Author Topic: My second race, The Galdeen  (Read 13354 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: My second race, The Galdeen
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »
Portraying brains as  organic wi-fi computers that can be signal hacked or programmed.

And the golden rule of writers block, when in doubt, Tv Tropes.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »
And the golden rule of writers block stupidity, when in doubt, Tv Tropes.
Fixed that for ya
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 11:05:49 pm »
Portraying brains as  organic wi-fi computers that can be signal hacked or programmed.

. . .

I'm sorry, but what? The closest thing my brain can come up with what you said is S'Jet connecting to the Homeworld Mothership and I know thats not even close to what you just said.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »
I think he meant using a computer to hack into creatures that have very sensitive electromagnetic senses.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:06 pm »
Just like you can hack into a wi-fi computer  (or use spyware) by portraying brains as wi-fi computers you could semi-plausibly "hack" them.

Right Yuu, although in this case it would be a Brain evolved (or designed) to hack into other brains like a computer (which,technically it would be.)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:55 am »
Ah, ok. I get it now. My race's brain isn't evolved or designed to do that.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »
Well, now I'm incredibly bored right now.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 07:33:39 pm »
Robot Ninjas. Make it work. When ever I get Writer's Block (almost never) I string together a few random words and make a story out of it. Works every time.  :)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »
Ok... Here I go.

Robot ninja bears of doom crossed the rainbow to get a jar of peanut butter. How 'bout that?

gec05

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 08:00:14 pm »
Robot Ninjas. Make it work. When ever I get Writer's Block (almost never) I string together a few random words and make a story out of it. Works every time.  :)

That is actually the worst thing to do.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »
God damn it.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
The Project

A secret project started by the Galdeen Military High Command in 1216 AGW, based in the Mekios solar system, no one really knows what it's propose is. There are many rumors stating on what they're building at Mekios, the most likely based on all the new technology being researched and transmitted, number of starships and personal, and sheer amount of materials being sent there, is that they're building a massive starship. This theory was reinforced when a civilian freighter scanned a suspicious military convey carrying parts for what looks to be a massive engine that no current Mark 1 or 2 ships could use. Some say this could be the rumored Mark 3 starship, a vessel even bigger than the Mark 2 Type 2 carrier.

At 1227 AGW, a month after the first Galdeen singularity generator was successfully tested, intended to replace the aging hydrogen and fusion reactors as city and Mark 2 ship reactors. A unusual anomaly that strangely matched the readings recorded during the singularity generator testing, was detected in the Mekios star system and was moving, soon after, the military declared martial law in the entire system. This prompted a smuggler to look to see what was happening in the system and to see if he can confirm the rumors surrounding the system. He returned a three hours later with heavy damage to his ship. He says he saw the biggest ship hes ever seen, partially constructed, but mobile. He also reported he detected readings that match that of a artificial singularity.

None of this can be confirmed though as the smuggler was suffering from some delusions from massive blood loss, but this is the only proof anyone has gotten on what the military is doing at Mekios. No further attempts to investigate was attempted as the number of patrolling ships tripled making it nearly impossible to get in without anyone noticing.

Thats all I have for tonight. Give me any suggestions you have for this.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:46:51 am by Galactic-Warrior »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:58 pm »
Man, I sooooo wanna get the Galdeen FC up and running. Theres so many good things happening! The Wexxians returning, a Beast-like virus discovered, its driving me CRAZY!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:09 pm »
Plasma Technology

Plasma technology has been in research since the year 1201 AGW. The original reason for this was because of theorists saying that by 1250 AGW, the power need for Galieen and all of the colonies would exceed the power output of current and likely future versions of hydrogen and fusion reactors. Scientists said that plasma would be the most likely technology they could research and complete within a reasonable time frame. Even then, it took decades to master.

As of 1234 AGW, plasma technology is perfected and the first safe and efficient plasma generators are constructed on New Galieen. The generators' output is twice as much of that of the most advance fusion generator at the time. Soon, more compact and efficient generators were made for use on starships.

