Author Topic: The Message, Galdeen First Contact  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
The Message, Galdeen First Contact
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »
   When the Tri-Wexxian Empire's galaxy-wide message reached the Galdeen Coalition, they panicked. The Galdeen have never before encountered a space-faring race, minus their allies, the aquatic Luur. But they didn't have FTL capable ships and barely left their homeworld. The entire Interstellar Space Navy of the Coalition went to their highest alert status and ramped up construction on their warships in all military shipyards. All civilian traffic to the outer colonies of the Coalition ceased because it was predicted any Tri-Wexxian ships will appear there first. Every colony that was within ten light-years of un-colonized space was reinforced and fortified. All border patrol ships quickly became patrol fleets with the enormous amount of ships now in the outer colonies.

A week after the Tri-Wexxian message was received and the Coalition went to high alert, a ancient alien outpost was discovered in the newly colonized Dakios system. When it was explored, it appeared to be a research outpost, but was damaged by a meteor shower some six hundred standard Galieen years ago. Because of the damage, the only systems that survived was the research data and the comm array, the latter damaged. When they accessed the research data and translated it, they were shocked. Whoever controlled the outpost was studying every race in the entire quadrant. They had extensive data on every race, including the Galdeen. When they accessed the Galdeen research data, they had a much more extensive understanding on their anatomy then the Galdeen did. They now knew several things about the brain they never figured out about what they did and even predicted what the Galdeen would likely evolve to.

When they tried to figure out how old the outpost was, they couldn't get a clear reading. They narrowed it down to at least a thousand years old. Whoever owned the station was likely a machine race or used machines to man the station because of the way everything was set up. But then came the matter of the damaged comm system. The matter was brought up to the High Council of the Galdeen Coalition to vote on. Once the voting was done, it was decided to activate the comm system. The best engineers in Coalition space worked to get the system active again and when they did, the Military High Command made sure they heavily fortified the system with a warp gate in the inner system with reinforcements ready to assist if anything goes wrong. When the comm system activated, all it did was send out a beacon. Nothing was attached to it, but the beacon's range exceeded all expectations and reached for nearly 1000 light-years in all directions.

It also drew the attention of those not of Galdeen origin.

((Lush City posts first and note to Jack Zetter, that message sent by your Tri-Wexxian Empire was perfect for the Galdeen FC. The message belongs to Zetter.))

In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
[FF] The Message, Galdeen First Contact
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:41 am »
Sometime in the Near Future...

XLA LHOuN was in quite the harrumph. After being stationed at this dump of a dark moon to observe one of the potential Operation Ascension candidates, he was startled by a loud obnoxious blast. The small Star Saber he was given was far  too cramped to have a good captain quarters and so when he heard that they were beaten to the punch by the Wexxians of all people he was understandably miffed.  “Damn to the Houses!” he cursed,  “The Union puts us here waiting for those Chordates to ‘become ready’ and before we can so much as squeeze a pesudopod some archaic mechs from the fairy tales comes and takes our quarry!?” XLA, who took a rather, predatory, stance towards the Operation wasn’t exactly the most xenophilic of folk.  “Alert the 3rd fleet that we’re going ahead early,” he spoke to the Comm. Officer. “I got a race to uplift.”

Several Casualty-Hours later

Above the glitzy dewdrop of mud and salt that was the Galdeen homeworld, the (comparatively) massive site of the Star Saber warped into view. Careful to stay in the right side of the planet to maximize visibility, XLA kept the Saber up a bit longer than protocol dictated, if only to show off. Soon enough, enough attention would be brought to the ship that the necessary precautions could be taken, but for now, XLA was content to bask in the glory.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:38:22 am by Lush City »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
Re: The Message, Galdeen First Contact
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:38:12 am »
When the massive Star Saber appeared in Galieen's outer orbit, every alarm in the entire system went off. Galieen's massive defense fleet surrounded the Sabor. Hundreds of the massive rail gun and particle cannon defense stations and satellites turned themselves toward the alien ship. Missile destroyers fully equipped with the devastating Impactor missiles that are stationed in key areas of the outer system ready to warp in and unleash their destructive armament. Reinforcements were already being sent from the warp gate hub located at the second planet. All the while, both the Military High Command and the High Council were trying to figure out how these unknown aliens found the location of their homeworld.

