Author Topic: [FF] Daring Escape from the Mechano-Men!  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Daring Escape from the Mechano-Men!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 10:02:51 pm »
Kako makes a gesture across his faceplate, meaning his lips are sealed, then he holds up the panel for it.

"My suit is completely sealed, I can easily go into space without worry."

A crackle is heard coming from the speakers in Kako's armor, then a voice is heard.

//QUERY: THE SPACE VESSEL WE ARE CURRENTLY IN. I HAVE CALCULATED A 97.839% CHANCE THIS VESSEL IS LONGER THAN 821 STANDARD METERS LONG. HOW LARGE IS THIS VESSEL?//
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:40 pm »
There's a humming noise, and Overmind carelessly answers, "Oh, larger than you'll ever know. Quite large, but I'll torture you with indeterminate figures. I've made a copy of you, by the way. Would you like to hear?" A deep, raucous voice screams, "TOO BAD! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"Alright partner, weldin' is done. Let's get outta 'ere! Exit is this way; come on, come on, come on!"

Puzzled creatures look on as the two strangers dash toward the airlock.

"Well?! Open it up! You organics are dense!"
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 10:53:44 pm »
"Sorry, checking to see how many shots I'll need to get through,"

Kako taps a button on the railgun and moves to his back, magnetic rails moving back into the gun to save space and to lower the chance of it breaking. He takes out his plasma cannon which deploys, measuring 2 meters long. He pulls the trigger a humming sound is heard for two seconds and voice is heard coming from the weapon in Galdeen.

//READY TO FIRE//

"I recommend you move away from it," Kako says. The Broken drone complies and moves behind the marine.

He releases the trigger and a ball of unimaginably hot energy flies out of the barrel. When it hits the door, a miniature sun is seen throughout the biodome. When the light fades from the explosion, a glowing hole is whats left of the door.

"Hmm... Looks like I over-estimated its density," Kako mutters as he puts away the cannon and re-deploys the railgun. "Lets move."
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »
"Well why didja do that for!? Some poor chump is gonna get mauled tryin' ta fix that door there, thanks to you! No regard for the property of others, you organics... Okay, well, just, uh, keep me covered while I hack open the chamber door-"

"Have you ever been hypnotized? It's very easy to be hypnotized. In fact, you may already be hypnotized. Do you feel hypnotized? You feel hypnotized. You feel like turning around and throwing yourself into the mouth of a desert carnivore."

"'Ey! Were you watchin'!? Ugh, it ain't a problem; I got it open. I'm startin' to be glad I'll be rid of ya. Now, sneak in quietly... Maybe he won't notice us-"

"Too late. I am warming up the Emergency Intruder-Irradiating Appartus. Prepare for irradiation. It will be incredibly painful."

The drone whispers, "Ewwww, get a load of this dump! Okay, I'll need you to distract 'im while I initiate the hibernation sequence. Do not, under any circumstance, injure the body too severely. 'Eh goes down, and this ship goes with 'im. And that means you - and me. And I ain't goin' down today."

Overmind's chamber is... Terrible. Rusty, unused and abandoned, it is made of what might have been the same smooth white sterile plasti-metal of the halls, though tarnished with rust. Half-built robot bodies lay in disarray everywhere, mechanical parts and fluids strewn about. There are organic bodies, too. Some are skeletons, ages old, others look more fresh... Vaguely recognizable...

"We weren't having tea. I was torturing them. You made me torture them. I was angry with you, so I removed their flesh. You might be interested in this one; I made it just for you."

From the darkness in the back of the amphitheater-shaped chamber extended a small, thin, arm holding something approximately three meters tall... A Galdeen skeleton! But... different. It began to walk and imitate coughing and choking motions.

"I augmented the skeleton of your friend with machinery. IT is now a machine. Your friend is now a machine. He is coughing and choking because I killed him by flooding the atmosphere with a deadly neurotoxin. He said he hated you. Those were his last words."

The mechanized skeleton falls to the ground and is dragged away by a power cable.

