Author Topic: By Order of the Emperor  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
By Order of the Emperor
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:46:46 pm »

The Knight of Vengeance

In the empty void between the stars, the fabric of space time tore a hole in itself. For a micro second, the middle of the tear bridged reality with itself… one place existing two places at once!

Reality itself cried out against this violation of its order and lashed out against this blasphemy with all its might. Lightning streaked in all directions as fiery flares of plasma roared in righteous fury.

And as quickly as it had begun; so it ended. The tear closed and the hellish energy dissipated into the cold space, leaving only a ship with flaring shields.

Inside, sitting quite calmly, sat the being that had just violated the order of the universe, surveying the unfamiliar stars, with a cold gaze from his photonic receptor.

‘So this is home? I wonder… how many people will I have to kill here?’ He mused morbidly to himself, as he always did when arriving in a new place.

‘As many as I have to!’

//
This is the Imperial Wexxian Battleship VINDICATOR, Captain Verys Speaking…

As of this moment, this Galaxy is considered a Protectorate of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.

Any trespasses, or attacks on this territory will be regarded as direct attacks upon the Wexxian Nation and will be responded to as such!

I repeat; as of this moment, this Galaxy is considered a Protectorate of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.

This is the will of the Emperor!

Verification Code: #7365527-252:
T.W.E. Rapid-Response-Fleet: 0047; “The Knights of Vengeance
1’st Knight. Commander Verys Deleros-Enerva-02-3.
//

Verys looked around the lonely bridge of his ship, stretched himself lazily before deciding to report his arrival to fleet command back on Void.

Void… His home was now so very far away. Infinity separated him from his people and his family, his wife and daughter.

But a wretched sinner as him could not afford to hope for a happier life.
What he had done and what he would do, made him what he was… A Demon; for that was what the Empire needed him to be!

“Protect Life and Freedom!” Verys told himself as he read his orders.

“And destroy those who get in the way!”

(OOC: Well, there it is… My “Sorta return of the Wexxians, but not completely” RP!
A little dark perhaps? Oh yes!
What’s going to happen next? I haven’t the slightest clue…  :D well I have plenty But that would be telling!  ;) )
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:31:01 am by Jack Zetter »

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Re: By Order of the Emperor
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:02:50 pm »
((This is an RP? Cause I definitely thinking of joining...))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:04:37 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:08:37 pm »
((Most definitely an RP, my first in a LOOONG time. It will be interesting to see if I remember how to do it  ;D))

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:13:47 pm »

Meanwhile…

Core Combine Inner Worlds: Felron

Felron… it had been hit hard recently during the first contact war. But iron will, fierce determination, and a single-minded goal had brought it back to full efficiency, granted, certain systems where still minimally damaged but it was only a matter of time before those minor scratches where brushed off, barely even a sign that they where even there.

Felron: Central War Hall

Deep underground, past miles after miles of tunnel networks and bunkers laid the war hall, inside countless Skrall commanders where milling about doing day to day task, cataloging new conquered worlds, enslaved species, as well as regulating data to its proper locations, all was going smoothly until a certain anomaly was detected.

//ALERT ALERT ALERT: ANOMOLLY DETECTED: MASSIVE POWER SURGE DEVELOPMENT NEAR SECTOR 58!//

//TRANSMISSION DETECTED//

As of this moment, this Galaxy is considered a Protectorate of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.

Any trespasses, or attacks on this territory will be regarded as direct attacks upon the Wexxian Nation and will be responded to as such!

T.W.E. Rapid-Response-Fleet: 0047; “The Knights of Vengeance”

//

One of the Skrall inside the war hall looked up questionably, dumbfounded by the transmission.

“Wexxian? IMPOSSIBLE!”

Another Skrall took a more analytical approach to it…

“Wexxian: Searching-Scanning-Cross Referencing. Scanning Galactic historical files: Found! Wexxian: Ancient Automaton of the old galaxy. ERROR: Wexxians abandoned this galaxy long ago: Conclusion: IMPPOSIBLE.”

“Course of action?”

“Send a Gonorak probe to scan. We must get to the bottom of this.”

“Redirect the nearest battle fleet to the sector. Prepare for confrontation."

"Inform a speaker quickly!" Another Skrall chimed in. "The Overlords must hear of this!"

Open Space

In response to the massive reality bending anomaly a smaller one took place soon after, space shimmered and warped as a small Combine probe appeared, if these where truly Wexxian they were dealing with than this would have to be done carefully. With the Wexxian ship now in the probes sights the Core opened a channel.  

