Author Topic: Toy Story 3  (Read 9910 times)

Offline Kidsoldier

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare (TAW)
Re: Toy Story 3
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 05:23:44 pm »
Well I liked both. So you both can shut up. :P

Also, this is pretty good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe5NIABsI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe5NIABsI</a>

Up might not have been so great.. But this is just awesome.
TAW is recruiting members now! Check it out at TAW.net

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »
That was pretty cool.

I liked that beat whats it from?

Also what was wrong with UP? It was great.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 07:27:34 pm »
@eropS
the author of the video is also the author of the music, and he used samples from them movie,

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
WOW! That is incredible then. I want to meet that man.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kidsoldier

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 11:39:40 pm »

Something about the villain having an army of talking dogs chasing an old man in a flying house through the jungle didn't work for me..

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »

Something about the villain having an army of talking dogs chasing an old man in a flying house through the jungle didn't work for me..

Booooo. Up was amazing. It was a touching story with meaningful lessons about the importance of not getting caught up in the past and learning to move forward. My favorite scene has to be the one where Charles Muntz is trying to get to Russell, Dug, and Kevin in the house and Carl has to save them. It really struck me as a powerful visual metaphor for Carl's unwillingness to leave his past behind him, and how it was threatening to prevent him from moving forward and "making his own adventures".

Cars, on the other hand, had no such moving qualities. There were certainly some funny satiric moments typical of Pixar, but since I'm neither a car buff nor a Nascar fan, I didn't really connect with it.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

gec05

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »

Really now? I thought the notion of talking cars in a world devoid of humans was absurd enough. But for either movie, Pixar has always used this form of foreshortening in their stories. You need to use your own imagination to fill in the blanks. You shouldn't be judging the movie's failure to explain all that for you.

Offline Kidsoldier

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 01:30:02 am »
Yes, but in most of their movies, their already set them up as absurd.. The world that Cars was in, was as you said.. Talking cars and devoid of humans. Up on the other hand was played out as if It was in the real and normal world without talking animals (Unlike Ratatouille). Then bam, fantasy land. I'm not a very analytical person when it comes to movies, so all I really know is if I liked it or not, and Up was definitely a disappointment. There was a couple touching moments though. But of course, this is my own opinion, and it seems that nearly everybody (if not everybody) disagrees with me, so it means I will rest my case :)

gec05

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:29 am »
And there's nothing wrong with feeling that way about the movie. It's easy to make up our own consesus. :P

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »
No matter how much they make us want to kill each other :)

I can understand the Cars 2. Bringing up their bottom line is the most logical move. "Weakest link" and all that.

(I definatly would put UP in Pixel Art's top five.)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »
I approve of the above post.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline MNIDJM

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mission: Regenesis
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2010, 03:13:19 pm »
I thought I should post this:
Lightning McQueen, his pit crew and his new crew chief, Mater, head around the world for the "Race of Champions" taking place in five different countries: Japan, Austria, Italy, a 24-hour race in France and the United Kingdom. However, Mater, involved in a case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and finds himself embroiled in his world of international espionage.

Obviously UFO, you haven't snuck into Micheal Bay's house and stolen his version of Citizen Kane. Giant radioactive exploding ninjas are the least silliest parts.