But not long after, the Military High Command ordered research to begin in using plasma as a weapon. With the Tri-Wexxian Empire's galaxy-wide message and the First Contact with the rest of galactic civilization, railgun weaponry were deemed to be not enough to face any hostile aliens. It took 3 standard Galieen years, but two usable types of plasma weaponry were made that soon became the norm of Galdeen starship weaponry.

The first plasma weapon is the Plasma Pulse emitter. The name is mostly self-explanatory except its guided. As with the needed energy field to contain the plasma, scientists improved the field's radius and be able to guide the plasma pulse round so warships don't have to reposition itself to fire. Because of this, a warship can fire all of it's pulse emitters in any direction and as a bonus, it can use the same type of emitter as point-defense lasers.

The second plasma weapon is the Plasma Torpedo launcher. What makes it different from the pulse weapon is that it Launcher first charges up a large blob of plasma, and shoots it anywhere within 160 degrees of the direction the launcher is facing, generally at the front end of the ship. When fired, the torpedo is slower than a pulse round, but more destructive. Most types of shielding aren't able to block the heat the torpedo is generating and depending on the materials used in the construction of the hull, starts melting, weakening its strength and making it a "softer" target.

Other devices made using plasma technology is plasma flares used by fighters and bombers to counter head-seeking weaponry, much better than the regular flares. Infantry plasma weapons are quickly replacing laser-based cannons and are likely going to replace the railguns in the future.

(Note: I have added several things to the History section if your interested.)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:49 pm »
Mark 3 Titan

On the year 1240 AGW, the Project was completed and the much rumored about Mark 3 mothership eased out of the construction yards of the Mekios system. Originally, the ship was supposed to be a somewhat larger and more powerful Mark 2, but with the massive amount of new technology discovered over the decades, the Project was changed to make a ship bigger and better than any ship ever constructed before, a Mark 3 starship. The Mark 3 ship was dubbed the Titan made flagship of the entire Interstellar Space Navy with Lord Admiral Huki Monka in command.

The Titan is a leap in ship design, using access to the new and stronger metals and alloys the Space Union has, making the Titan strongest in terms of armor plating in the entire Galdeen sector. The Titan and future Mk 3 Type 1 "titans" are armed with hundreds of plasma pulse and torpedo emitters with several heavy plasma cannons and a powerful spinal-mounted magnetic accelerator cannons dubbed the Impactor Cannon. And thats not including the point defense lasers, and forward particle lance cannons and thanks to the unique power source that powers the Titan, makes it's plasma and laser weapons have a longer range. (Last time I checked, the longer range you want your energy weapons to be, the more power it takes to contain the destructive energy) And with two dozen shield generators all over the ship, adding to the power generator core, makes the ship's shields very hard to crack.

The primary energy source that powers the Titan is not of any known origin. In fact, it was found by a patrolling ship in 1239 AGW on a derelict wreck. Nothing that was on the wreck was made by any of the known races of the galaxy, suggesting that it either came from a race that chooses to hide themselves, or come from another galaxy. The generator proved to be intact, even though it was shaped strangely like a half ring. When it was fitted onto the Titan and tested, it used a singularity as a power source and overloaded every power conduit on the ship. A improved power grid was installed and it could handle the massive amount of energy generated by the core.

The singularity core proved invaluable for powering the wormhole drive made by Galdeen scientists with assistance from the Space Union. The power requirement was so massive, it required a entire planetary power grid just to make 100 light-year jumps. With the singularity core powering it, its estimated that it can 50,000 light-year jumps, maybe even to the other side of the galaxy in one jump.

Overall, the Titan is powerful enough to be able to take on a medium sized fleet by itself. Because of that, the mere mention of the Titan heading to any Coalition system instantly silences any pirate activity there. The Titan and later its successors are much feared.

And this is the result of the Project, though I doubt we'll be seeing the Titan for a good while. This is a true mothership, it can carry hundreds, if not over a thousand fighter craft. Enough landing ships to transport the literal army thats onboard for planetary invasions.

EDIT: This is my third version of it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:03:06 pm by Galactic-Warrior »