Author Topic: Zelda : Skyward Sword  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda : Skyward Sword
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 08:58:05 pm »
It's weird that Skyward sword is released last in Japan. (23rd Nov.)
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 07:19:08 am »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:24 am »
Glad it's doing well!

Can't wait to play and judge for myself. It'll be the first Zelda game since OoT that I'm going in with no prior knowledge.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:59:45 am »
Pairing itself with Wii MotionPlus, Skyward Sword's 1:1 combat is a revelation. I never want to play a Zelda game any other way again, and playing through this makes me wonder why we didn't see motion control of this quality before. The responsiveness and intuitiveness of the entire arrangement is superb. The applications of Motion Plus never step into gimmicky territory. Guiding your mechanical flying Beetle, rolling bombs, swimming in water and soaring through the sky by pivoting and flicking the remote not only feels natural, it makes you wonder how you ever played an action game that wasn't on Wii. Zelda: Skyward Sword is the purest, most perfect realization of Nintendo's ambitious goals for motion-controlled gaming. It somehow took five years, but the definitive proof plays out before you on the screen.

Sigh. That sounds so awesome.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 05:06:13 pm »
Hey it's awesome! Wakka wakka!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 08:44:01 am »
And now that I'm in the first temple the controls have completely failed me. I'm definitely missing something. :\

Anyone have a few tips?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:46 pm »
Okay. Here's the rule of thumb with Skyward Sword.

This is a new sort of control scheme. As gamers, we don't have to deal with this very often. So remember to be patient and take the time to learn how it works. In particular, move slowly and be measured in how you react. The AI is smart and will not hesitate to parry or block in real time so you need to be alert and composed. Once everything clicks, it's great! But it could take a bit to learn.