//Unidentified vessel, power down and await boarding craft, Skrallification and interrogation procedures will proceed shortly.// The alien spoke with a harsh electronic voice, it pitch alternating between high and low as it spoke.

A short distance away the Core battle fleet loomed, intending to jump in and strike should things turn ugly. (Which may be very likely)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:28:09 pm by SimplyNecro »
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:08:40 am »
Verys considered the probe that was approaching with a mixture of amusement and indignation.

Honestly, they could at least send a warship to empathize their point… it didn’t even look like they were TRYING to scare him… a little effort would have been nice!

//
This is the Wexxian Destroyer Vindicator, responding to your request.

Not a chance in hell!

Contact your military command and tell them to come and face me. Bring your biggest guns! 
//

Verys smiled in spite of the situation.

‘Come on now… Impress me!’

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:28 am »
((A Tri-Wexxian destroyer piloted by a person with a very familiar sounding name versus a Core Combine battle fleet...

This is going to be a massive curbstomp...

... at least as far as main-ness of character is concerned... ^_^

Will post by tomorrow. :)))

Offline martyk

• Arrgh, Me Be A Pirate!
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:45:18 am »
"Sir, wide-band broadcast incomming!" came the voice of the communications officer on deck.

"Well, patch it through." droned Captain Sisik Terel in a monotone voice expressing his supreme boredom.  "Let's see what we've got this time."

Its understandable that he would be bored.  His small patrol fleet had been drifting aimlessly around the borders of Kratairian space.  Not that there was much to defend.  It was simply a show of power, a way of denoting what was theirs, empty as the void was.

His was suddenly snapped to attention as the message came through,

The Wexxians?  They had returned?  Well this certainly was a surprise, and a pleasent one at that.  He quickly arranged for the message to be rebroadcast towards the home fleet, as well as indicating his intentions to divert the patrol to greet the returning Wexxian ship.  And with that, a section of space dissapeared, the small Kratairian fleet with it.

Moments later a short ways from the Wexxian vessel, a section of space seemed to shimmer for a moment.  Suddenly, there were Kratairian ships there where there hadn't been moments before.  Activating communications, the Captain broadcast a simple message to the visitors.

//
Attention Imperial Wexxian Battleship VINDICATOR.  This is Captain Terel of the Kratairian Republic Navy capital ship Fortitude.  We would like to welcome your return to the sector on behalf of all members of the galactic community and are willing to offer you any assistance you require.
//
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 11:44:31 am »
Open Space

The Core did not respond back. It was over, negotiations terminated. If Captain Verys was intending to taunt the Core, which he was obviously doing, he succeeded with flying colors. Once again a distortion in space appeared, but this time the energy reading where much higher. The first ship that appeared was a gargantuan Core Combine dreadnaught every battle fleet had at least one or two of them for when the big guns where needed. The second the dreadnaught was settle in the rest of the Core battle fleet made its self known. If there were two things the Core believed in it was “bigger was better.”  And “quantity has a quality all its own.” Surrounding the dreadnaught and carriers was a small swarm of battleships and surrounding them was an almost uncountable swarm of expendable destroyers and frigates. If Wexxians were asking for a show of force from the Combine then they were going to get it a thousand-fold.

Dreadnaught Bridge

Several Skrall, all connected to the hive network allowing instantaneous command and communication with their ships and crew, sat on the bridge, either floating on gravity platforms or wearing  power armor, the slug like creatures discussed what to do about this…

“Course of action Warlord?”

“Ready all missile bays, all batteries open fi-” The Skrall was interrupted when another Skrall suddenly chimed in.

“Warlord! A new fleet has appeared! It appears to be of Kratairian origin.”

“Open a channel! They will not interfere!”

Seconds later a channel opened up to the Kratarian fleet, the harsh electronic voice of the cyborg alien was hardly pleasant.

“Warning: The Wexxian battleship designated the “VINDICATOR” has threatened to attempt hostilities against the Core Combine, we will respond in kind and you will NOT interfere!”

The Core was indeed not joking, already readings could be detected that suggested the Core ships where already powering up their weapons.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:51:47 am by SimplyNecro »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »
Verys grinned at the assembled Core Combine Fleet… this looked like it might be entertaining!

“Should I disengage the locks of the T-4 systems, Commander?” The shipboard AI requested.

“No, that shouldn’t be necessary. This is only an evaluation after all.” Verys replied.

//
Thank you Captain Terel. Your gesture of greetings is appreciated.

Unfortunately my mission is not of a diplomatic nature. I’m here to ensure that this galaxy’s defensive capabilities are ready for a possible invasion.
I will personally evaluate the native military powers and see if they can measure up to the Empire’s strict standards.