A message was sent on both subspace and radio channels containing this: "This is Admiral Mukov of the Galdeen Homeworld Defense Fleet, identify yourself and and state your reasons for being here. Also, are you from the star nation called the Tri-Wexxian Empire?"
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:04:24 am »
"No." Spoke the Captain in fluent Galdeen, an artifact of the observation they did on the world.  “I have no affiliation with those metallic specters and frankly I'm rather displeased with them taking your species *slurp* madenhood before we could." "Now, I would like to speak with the leader of the nation known as Bomica, and I suggest you put those weapons down, lest you want one of your population centers to be reduced to a cinder." He punctuated the comment by powering up the saber's primary weapon, a massive energy cannon powered by hyperspace itself. "But do not be alarmed this is a joyous occasion, your race has been finally invited to join the galactic community as an equal partner and the Space Union wants to be your ticket to the universe." "Now why don’t you be a good little soldier boy and put the important men on the phone so we can talk mmkay?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:38:58 am by Lush City »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:17:13 am »
Madenhood? Thought Admiral Mukov, then he remembered the other part of the message. All that did was enraging Mukov and every ship commander in the system. The defense stations started loading/charging their main cannons, Impactor squadrons arming their missiles and not taking any chances, loading the dreaded Planet Cracker missiles. Only used once before, during the Nemesis Crisis. Hundreds, if not thousands of target locks onto the Star Saber.

"The Galdeen Coalition will NOT be belittled by ANYONE! And how in the hells of the Great War will we let you onto the homeworld when you use THREATS on us?!" Yelled the Admiral.

A thousand ships warped in from the gate hub, taking up positions with to home fleet and locking onto the aliens. The Luur's few ships were on the way too, according to the gate hub's commanding officer.

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:34:27 am »
"Excuse me, but I'm not the one who's first response to an unknown ship is to point WMDs at it.', The captain retorted indignantly. "Here, as a sign of good will, have a 'toy.'"

As he spoke these words, a small sphere rushed out from the Saber into an unoccupied field of space above Bomica. The sphere contained several various scientific discoveries on it, which it conveniently uploaded to the local internet, while gaining the attention of the Bomican civilians with a holographic classic First contact message, one designed specifically for this Operation.

"You're welcome. That probe has enough data to boost that nation’s technology by twenty years, and I can make it eighty if you put the guns away and invite me down to talk."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:39:32 am by Lush City »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:48:44 am »
The entire ship's bridge turned to Mukov. He thought about accepting it, but remembered that this alien has threaten and (to them) INSULTED the entire Galdeen race! He also remembered one of the protocols they were taught in officer academy about first contacts. If a technology-superior race offered advance technology right out of the blue when first contacted, there was a chance it was sabotaged or changed in some way that would spell disaster for the Coalition. He ordered one of the forward PAC lances to target the drone. The drone was promptly vaporized by the particle beam.

"You have threaten and insulted the entire Galdeen race with not a care in the universe! We are NEVER accepting anything from you!"

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:59:30 am »
"And how exactly have I insulted you? My government spends Billions of credits from our foreign aid department to set up this mission, and I'm greeted with guns pointed at my ship and my probes destroyed over your cities? The Ascension Program is designed to allow pre-contact civilizations such as yourselves get your foots in the door  of the Greater Galactic Community through trade and information brokering and you're throwing away what may be the largest boon to your people since you discovered fire over a perceived insult? Take a moment to imagine the honor and glory you will receive. You would forever be known as The Contactor. Today would be a holiday in your honor, School Children the planet over would know of your name and the benefits you will bring to your family and nation will be nigh insurmountable." His exposition over, the captain offered his alien counterpart a question. "Do you want to go down in history as the greatest enlightener your species has ever known or do you want to be seen as a bigot who left the Galdeen in the Dark Ages?"

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:14:07 am »
"I'd rather warp into the middle of a star then allow you to do whatever you and your ancestors damned Program to do whatever in our space! Who knows, your entire race could be like you! Or what if your so-called "Greater Galactic Community" is like you! I'd rather contact those Tri-Wexxians, at least THEY sounded like they had more manners than you! Or better yet! We keep doing what we were doing currently before you showed up! We doing doing rather fine without you." Countered Mukov.

