Author Topic: The Flargon  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
The Flargon
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:37:44 am »
Alien sheet: Flargon

(Section 1 -- Biology)
Type : Amphibious
Appearance : The Flargon appear as a snakelike humanoid.
Gravity preferences : Standard Gravity
Temperature pref. : 38 to 48 C
Atmosphere breathed : Hydrogen
Body cover : The Flargon is covered in green or orange scales, like that of a snake.
Body color : Green or orange
Hair  : N/A
Hair color : N/A
Eyes : Two, slits. Primary sense is smell.
Eyes color : Orange
Body characteristics : A snakelike tail.
Diet : Omnivorous. The Flargon can eat both plants and animals but it prefers meat.
Sexual reproduction : 2
Reproduction method : Eggs
Limbs pair n 1 : Arms
Mass : 200 kg
Size : 250 cm

(Section 2 -- Culture)
Attributes:
Militancy : 12
Determination : 20
Racial tolerance : 15
Progressiveness: 12
Loyalty : 20
Social cohesion : 15
Art  : 10
Individualism : 17
Body : 20
Mind : 30
Speed : 25
Lifespan : 127 years
Tech level : 7 (Early Space)

(Section 3 -- Government and Religion)
Government type : Monarchy
Religion : Elementalism
Devotion: Good

(Section 4 -- Extra things you should know)
Special abilities:
Acute Smelling
Chameleon Skin
Cold-blooded Biology
Color Blind
Fast Healing
Infrared Smelling (Sort of like a snake)
Venom

It would be colored but GIMP isn't working right now. I'll upload a colored one later.

Weapons
The Flargon have been doing research in laser weaponry recently. The have created many laser weapons, the  most advanced, however is the X-2 Laser Cannon.

Name: X-2 Laser Cannon
Function: A heavy anti-vehicle weapon.
Crew: 3 or more.
Ammunition: Charge Packs.
Shots/Reload: 1 shot/reload.

Name: RPF Laser Rifle
Function: A rapid fire laser, anti-infantry.
Crew: 1
Ammunition: Charge Packs
Shots/Reload: 24 shots/reload.

Name: SA Laser Pistol
Function: A sidearm, used when out of ammunition for RPF Laser Rifle.
Ammunition: Energy Cell
Shots/Reload: 12 shots/reload.

The DFRD (Development of Flargon Research and Development) also created Missiles (M). Lasers are referred to as L weapons.

Name: M-7 Missile Pod
Function: A shoulder mounted missile pod.
Ammunition: M-7 Missiles
Shots/Reload: 7 M-7 missiles/reload
Reload Actions: A soldier must remove the missile pod and place the 7 missiles in the back of the pod.

Starships

Scout Ships
Armaments: 2 laser cannons.
Crew: 5
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:25:49 pm by Spartan King 95 »

You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Flargon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:27:01 pm »
Oooo. Snake people, this is interesting.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »
Lasers? Not to be rude, but with a militancy of 12, I think they'd have better than lasers. I gave the Makal lasers because they're not a militant people. But lasers aren't very good weapons. Think about it. Lasers strictly deal thermal damage. No Kinetic damage, no recoil. In order to penetrate armour even on modern tanks, you'd need a very big laser. Because modern day lasers are huge, and they shoot down missiles. Even with a crew of three, that would have to be a big charge pack in order to deliver enough energy to penetrate even modern armour, that's not even considering the fact that armour is better for our creatures, which are much more advanced,and have shields, which it would need to take down. So, you would need around three X-2's just to bring down a lone tank. Because, no offence, but lasers are lasers. You don't get a different power from them. You can increase the intensity, focusing on a smaller area, but that would just make it a worse anti-tank weapon. Putting a hole the size of a bottlecap in a tank's armour isn't going to do much, and that's IF you could keep it trained on the exact same place. Same thing with rifles and pistols, they're terribly inefficent. That's another problem with lasers; they have a terrible heat problem (in fact, according to my knowledge, worse than plasma weapons, unless they fire a beam). I'm not ragging or anything, I'm just stating my opinion. If you have some capasitor or something that you haven't posted yet, then ignore me. You could ignore me anyway, I'm just saying where their stats seem to contradict, because if you're militant, you probably would have put quite a bit into Weapons Development. But other than my bit with the weapons, they seem solid and interesting. If memory serves correctly, it's been forever sence we've had a snake race.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:09:45 pm »
A bottlecap sized hole can do damn much if you punch it into a vehicle's engine, or, say, nuclear reactor.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 02:51:39 pm »
Kitkat is right, Grox. You can vaporize a tank's systems and likely crew members with a laser weapon. You don't really need to completely destroy a armored vehicle in order to take it out of the fight. But I admit, just using laser weapons won't really the best choice. Your race should at least have some type of missile or explosive/armor piercing cannon.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »
But, you see, The laser cannon has a diameter (of the barrel) of around 3 feet. It is also 4 feet long.
A bottlecap sized hole can do damn much if you punch it into a vehicle's engine, or, say, nuclear reactor.
And, as Kitkat said, boom.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:07:09 pm by Spartan King 95 »
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:20 pm »
Nuclear Reactor? Who puts a nuclear reactor on a tank? (I sure wouldn't!) But good point about hitting the engine. But still, even if it stops moving, that does not mean it can't, say, turn the turret and blow you to ash?

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:56:56 pm »
Ok, just because they don't have the best weapons doesn't mean they can't be militant. Anyways, imagine a laser with a diameter of slightly less than 3 feet. Don't you think that would do sufficient damage to a tank, I mean, enough to disable it?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »
If they shoot a hole in the turret then how will it shoot? :)
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 05:04:52 pm »
Might I recommend flamethrowers?

Or rocks... Rock Beats Laser, you know...
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:25 pm »
If it shoots a hole in the turret, then it won't do that much to destroy the tank. The point was that it would only be effective if it hit something important. You can punch a bottle-cap sized hole in the turret of a tank and it can still fire, depending on what you hit.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 05:48:14 pm »
Nuclear Reactor? Who puts a nuclear reactor on a tank? (I sure wouldn't!) But good point about hitting the engine. But still, even if it stops moving, that does not mean it can't, say, turn the turret and blow you to ash?

Space Marines from Warhammer 40k have nuclear reactors in their back packs.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 05:50:53 pm »
And? What's the point?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 05:55:20 pm »
If it shoots a hole in the turret, then it won't do that much to destroy the tank. The point was that it would only be effective if it hit something important. You can punch a bottle-cap sized hole in the turret of a tank and it can still fire, depending on what you hit.
I think its only bottle cap sized when the beam is bottle cap sized. A 3 foot diameter hole is quite more damaging. Considering most modern shells aren't even 3 feet long.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 04:41:17 pm »
Nuclear Reactor? Who puts a nuclear reactor on a tank?
Just put it on a really big tank! That'll surely work!

Oh, and lasers technically do deal kinetic damage. In fact, some people are theorizing about putting a huge laser on the moon to propel solar sails, which of course are propelled by light, i.e. what a laser is made of. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission o' Radiation.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.