Author Topic: The War of the Lords  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
The War of the Lords
« on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:40 am »
The year is 2057.

Forty-nine years since that fateful day.

The day when everyone raised their heads to the skies, and witnessed their unforeseen arrival on this small world.

As people begin to question the nature of these new arrivals, and the knowledge that they carried with them, the world was plunged into a highly secretive war that spanned the entire globe.

Nations, organizations, even individual people began to pick sides amongst the so-called "Visitors," who all seemed to have fallen into their own set of conflicting factions.

I am working for one of those factions.

Scion Industries.

Based in the heart of the Negev Desert, it is the second largest corporation on the entire planet.

Focusing on highly advanced energy-based technologies, it is the most successful in its industry, with almost half of the world's high-end equipment bearing its universally recognized insignia.

Yet despite having bent international policies to its favor for the past half-century and forming strong alliances with the majority of the Western World, not to mention possessing the world's third largest paramilitary organization, no one can still escape the fact that even the world's largest companies find it impossible to avoid the constant damage dealt by the hidden war.

In reality, they were the ones who started it.

Not all organizations are benign.

Some seek to conquer others in methods not at all in accordance with the rule of the law.

Scion is merely defending itself by lashing back at its highly aggressive competitors.

Or so they say.

Regardless, it is in no way alone in its struggle.

A coalition has been formed between Scion and several other companies, hoping that through their combined strength they can finally rid themselves of the collective thorns that have long been lodged in their backs.

Part of my job description is to handle those affairs, and to apply brute force whenever it is necessary.

In accordance with my mission, I am scheduled to meet the Director of Scion Industries himself.

Despite directly speaking to his subordinates on a very frequent basis, no one actually knows the Director's true face.

Much like the other "Visitors," everything about him, is a complete and utter enigma, save for a clothed human form and a face which dampens the minds of those who try to decipher it.

Some extreme rumors even propose that their identities are mysteries even unto themselves.

Thankfully, that's not what I really need to know in order to do what I have to do.

Knowing his calm and collected personality, whether it's original or just another facade, is good enough for me.

"It seems everything is in accordance with our current schedule.", he said to me in a marginally positive tone as I entered his office and saw him facing the window. His entire body was hidden from behind his chair, which bore the corporation's insignia.

"Good morning, Director.", I said as I approached the center of the small yet generously lit chamber. It was actually too bright for my tastes, though of course I was not going to spend the rest of the day here so such a thing should not be my primary concern.

Several hours passed, much to my chagrin.

Still, it was not as bad as it sounds like.

I was actually commended heavily for my efforts in the past few weeks, something which should inspire me to perform my job better.

Eventually, our conversation came to a close and I was simply awaiting his closing remarks.

"Congratulations, _________ .", he said. "You are free to go."

Well, well, well...

Indeed, it seems to have slipped my mind again, probably due to lack of sleep.

What is our full name again?

And while we are at it, what again is our age and sex?

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Lords
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:17 am »
Sturgis Cannonballs
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:42 am »
Sturgis Cannonballs
Female
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 04:04:46 pm »
Sturgis Cannonballs
Female
Totally this.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »
I also want that.

But she has no boobs because a lion ate them when she was 5.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 04:22:48 pm »
Actually the lion only ate one.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:25:30 pm »
Yeah but a doctor removed the other for balance.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »
And she was also brutally raped by said lion. So she walks with an odd gait.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:42 pm »
Sturgis Cannonballs
Female
Totally this.
Yes, this, but ignore what Tesla said about it. It creeps me out.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:32:26 pm »
Yeah but a doctor removed the other for balance.
No, to maintain balance the doctor moved the breast to the center of her torso.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 05:33:41 pm »
YEs
To everything but what Dr.Octagon  said
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:44:23 pm »
"Congratulations, Ms. Jukyu.", he said. "You are free to go."

I was slightly put off when I heard the Director call my name.

My true name was, rather unaesthetic.

Sturgis Cannonballs.

I decided to change it to my current one, Jukyu Sutarugi, which is simply a rough Japanization of the original.

It also served to help me forget about my past, which I would rather not dwell upon.

Well, let us get back to business...

Recent intelligence reports suggest that a rather sizeable force of mercenaries commonly working under Seth Corporation is about to stage a previously unforeseen assault on our Moroccan research facility situated just off the Mediterranean coast.

Intelligence suggest that will likely come from the east.

They will most probably perform a naval offensive, judging from the vicinity's terrain.

Olympus Energy, Remus Armaments and Euro Corporation are all tied down with their own problems at the moment so their assistance in the matter is highly unlikely.

We have five options.

Relegate a detachment of our Mediterranean fleet to the site, but risk reaching the fray too late while simultaneously weakening our hold on the Suez.

Relegate a detachment of our North African land and amphibious forces to the site, but risk damaging uninvolved parties and the entire issue going public.

Perform a preemptive strike on their home base, but risk damaging uninvolved parties and the entire issue going public.

Perform a preemptive strike on their attack force, but risk biting what might be bait as the real attack force destroys the facility without much resistance.

Ask for the Big Three Europeans' assistance with the matter, but risk our relationship with them getting sour.

What to choose?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »
We have five options.

Relegate a detachment of our Mediterranean fleet to the site, but risk reaching the fray too late while simultaneously weakening our hold on the Suez.

Relegate a detachment of our North African land and amphibious forces to the site, but risk damaging uninvolved parties and the entire issue going public.

Perform a preemptive strike on their home base, but risk damaging uninvolved parties and the entire issue going public.

Perform a preemptive strike on their attack force, but risk biting what might be bait as the real attack force destroys the facility without much resistance.

Ask for the Big Three Europeans' assistance with the matter, but risk our relationship with them getting sour.

What to choose?
Ask the Big Three.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?