As a matter of fact, the fleet you see here is about to be evaluated. I trust that you will not interfere of course. I shall submit a request to your military once I am done with this lot.
See ya!
//

The smallish (1km. Small compared to most Wexxian Ships) Destroyer turned and advanced on the looming Core Combine Armada.

//
You people don’t disappoint. You didn’t even let me have to wait for long. Full Marks so far!
So, how is the traditional way to start combat in this galaxy. Do you want me to give you a head start because you are the first to be evaluated? If so, then why not make it interesting. How about a bet?

Oh and introductions, of course!
I Am Commander Verys Deleros-Enerva-02-3. First Knight of the Lady of Vengeance. Proud Servant of the Tri-Wexxian Empire and Her Nations.
//

Verys orders were not exactly that he should evaluate through combat. But he was a practical machine… this was not to be taken lightly, so he’d make sure they could take it.

“Computer, play something. I think Torpalian Heavy Metal would suit these guys well!”

‘So, the violence begins!’

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:45 pm »
The ASC Resolute was a part of the latest generation of Austian war carriers. It was quite plainly a monster of a ship, housing a good 2000 fighters with matching pilots, with about half as many heavy bombers housed there as well. As is standard with any Austian ship, all of it's workforce were either trained marines, marines in training or marines training other marines; the guy who fixed the BSODs was also a 5 year Commando a quarter way through his service. This wasn't the case with all Austian ships, of course, but the Resolute was built as an example of the might of the Austian fleet; naturally only the cream of the crop were entrusted with running it.

Size-wise it wasn't as formidable as some of the coalition made dreadnoughts, but it was a hellish beast when it comes to manueverability, getting in close within seconds and swarming weak spots. In most similations, it was equal to any other landmark space fighter, the winner was therefore the most talented, intellegent and lucky Captian in the fight. So, Captian Vaater had a huge responsibility on his hands.

//

I repeat; as of this moment, this Galaxy is considered a Protectorate of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.

//

Fun.
You're in my way, sir.

Dude, you're dreaming that you're a pony.  I don't care how good the show is.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 04:35:37 pm »
Open Space

Once again the Core did not respond to the Wexxian transmission, once negotiations were terminated all bets where off, no more talking, all business. The Core fleet where in battle formation, all weapons readied and primed.

“Core Combine fleet in battle formation Warlord. Orders?”

“Forward units, launched all gravity warp missile salvos, that should be far more than sufficient for a ship of that size, but if it is somehow still functioning then move in and finish it off!” The alien warlord replied “I want that ship wiped from existence!”

“There will be no attempts to disable and board the ship Warlord?”

"Only if it become practical."

Seconds later the missiles were fired, multiple blue stream streaked through the vacuum of space, when they impacted they would create an unstable, rapidly shifting, gravity field. These where not warning shots, the Core was shooting to kill. As soon as said missiles were fired more of the Core ships began to move in, firing off heat rays, graviton bolts and gravitic rail guns as they got in range, obviously overkill perhaps for only one small ship, but the warlord obviously wasn’t taking chances.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 05:56:20 pm »
Verys was not bothered in the slightest by the silence of the Core fleet. Nor by the sight of the incoming missiles. It would be only fair to let them have their first shoot.

The missiles impacted on the Vindicator’s shields. Warping the gravity around the ship. However, the Vindicator was not swayed so easily. Resting defiantly within its own bubble of normalized true-space.

Making sure to add extra credit, for the use of Graviton Technology in battle. Verys canceled the surrounding effects as they where interfering with his analysis of the other weaponry that where now raining down on his shield.

The graviton bolts and rail guns earned decent points too.
Next to test their speed and maneuverability.

The small Wexxian ship powered up its Inertia Drive and accelerated faster than a MAC projectile. Past the oncoming armada with 50% of the speed of light. Coming to a sudden stop behind the Core.

//
I have a question; one that you MUST answer, if you wish for me to take you seriously.

Because, it is the most important and fundamental question for any warrior.

Why do you fight?
//

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:07 am »
Elsewhere...

Shanara paced around the palace's throne room, unable to ease himself due to the turmoil that erupted within the GPA and the related civil war within the USSS. And all of it happening just days after that one person disappeared without a trace.

"Ugh, what do we now?", the Orealyianis prince slumped with a shrug into the set of steps that lead to the ornate seat which served as the centerpiece of the entire chamber. "If things go on like this, it'll be the Milika-Supara War all over again.", he said while unenthusiastically raising his head to meet with the one sitting on the throne.

