Author Topic: The Wexxian Empire  (Read 30659 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Wexxian Empire
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »
By the looks of it, a few Wexxian sectors are practically right next to the galaxy's center. I'm going to assume theres a super massive blackhole there, aren't the Wexxian worlds in those sectors at risk with the amount of radiation being emitted by the blackhole?

Indeed quite right. The many super massive black holes in the core region make it a hazardous area to most species. Both the heavy radiation and the unstable gravity wells are dangerous to navigate through and stay in. There are though, small pockets of "Safe Space" between the whirling storm of radiation. The Wexxians used their technology to navigate through these and establish a supply route through the core during the Infinite War. There are small colonies along the way to serve as emergency repair stations and fuel depots. The Wexxians predict that these safe zones will last for about 400-to 550 years. Many of the Wexxians Shipyards and Weapons Research facilities are also located in the Core.

Wow, the Wexxians really took a level in Badass. From robo-hippis, to Synthetic Galactic Empire in a few decades!

To be fair, Meridian is a lightly populated galaxy. The Infinite War raged for more than a million years before the Wexxians arrived. Most of its inhabited planets where desolated by the war and trillions have died over the ones that weren't just bombed from orbit. There is only a small handful usable planets in each sector... meaning that the Wexxian Empire only covers 974 Inhabited Systems... Ups I guess that should be 973 now. Without Void!

Many Empires in Origin has had more systems under their control during their time.

The Empire is also mostly a lose coalition of member nations. Any planet or system can secede from the Empire with a majority vote. The Empire was never meant to become as big as it did. The Wexxians simply conceded to allow Emperial membership after the S'etskarp and Soahc Wexxians DEMANDED to be let in.

Originally just a System to manage the systems under their control in the Great Barrier War. The Federal Imperial system proved so popular that within the first ten years of the Tri-Wexxian Empire, more than fifty percent of the known galaxy had applied for membership. It might also have something to do with Teaz kicking the Dark One's ass in front of the entire galaxy.  :D

Funny how things happen.  ;)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 07:38:33 pm »
It might also have something to do with Teaz kicking the Dark One's ass in front of the entire galaxy.  :D

Mostly this!  :D

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 02:10:14 pm »
Gotta love our very first Lawful Neutral (rather than Lawful Evil) Empire.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 03:32:24 am »
Quote from: Jack Zetter
... the Wexxians eternal love to you all!  :)

*salutes*

Indeed!  :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 04:31:59 am »
Iím not dead, Iím just busy with my education. Sorry for the lack of updates, both here and in the RP section. Iíve been suffering from writerís block and a grueling amount of C# coding from my web teachers.  :P
I have a sub-plot planned for the Nameless Invasion, but I canít write it at the momentÖ but I can give you a sneak peak at what Iím working on at the moment.

The Axon Project:

3D College DK where I am being educated as a 3D Graphic Designer requires its students to create and animate a character for their second year. Itís one of the biggest projects we undertake during our time here, so it will count as a part of our exam. We have already spend a good deal time on concept art (Something I an incredibly bad at!) and are now to begin the modeling of the actual character.

I have decided upon Axon as my character. He has always been my favorite Wexxian and is the most developed and successful RPG Character I have ever created.

As I said, I suck at concept art! But I hope it conveys the general idea, I have chosen a humanoid configuration because itís easily recognizable and doesnít require me to explain his abilities and background story at every other turnÖ  He was supposed to be wielding the Avengerís blade, but I couldnít get the shape right.

As for those of you, who do not know who Axon isÖ HE. IS. AXON!  8)
For a full account of Axonís life, told by Axon himself, See the Burial of Axon tread

I hope to hear some comments and/or suggestions!  ;)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 06:54:48 am »
You may suck at concept art, but your still way better than me when it comes to art.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2010, 07:09:53 am »
-AWESOME 2.0-

*bursts into multicolored flames*

He has always been my favorite Wexxian and is the most developed and successful RPG Character I have ever created. in the entire Spore forum.

No need to be modest, Jack!  ;)

Man, this is going to be totally awesome, seeing him in motion!  ;D

So nostalgic, brings back memories of when we had a Spore-based flash game with all sorts of different races.

You go, Jack! Good luck on this project!  :)

Here's hoping things run smoothly on your end!  :)

And yes, I totally recommend that those who aren't acquainted with the one and only Axon should totally read the funeral thread like, totally.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:11:34 am by Yuu »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2010, 05:32:19 am »
Axon Project Update: Character Modelling.

I wanted to give a update on my project for school. This model has been my life for the last ten days.
Itís taken longer than it was supposed to, but Iím a slow workerÖ anyway, the model is done now and ready for the next step: texturing!

This is my first Ďseriousí attempt at a character model and as such Iíve made a lot of mistakes and it has been through a few restructurings during the creation process. In the end though Iím fairly happy with the way it all worked out and my teachers have approved of my mesh.

