Author Topic: The WORST movies you have ever seen.  (Read 112285 times)

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: The WORST movies you have ever seen.
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2006, 12:36:24 am »
The Resident Evil films are the worst I've seen.

I'm a Milla Jovovich fan (or I was one anyway), so I went to see the first film by default.  I hated it.  And to make matters worse, I noticed a wart on Milla's forehead that must usually be hidden behind her hair.  To see such a flaw shattered the illusion of her physical perfection.

I must have repressed the memory though, because a year or whatever later, I watched Joan of Arc and was once again captivated by Milla's beauty.  Then I learnt that the sequel to Resident  Evil was being released, so I convinced myself to go and see it.  Resident Evil: Apocalypse was even worse than the original - quite a feat.  To make matters worse again, I noticed the wart which I had forgotten about.

It makes me ill to think such bad film makers got my money, but I was an idiot.  Reminds me of the saying: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Suffice to say that I won't be going to see Resident Evil: Extinction.  It's sad that such a promising actress has been reduced to making such garbage.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2006, 03:03:49 pm »
hah! Speaking of Milla Jovovich, I watched Ultraviloet last night. I'm adding that to my list.   Visually it was fun to watch.. but the movie itself was so bad ..so very very bad... so bad... so bad... bad bad bad...
My karma ran over your dogma

c14dude

« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2006, 03:36:34 pm »
i liked the re movies.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2006, 01:58:20 pm »
I liked them too.

House of Wax was a cripplingly bad film...except when Paris Hilton is impaled through the head. That will teach you to keep pathetic rats as dogs.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
RE 2 was passable, though I thought that the first one was garbage.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2006, 09:30:33 am »
I hate all movies that have ripped the "little dead girl" since her first English-language appearance.

She is the most over used gimmick in horror movies now.

Sick Freddy Krueger on her!

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2006, 05:27:29 pm »
she's a good icon for corruption of innocence and fearing that which should be safe. I agree with you, though that bringing her into a hollywoodised atmosphere where directors feel the need to PERSONIFY her like in ring 2 where they gave her a voice and motive (mummy) is really awful.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2006, 10:02:14 pm »
Little dead girl?

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:10 pm »
sure, little dead girl like in The Ring and The Grudge.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2006, 12:05:18 am »
I hate all movies that have ripped the "little dead girl" since her first English-language appearance.

She is the most over used gimmick in horror movies now.

Sick Freddy Krueger on her!

The little dead girl would wipe the floor with Freddy. And I felt what was done with the story in Ring 2 was an atrocity. They turned Samara from an enigmatic entity of exquisite evil and seering hatred into a lonely little girl who wanted a mommy. I've heard the remake of the sequel was a separate story from the original sequel though, and actually paralleled the original and remakes of Dark Water. Which wasn't scary either, just sad. Seriously, it made me cry.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2006, 11:19:21 am »
But we see her everywhere now! She is over used. Beaten to death!(no pun intended) I don't just mean in the ring series, I see another dead little girl in almost every horror movie commercial! It is really annoying. :P

And the Freddy Krueger joke, isnt a "who is scarier" comment.

And I would rather not explain why Freddy is a natural antagonist of a dead little girl here...

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2006, 05:15:21 am »

Ah I havent seent the ring or the grudge.

Offline MechanicalMonarch

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • The Monarch means King, not butterfly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2006, 03:07:28 pm »
Battlefield Earth and Super Mario Bros.

Battlefield Earth just seemed like a movie someone dreamed up while trying to breed dollar bills.  No real good story and a cheap story that is a black mark on Travolta's career.

Super Mario Bros. wasn't bad as a movie, although it was a bit weird.  But I hate the spin they threw on Nintendo's franchise.
"It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear." -Douglas Adams

An optimist sees a glass as half full, a pessimest sees it as half empty.  An engineer sees that 50% of the glass is wasted.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2006, 01:42:11 am »
But we see her everywhere now! She is over used. Beaten to death!(no pun intended) I don't just mean in the ring series, I see another dead little girl in almost every horror movie commercial! It is really annoying. :P

And the Freddy Krueger joke, isnt a "who is scarier" comment.

And I would rather not explain why Freddy is a natural antagonist of a dead little girl here...

I'm not talking about who's scarier either. I'm talkin' about who has more ass kicking power. Can't really speak for all little dead girls, but Samara would mess Freddy up.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2006, 02:47:20 am »

Ah I havent seent the ring or the grudge.

*Shows Cobra an unmarked videotape*

Well, you should. For gods's sake, just don't watch the American remakes.

I tend to think of the "creepy kid quota" when I watch horror movies. If there's more than 0, the quota is overfilled!