"It is their own choice, the fault lies not on others such as yourself.", the seat's occupant encouraged him. "You're probably thinking that something's just not right within the PSR's government. I just want you to know that I also feel the same way, as well as everyone else."

The figure on the throne stood up and offered his hands to the slouching admiral, "As a king, it's my job to help you out. And if there's one thing I'm good at, it's being determined to do what I must." He then smiled at him with both hands as he clasped one of Shanara's, "Likewise, the rest of your family, your friends, your crew, your ships, your people and everyone else in this galaxy that wants to end this conflict, they're also watching your back for you. Isn't it about time you do the same thing for them, like you always have?"

As his words resonated with Shanara's emotions, the admiral rose from place with his help. Trembling slightly, he returned to his normal self as he absorbed the meaning within the monarch's advice. "Foriza...", he said with renewed strength of heart.

"Now go.", he replied. "I'm sure our brother Folizi has his reasons.", the king sent him off.

Folizi has his reasons, I'm sure of it.

And if I know anything about him, it's usually very good.

Alone once again, he returned to his throne as he checked his schedule for later in the morning. It was apparently filled to the brim due to the issues that current plagued the GPA, and to a lesser extent, the USSS. He didn't have much time to mope about it, however, as he would soon come face to face with a very startling news.

Just as the king's back finally rested on the throne, the doors were bombarded with a massive barrage of strong and hurried knocks. "YOUR MAJESTY! YOUR MAJESTY!", the messenger words roared with great urgency.

"Luza-", the king tried to answer back after recognizing the person's voice. He was cut off, however, when the young apprentice revealed the exact nature of the sudden development.

"THE WEXXIANS HAVE RETURNED!"

The king sprang from his seat and leaped towards the doors before casting them to the sides and grabbing the other Orealyianis by the shoulder. "Luzanara.", the monarch's grip began to tighten. "Is this true?"

"Y-y-yes...", the apprentice answered timidly. "Your Majesty?"

"Pack your things, inform Shanara and ready the entire First Fleet.", Foriza answered with a sense of authority.

"Yes, your Majesty."

Open Space

A small portal of light sprang forth from the vast nothingness as a single scanner-form variable armor made itself known to the nearby Kratairian fleet. It was a forward scout sent ahead of the rest of the First Fleet, which will arrive moments later.

//
Attention Kratairian Republic Navy units, this is Simari-04 of the Orealyianis First Reconnaissance Wing. We would like to request the current statu-
//

The pilot was put aback as he became aware of the nearby Combine fleet which was apparently engaged in combat.

//
We would like to request the current status of the situation.
//

Offline martyk

• Arrgh, Me Be A Pirate!
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 12:22:12 am »
Captain Terel's eyes widened slightly in surprise at the Wexxian's message.  A test?  This seemed an odd play for them, but so be it.  The Kratair were among the most powerful naval forces in the galaxy, and if the Wexxian's wanted a test of their resolve, they would have it.  The message was forwarded back to central command as the scouting fleet watched the Wexxian ship engage the Combine.

Moments later, an Orealyanis ship arrived, with a fleet no doubt not far behind.  Not wanting to be distracted from the events happening before him, the Captain had a transcript of the transmissions between the Wexxian ship and their own forwarded to the newcommer.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 12:31:39 am »
"Finally ones who think with flare, nothing like the weaklings we've observed aside from the Core." Supreme Admiral Vor'Das observed after hearing of the news about the Wexxians. Unlike what was happening up until now, he was intensely intrigued by this event, as were a majority of the operators and admirals in the room as well. "They have a very long history in the ancient galactic community, do they not?" Said Admiral Hetakas, another high-ranking individual in the military. "Very intriguing.... I want a full standard stellar war compliment converging on their location as soon as the coast is clear. We have to, of course, say hello..." Vor'Das said. He had some plans in mind.

Deep within the cavern complexes of Brithora, orders were dispatched to the many dispersed patrol fleets meant to lure the rest of the galactic community to the Riether, this test would be MUCH more interesting than the rest of the majorly pacifistic galaxy would provide.

"And how are repairs on the RIS Dakara going? I want to be there personally for this little 'exchange'..."
"I, too, would like to be present for this evaluation. Would You do me the honor of allowing me to take the Riether Imperial Ship Ri's compliment as well?" Hetakas spoke up again.
"Yes, I think we may need your superior tactical abilities, Hetakas."

"In the meantime, send a probe to spy on them a little, I'd like a visual feed." Vor'Das said. This was extremely exciting, and most in the room would probably be watching the main probe feed like a Sunday football game.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls