Author Topic: The list of "What kinda weapon is THAT" weapons!  (Read 2101 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
The list of "What kinda weapon is THAT" weapons!
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:51:31 pm »
I was thinking. There are a lot of weapons out there that are kinda unusual or just plain weird. There are also ones that people just have never heard of. So, as a way for people to get a quick reference as to "what kinda weapon THAT is", we have this. You write about the weapon in question, that may be unknown to others, so that it helps clarify for the purpose of RPing and such. For example:

Weapon: AUTOCANNON
User: Photos
Firing: Explosive Shells of various sizes, depends on the gun.
Explanation: When you hear "autocannon", think a WWII-era AA gun. An Autocannon is a cross between a cannon and an automatic weapon. The trade-off? A smaller shell size for a much higher rate of fire.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
Re: The list of "What kinda weapon is THAT" weapons!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »
I remember a thread much like this. Made by you.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:07:38 pm »
Weapon: Gravity Beam
User: Core Combine
Firing: Lock on "Tractor Beam"
Explanation: A gravity beam is a form of weaponized tractor beam found on Core Combine Dreadnaughts. Once locked on the beam rapidly switches the polarity, effectively letting the power of gravity tear the ship apart.

Weapon: Gravity Missile
User: Core Combine
Firing: Launched Missile
Explanation: The most basic of Core Combine space weaponry, every ship has multiple silos of these. Upon impact the missile creates an unstable gravity field, capable of causing critical damage to anything inside.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 06:12:16 pm »
I remember a thread much like this. Made by you.
That was just list your weapons. In this, you're supposed to explain the more whacky weapons so that it's not so confusing.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 06:34:43 pm »
Can we still post regular weapons in this?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 06:43:55 pm »
Uh... I can't see why not....

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:16:26 pm »
Weapon: Neutronic Shredder
User: Eyecon
Firing: Accelerated He-4 atoms.
Explanation: Basically, the Shredder plants heavy atoms in whatever object needs to be gone/dead. The collision between the He-4 atoms and the atoms of the object causes the object's atoms to fall apart, usually in alpha radiation. This alpha radiation causes a chain reaction, because the split-off He-4 atoms hit the atoms within again. This goes on for awhile and afterwards there's a large chunk of whatever missing. Be it skin, metal, glass. Works better with denser materials and completely fails against iron and anything lighter. Molecules get broken apart, so living tissue is still at risk.

Basically, have an iron shield and your safe.

EDIT: not mine by the way, some person wanted to explain his contraption.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:30:00 am by Eagle »
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 07:17:57 pm »
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
User: Galdeen Coalition
Firing: 5 inch beam of particles moving at the speed of light
Explanation: The particle beam cannon or PAC has been in use for decades, it is used by both starships and armies. It is a precision weapon, useful to disable or immobilize armored vehicles and vaporizing systems on a starship.

Weapon: Plasma Pulse Emitter
User: Galdeen Coalition, Stellar Republic
Firing: A pulse of guided plasma
Explanation: Thanks to advances in containment field technology, starships can guide their plasma weaponry to any direction they want. The plasma pulse travels at a high speed, 700 kilometers per second. A barrage of these weapons is devastating to non-shielded ships, and even with shielded ships, theres a chance the sheer amount of heat the plasma pulse emits will start melting the hull plating of the target ship.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 08:16:37 pm »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:24:03 pm »
Wait... Was that...?

I think that post somehow managed to end up in the wrong topic >_>;
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:31:08 pm »
Most likely.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 05:11:31 am »
Weapon: Micro Laser Missiles (MLM) Silo
User: Orealyianis
Firing: Concentrated beams of radiation.
Explanation: MLMs work by bending the space that the beam of light is traveling on, which allows it to maneuver across obstacles. A salvo consists of several LASER emitters, sensors and space-bending devices. Once the sensors plot a trajectory towards the target, the space-bending devices warp the space between the silos and the target, thereby allowing the normally straight beam of light to relatively travel in arcs and angles. From the beam's perspective, it is traveling in a perfectly straight line, but from a spectator's perspective, it seems like it's going in all sorts of directions.

Weapon: String Energy Amplification Through Concentrated Emission of SubSpace Vibration (SEACESSV) Cannon
User: Orealyianis
Firing: Brane-propagated shockwaves.
Explanation: The fabric of time-space is agitated to create violent spatial distortions which are then channeled towards the target's direction. The energy of the resulting shockwave is transferred to any physical material which crosses its path, resulting in the destabilization of it's elementary particles and subsequent disintegration. Once the wave goes beyond the effective range, it will have lost enough energy through dispersion in order to render it mostly harmless. The same effect can also be achieved by pitting it against a sufficient amount of matter.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 05:12:59 pm »
Weapon: Back-Mounted Grenade L[/bauncher (BMGL-978)
User: Kabalu, Baluvar
Firing: Spherical Grenades
Explanation: A system that can hold up to 30 grenades, the BMGL is controlled using a gauntlet worn by the operator. After strapping the main launcher to the back, the user attaches the ammunition pack to the launcher and can fire at will. Simply detach the ammunition pack to reload.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?