Poll

It's a puma, right?

Mhmm...
Narp.

Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC  (Read 44474 times)

gec05

Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2010, 06:47:53 pm »
Name: Keel
Species: Komodile. A large crocodillian species derived from Earth, spliced and modified to give them their partial albinoism, ridiculous antennae, and bioluminescence. They were introduced into normal society after their approval for racial independence, releasing them from their captivity from genetic experimentation, which was deemed illegal in most interracial systems and colonies.

Bio: Keel was born and raised in the largest interracial cities in the galaxy. Evidently he lived quite a colorful life in the short years. He took up journalism in the recent years after rehabilitation. He was once a rowdy drunkard, now he lives as a freelance journalist. He wasn't quite sure why he picked it, but he felt that a career in journalism would allow him to see the galaxy, and pry into the world of conspiracy and secrecy. He tends poke in on anyone's business, always taking notes on his tablet. But all in the interest of finding the truth. His career went off on a shaky start, but once he got the call to be aboard the Sidereal Hour, he hoped he would find the story of his life. He always likes to keep on a pair of sunglasses, perhaps as a way to conceal his emotions. He never tells anyone why. And he does occasionally smoke a cigarette. Though he's not too happy about Sidereal Hour health regulations.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:08:17 pm by Gec »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2010, 06:51:14 pm »
APPROVE A THOUSAND TIMES!

But yeah, looks fantastic. And the bio is pretty great, too! Just to point something out that Gec did really well. The way he used Earth is about how we should use it. You can mention it and whatnot but otherwise we're not going to go there in-depth, at least not yet. So nicely done, man. I think Keel and Zori may get along very well, as they both seem interested in pushing through all the secrets and lies.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:48 pm »
Hold on hold on...

You're saying that the Phai are the only source of this dust that powers anti-gravity? And that, despite the Galactic Senate having already been in place (which implies years upon years of established galactic travel), there was no other cost-effective way to conduct space flight? Is that what you're saying? Because that's really stretching it. It's absolutely illogical. Though, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure if that is what you meant to say... because I can barely read your post.

What are you doing Lush? I can't figure out why your writing is so articulate in The Message, Galdeen First Contact and yet so lacking in this RP. You need to explain this.

No, the dust was just the popular resource of the time, like coal or oil. The Senate existed before then but it was in the midst of a PD based technological revolution very recently so Myrinoi's importance gained a boost.

And Kwik-ass pic Gec.  8)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2010, 07:29:59 pm »
Cool.
That 'gator is awesome. I cannot describe its full power in words.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2010, 07:52:10 pm »
Hold on hold on...

You're saying that the Phai are the only source of this dust that powers anti-gravity? And that, despite the Galactic Senate having already been in place (which implies years upon years of established galactic travel), there was no other cost-effective way to conduct space flight? Is that what you're saying? Because that's really stretching it. It's absolutely illogical. Though, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure if that is what you meant to say... because I can barely read your post.

What are you doing Lush? I can't figure out why your writing is so articulate in The Message, Galdeen First Contact and yet so lacking in this RP. You need to explain this.

No, the dust was just the popular resource of the time, like coal or oil. The Senate existed before then but it was in the midst of a PD based technological revolution very recently so Myrinoi's importance gained a boost.

And what of the second half of my complaint? Do you have an answer? Much of this could have been avoided if you retained the same level of competence you appear to show in other RPs.

gec05

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »
"Hmm, I didn't know they allowed journalist here, and aren't your kind the more party hardy type?" Snarked Hay. "Well, in any case I'm Deputy Director of Security Hay and I'l be free to answer any of your questions." "Within reason." She  quickly amended.

Lush, if you could, delete this portion in bold. I think it's best that you leave out the preconceived nature of the Komodile, given that this is a new universe and a fairly new face.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2010, 10:49:57 pm »
In regards to the picture Gec put into the RP topic.

He's the only person allowed to do that. :P

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2010, 06:22:31 am »
Awesome Gec.  Awesome.  Also, that picture of Keel is your new forum avatar.  Make it so.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2010, 04:14:40 pm »
Name: Obfuscated Beneficence (OB for short)

Age: Freshly manufactured (as long as a Reen is under 30, age is largely irrelevant)

Species: Reen. A machine species governed by a super AI. Reen drones such as OB appear as long metallic cylinders with sic crab-like legs protruding from the bottom. The sides of the cylinder open up to reveal small hands attached to the body via thin cables. The hands hover around, but need the cables for power and control. They have three red triangular eyes on the front of the cylinder and two wiry antennae on the top left. A drone can also store quit a few tools. OB would likely contain various medical implements and supplies.

Bio: Constructed solely for the purpose of accompanying the Sidereal Hour. His primary function is as a doctor/surgeon for organics, primarily to gain new information on organic biology that may be disseminated through the hive upon his return. He has some skill in electronics and software, though only as a side effect of his own mechanical nature. OB himself is extremely rational and curious. Interests include conversation with organics, observation of organics, inspection of organics and repair of organics. He is fascinated by all the problems with organics, and has a slight superiority complex. While most Reen have no gender, OB is defined as male to make it easier for organics to relate with him.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:21 pm »
Looks good! See you in the game.

We don't really have a doctor yet that knows alien biology so OB will be a very logical addition to the away team. Especially after the crapfest that was Mission One. :D

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:30 pm »
 :'( Better than that other [CU] Rp was was it's name again? Voy...

...age...

of something?

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »
Looks good! See you in the game.

We don't really have a doctor yet that knows alien biology so OB will be a very logical addition to the away team. Especially after the crapfest that was Mission One. :D

Yep, I specifically picked an unfilled role so that I wasn't that guy, trying to horn in on someone's job. That and I liked the irony of a machine that repaired organics.

EDIT: How do I introduce myself? Do I just appear, or dock in a personal craft, or, or...?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:33:09 pm by art_is_a_mathform »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2010, 09:38:29 pm »
We can just assume that OB has been on the Sidereal Hour the whole time but that he wasn't chosen for the first mission. There are probably a lot of people on board so it's not unlikely that the team haven't met him yet, since it's still very early on in the trip. We'll say that due to some of the complications of the first missions, OB was chosen to join the team for the second mission because he has knowledge of xenobilogy. Or something like that. :D

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
Ah the retcon, where would we be without you?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »
It's not a retcon at all.

There's probably over 100 people on board the Sidereal Hour and they've only been out for about a week. Maybe less.