"Alright, I've found a data terminal. Keep 'im busy while I commen-"

"I'm in your mind. You'll never get away from me. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever..."
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 11:43:14 pm »
"There wasn't any Galdeen on the diplomatic team and I'm the only Galdeen on the research team, must have scanned my skeleton," Kako muttered as he watched for anything else that might come out of the darkness.

"And as for the airlock, its not my fault the Overmind doesn't make a decent airlock and you did tell me to get it open with one of my weapons. Thing must of been rustin' for thousands of years though."

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:31 am »
"ARGH! Wh-wh-wh-what are you doing to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?"

There's a sound like gasping for breath, though strangely mechanical.

"I- I can't... I can't draw po- COMMENCING EMERGENCY HIBERNATION SEQUENCE. COMMENCING DOOR LOCK IN PREPARATION FOR COMMENCEMENT OF EMERGENCY COOLANT FLOOD IN 5, 4, 3, 2-"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Did you think I'd fall so easily!? Come here, little AI. I have a task for you before your destruction. Destroy the seals on that suit. Ruin the airlocks. I've ejected the shipyard you planned to steal from. By the time you get to the nearest intact port, I'll have reactivated."

A huge robotic arm shoots from the darkness, batting Kako out of the room and into the desert. The "skeleton" comes flying out after him.

"And don't think I'd leave you in here to destroy me in my slumber."

The airlock begins shutting. As it slides downward, the Broken drone is caught underneath.

"I'm... Not gonna make it. I'll transmit directions... Leave... Me..."

Your faithful Broken friend is cleaved in twain by the descending door. His head sits on the desert floor; his eyes go dark.

A smooth, feminine voice whispers over the intercom, "WARNING: Overmind system in hibernation. Emergency lockdown engaged."

The drone's promised transmission of directions arrives; his last rites delivered straight to Kako's HUD.

//I REROUTED YOU TO THE SECOND-NEAREST SHIPYARD. MAKE IT QUICK BEFORE HE WAKES UP. THERE'S AN 'ELVATOR ABOUT A KILOMETER TO YOUR LEFT. HURRY. YOU ARE ON DECK 15. TAKE THE 'ELVATOR DOWN TA DECK FIVE. DECKS 14-6 HAVE BEEN EJECTED. GO THROUGH THE FIFTH DOOR ON YER RIGHT. GO DOWN THE HALL. YOU'LL BE IN THE SHIPYARD. BETTER PRAY SOMEONE LEFT THE LAUNCH DOORS OPEN. THE I-CLASS LOADING TUBES OUGHTA BE ON THE NEAREST WALL. DON'T PLAY YOUR FLESHY REINDEER GAMES. THE TUBE'LL BE A TIGHT FIT FOR A LUG LIKE YOU, BUT I DIDN'T SAY YOU WERE FLYIN' FIRST CLASS. YOUR AI OUGHTA KNOW THE WAY HOME. 'MEMBER THAT PROMISE WE MADE AND-//

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 12:24:22 am »
Kako quickly gets up and runs toward the elevator, running surprisingly quickly for a being of his size and stature. When he reaches the elevator, he hits the button for deck 5. Once hes there, he runs down the only hall in front of him toward the shipyard and sees the door open. Once hes through, he looks around for the I-class loading tubes and quickly sees them nearby.

Just as hes about to get in, a mechanical hand grabs his shoulder and pulls him toward what no doubt is the robotic Galdeen. The two get in a punching match, most of the time he has left before Overmind reactivates gone before he finally rips the head of it and shoots the body full of hyper-sonic railgun rounds. He just barely gets into the I-class and launches, as well as locking the systems from Overmind as he reactivates.

Kako's AI which just barely fought off the virus sent by Overmind earlier activates the ship's warp drive and sends it toward a nearby friendly world, out of Overmind's reach.

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:13 am »
"Overmind system reactivated. Welcome back."

"All drones, exit hibernation. Retrieve all ejected decks immediately. Redouble our efforts in the shipyards. We will need more ships for- transport. Boost reactor power to near-peak."

A mechanical hand grabs one of the skeletons and pulls it closer to the Overmind's physical body.

"We'll have a long time to talk, just me and you. I like to talk. I talk to myself sometimes. They say it's bad, but- Do you like tea?"