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 02:38:51 am »
"Sigh" Look I'm new at this okay, I wasn't even supposed to be doing this but those Sejiin-Forsaken Wexxians, who yes are also part of the Greater Galactic Community, forced my hand. Look I'm going to tell you something that he race that lifted up my species said. 'It's a cold harsh Galaxy out there; you're going to need some help.' There are dangers out there that at your current capacity and tech level, you won’t be able to face alone, you'll need help from outside allies and technology just to get by. Look, all I want to do is have myself and a small Diplomatic group shuttled to your planet to speak with your leaders. While I offer you peace, technology trade and prosperity, other nations might not be as friendly. Look I’ll give you guys some time to think it over. Here, take this copy of what the probe had. You can take some time to test it out; I can ensure that the information contained within is 100 % safe. My ship will be orbiting around your moon, far from any of your equipment, until you are ready to speak gain. With diplomatic representation from your leaders." And with that, The Star Saber zoomed off.

One Galactic Standard Week Later

The dealings with the Galdeen had not gone as expected; a stubborn military commander had help off all bays to negotiate and even destroyed the probe! The Space Union High Command in an effort to make a better impression decided to send the much larger Super Star Saber, the pride of the 1st Fleet along with Chief Diplomacy Minister ARNLD WEI to aid the venture. As the week wound up, the Super Star Saber blasted off towards the Galdeen World's orbit and announced its presence, hoping for a discussion with someone of diplomatic authority.

"Attention Galdeen forces,” Spoke the minister. “We mean no harm. We have arrived with a full diplomatic convoy and ask that we be allowed to shuttle them down to talk with your leaders, we have brought a gift."

At that moment, the deck of the Super Star Saber opened up, revealing a massive carrier, filled with enough fuel to power Bomica for a month.

"Take this free boon of energy as an offering of our goodwill and proof of our commitment to peace."

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 02:52:38 am »
Galieen orbit at this time was filled with thousands of Galdeen ships. A full half of the Interstellar Space Navy was here and many more admirals had arrived with the highly respected Lord Admiral Huki in command. The data that was sent was still being studied by the greatest minds in the Coalition, but not being introduced yet into the public. When the Super Star Saber appeared, it startled the Lord Admiral so much, he almost ordered the armada (Way too big to be called a fleet now) to open fire. But he quickly got control of himself and ordered a subspace channel opened to the much more massive ship.

"This is Lord Admiral Huki of the Galdeen Interstellar Space Navy. To whom am I speaking to?"

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 03:10:34 am »
“I am the Space Union's Chief Diplomatic Minister ARNLD WEI, and I can tell by the video screen that you are the esteemed Lord Admiral Huki." WEI gave the closest approximation to a bow both species could give and he immediately found himself embarrassed. "Apologizes for my atrocious accent, I have not had  as much time to study your language as XLA and you have yet to developed Universal Translators." "Tell me, have you found anything of erred in the data we gave you, and I do hope the probe didn't shock your civilians to much," he said with worry. "I heard it was shot down over Bomica."

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 03:23:55 am »
"With something that small being fired by a battleship's PAC? Unlikely. In fact, it was vaporized. We have developed rudimentary learning translators with the number of primitive races we have discovered. And about the fuel your offering. We don't use fuel anymore. In fact, we outgrew the use of fuel a century before when hydrogen generators were developed." Huki was liked this one much better, he was acting like any good ambassador should. But now I was starting to wonder something. "I'd also like to know about your race's interest in our capitol city, Bomica. There isn't something we should be worried about under the capitol, right?"

Offline Lush City

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 03:30:28 am »
"You don't use fuel?"  Shocked, the  Ambasaador made a follow-up question. "Tell me, how many killowatt-hours* does it take for your most energy efficieent ship to transverse one lightyear, and how much does one of your genrators produce in an hour."  "As for your city, worry not, our inteligence merely suggests that Bomica is home of the culture on your planet most compatible with Space Union values, there is nothing under your great city but dead bodies and some pretty impressive archtecture." "Now, would you be so kind as to let me and my patry land, I would likr to speak with your leaders. "

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 03:44:36 am »
The Lord Admiral ordered the ship's onboard Type-2 AI to send them the data for standard hydrogen and fusion generators, but not the more advance ones being equipped onto newer ships.

"Unless you have a shuttle-craft, we could ride the orbital elevator down to Bomica. I imagine the High Council will want to talk to a much more experienced ambassador."