Iím planning to use a cartoony texture to keep from a too realistic feel of the character and maintain the feeling I managed in my concept art. After texture it will be rigging and skinning and then finally lighting and animation.

I hope you like this update. I will post the next step as soon as itís done. I appreciate all comments and suggestions.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:07 am »
Reminds me of a Quarian.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 04:20:41 am »
I've always felt the inverse.  >_>

In any case, DANG...  D :

That thing is the sick!   8)

Would look totally wicked if placed on an actual RPG program!   :)

Kudos, Jack! Awesome work!

Your efforts are well worth it!  :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:58 pm »
Awesome Axon render!  :o

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:16 am »
Axon Project Update: Axon Blade.

This Saturday will be the day my class and I go to Seattle for a course in animation. ;D To that end Iím expected to be done with models, textures, background, animatic and video referenceÖ this Friday! Completely reasonable, but I am far from being done because of my erratic workflow  :P. Still Iíll get it done somehow.  8)

Todayís Update is about one of my props: Axonís sword:

Wexxian Artefact: The Sword of Axon

Type: Plasmic Energy Blade projected from Nanite hilt.

Length: Variable.

Physical Mass: Variable. True Mass: Unknown.

Weapon Reach: Unknown.

Power Source: Unknown.

Tech Level: 4+.

History:
Originally forged by Lord Axon using Nanites, morphable in both blade and hilt, the Blade became the prototype for the Wexxian Ion-Blades that are still in use. Axon was however not satisfied and continued to tinker with his blade. As a last addition before his demise, Axon made the blade able to self-upgrade; by mimicking technology and absorbing energy it came into contact with.

After the death of Axon and the destruction of the Catalyst, the Blade was returned alongside the body of Axon by the Jang. The Blade was unresponsive after its masterís demise and was placed in the Captainís Cabin on the Independence; Axonís old flagship.

Until the appearance of the second Avenger the blade remained inactive and impervious to analyse while the Independence was turned in to a museum.

After the resurrection of Teaz as the Avenger, Teaz declared that he needed ĎHISí weapon and went to collect it. After 150 years of slumber, the Blade activated again and was used by Teaz until his death.
The Blade returned to its dormant state again until it reacted to Litaria.

After eleven years of possessing the Blade, Litaria is unique in the aspect of having had the sword for the longest time and with the least reaction to it. Some speculate that this is due to Litaria not being willing to accept her role as the Swordís master. Others theorise that it is because the young Síetskarp is not the true Avenger, but merely a vessel that the blade has chosen to carry it to its next rightful owner.

Description:
The Avengerís Blade is undoubtedly the most powerful Wexxian artefact in existence. Precisely HOW powerful is unknown, as Wexxian attempts at analysing the blade has yielded no results except a slight dimensional flux.
A few facts are known about the Avenger Blade:

-   It absorbs Energy and replicates technology.
-   It has destroyed a number of Catalyst (Semi-Ascended Species. ID: 04-0001. Threat Level: 4,0)
-   It Killed a Nameless (Semi-Ascended Species. ID: 04-0026. Threat Level: 4,5)
-   The Blade is inter-dimensional. The Main bulk of the swordís mass is not in this dimension.
-   It has incorporated the Battle-Armour of Teaz into its hilt.
-   It has only been reported to respond to: Axon Tagan-Enerva-59-2, Teaz Alwes-Enerva-01-2 and Litaria Teaz-Enerva-03-02.

It is unknown why the blade responds to some but not others, it is suspected that the Blade consciously evaluates if people a worth wielding it.

The blade has never been reported to communicate with its wielders or anyone else, but it is still possible that the blade in fact is sentient, given its behaviour regarding wielders and technology.

Litaria Teaz-Enerva-03-02 is the last known wielder of the blade. But her whereabouts are currently unknown as she disappeared shortly after the 47íTh RRF. lost contact with Meridian.

Render Test of the Blade:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7RG3LcT1E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7RG3LcT1E</a>

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, I am really swamped with all this work... and myself being so lazy!  ;)
Anything in particular that you would like the next update to be about?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »
SWEET!
Only thing is, The pulsing on the sword render looks a little slow, speeding it up a bit would look better, in my opinion. :)

gec05

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 02:15:39 pm »
I think it gives it a mystical look to it. I like it.

Nay, it is awesome. Maybe I should ask you to model something.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 05:05:10 pm »
DOUBLE SWEET WITH SUGAR ON TOP!

I'd take this sword over Soul Caliber any day.   ;D ;) 8)

I could totally see it now...

"The ultimate Wexxian blade. Forged by the Reclaimer himself.
The Avenger's presence draws out the blade's true form and power."

If the blade ever gets the chance to assimilate Culture-tech that would be all sorts of awesome!  ;D