispite not being that numerous, the Sontali had developed technology fast, and share much of this with the Cuneans. Nowadays, the members of that little town are members of the Cunean "empire", if you could call it that. The Sontali aren't all that powerful as far as the goverment goes persay, but quite a healthy chunk of the empire's technology comes from the Sontali craftsmen.

Family Members:
Eubiquis, 32 (82 points)
Eubiquis is the top craftsman of the family, and holds the master blueprints for almost every piece of technology ever developed by the Sontali. He takes pride in his work, and anything you buy from this man is of elegant design and perfect function.

Eleonidus, 64 (36 points)
Eleonidus is the head of the family. His descendants were the leaders of the little town, and now, he is the family's representative in the government, despite their position being pretty low.

Noriquane, 50 (100 points)
Noriquane is the wife of Eleonnidus, and the father of Eubiquis. She is a great weaver, and creates the garments for her family. She takes great pride in this, and stitches her town's ancient emblem onto the back of the neck of all the tops; a leaf with a pair of vines twisting around it, and a rapier blade coming up from behind it, which was supposed to stand for "peace, support, and honor", the leaf signifying peace, the twisting vines supporting it standing for support, and the rapier blade standing for honor, as the leader of the town used to carry a rapier with a small, shining piece of gold, ornately embedded in the tip, the town's most prized possession.
Technology
The some of the more notorious technologies of the Sontali are:
Arkturi: A primitive rifle, similar to the Arquebus. Though it fires only half as fast as a bow and arrow, it has almost double the stopping power, and is easier to use. However, it is more dangerous to the operator, as the explosive power used is quite unstable, and can either be overpowered and the gun will explode, or underpowered and the gun will jam. Arkturi's have features an Arquebus didn't, however, such as:
A)A clip, vertically aligned at the beginning of the barrel. Gravity pulls the next round in as the last one was fired.
B) A fused bullet: A round slug with a cartridge of black powder attached. Again, quite volatile, and have to be kept dry, or they won't go off.
Arkturi's are carried by specially trained soldiers called Legionnaires, trained by the Sontali. Pretty rare soldiers, however. And most of which are partially insane to use such an unstable weapon....

Auto-Sizer: Used when constructing with stone, the Auto-Sizer, despite it's name, isn't automatic in function, only practice. Mounted on a chassis similar to a Basilica, the Auto-sizer has a complex gear system that hammers at stone with a big chisel. It's faster than a team working with hand-sized tools, but has to be positioned and cranked. Good for projects where manpower is limited, but can be difficult to use due to their size and bulk.

Compactor: A compactor has some uses in areas covered in snow or loose dirt. It has a pair of cranks and several elastic cables, which store up this tension. Then, the device is locked, a mound of whatever needs to be compacted is shoveled in, the restrainer blocks, which keep the snow/dirt/etc from flying out from in-between the Compactor heads, are placed, and the lock is released. The two heads slam together, and compact whatever is in-between them together. It can be used to smash snow into blocks for building, and the same with dirt. Several flaws exist within the machine, such as the elastic cables snapping and killing someone, and the locking mechanism failing, releasing the heads as soon as the workers stop pulling, wasting time and energy. There have also been several incidents of the heads shattering on contact after repeated use in cold weather, rendering the device useless until a replacement set arrives.

So, what do you think?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »
I think you didn't read the whole first post.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 02:10:26 am »
I'm going to read your posts one by one and then edit in my responce in this post, so lets start with Little:

@Little: Excellent biography with very interesting characters, definitely good enough! Thery's points are 63 though when they should be 65, not that it matters as you are far from the limit of 1000 points.

@Martyk: I like it a lot! Power intrigues are a must for aristocratic RP, you are in as well. :)

@GroxGlitch: You don't seem to get it. Re-read the post, go back and maybe take a look at AToC, read the other posts in this thread and then try again. You creating technology just like that is a big no.

@Josasa: Terrance should be worth 82 points rather than 68, but you are way under the limit anyway. While brief I think your biographies are enough to prove that you have the capability needed, you are in!

Here is a quickly drawn picture of Cunae in it's current state just to give you an idea of it's size (it is not that big as you see, yet).

Important landmarks are the following:

The Inner City: The Inner City is what most who live there refer to as Cunae, they refuse to include the outer city in this term. It is the major part of the city which is located inside the stone walls and almost all houses are built out of marble or brick with roofs covered with reddish tiles.

Forum Cunae: Forum Cunae is the large square in the middle of the Inner City where most of the trade is conducted. It is located outside the Curia, from which stairs the political decisions and news are shouted out to the public, making Forum Cunae a noisy place.

The Curia: The Curia is the seat of the Peoples Senate and the Consul. It stands as the tallest and most impressive building in the middle of Cunae and was finnished just over a year ago to demonstrate the rising power of the Cuneanic People.

The temple of Ammon Victor: Ammon Victor, or just Ammon, is the most important deity in the Cunae pantheology. An impressive temple built in his honour was built in Cunae quite early in it's history and was before the construction of the Curia the largest structure in Cunae. It is easily identified by its round shape and the theme of high archs and Spiti-esque pillars. (The Spiti is a people that the Cuneans have had quite some contact with over the last 100 years through trade and during one period, warfare.)

The Outer City: The Outer City is not much to see. It originated from the small fishing huts the fishermen built to have close access to the Forum Cunae market so that they easily could transport their fish there and sell it fresh. Eventually a lower class society started to evolve outside the walls with the fishermen as the base of the economic system. Many people who live in the brick or wood houses of the Outer City work inside the walls but can't afford to live there or are not even allowed to buy property there due to their low social standing. Due to this most people inside the walls are people of moderate to good social standing (not including slaves), while the lower classes live either directly outside the walls or nearby in small villages.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:04:13 am by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:01 am »
Also, GroxGlitch, if I may make a suggestion.  Your family is small and old.  Your youngest family member is already just about beyond the age of marrying for this time period.  Your family will die out.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net