Poll

It's a puma, right?

Mhmm...
Narp.

Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC  (Read 44527 times)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2010, 11:14:00 am »
Oh well. It had to come up sooner or later.

*braces for argument*

Are psionic powers a no-no? I was having second thoughts about them myself...

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:48 am »
IMHO screw it. If it gets to godmoddy we can nerf it or tack on some drawbacks. Let it ride;you seem cool enough.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2010, 11:36:47 am »
No magic in a world without magic. That is all.

However, I thought of doing an arc on a planet where somehow the magnetosphere intersponds with the whosits-layer of the outer hard crust and it causes the people on the planet to get what could be called superpowers... but only while they're on that planet. So don't throw away your superpower ideas yet, I've got something in the works for you. :D

But yeah, nobody has special powers otherwise.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2010, 01:10:11 pm »
Name: Isaak Turend
Species: Human
Bio: Born on a small colonial world on the edge of civilized space, Isaak's childhood world was one of eking out what food he could from the meager crops that were grown there. Traders rarely came to this desolate planet, and all the colony ships had long been transformed into various structures and refineries. His parents long dead, Isaak was facing a dull life as a farmer. He hated everything about this planet. Since he was very young he would spend whatever he could spare on various items from the traders: little gadgets, books, stories from other worlds. In this way, he taught himself many things, mostly of a technical nature. When he was 13, luck struck and he found an old, wrecked ship and spent the next 5 years finding the necessary parts to repair it, and finally get off the forsaken rock he had known as home.

He spent the next few years wandering from planet to planet, barely managing to acquire enough money for food, let alone parts to keep aged his ship from falling apart, until finally it just couldn't fly anymore. He found himself on a relatively populated planet where he developed a reputation as being able to fix nearly any piece of technology, no matter how advanced or alien it was, from fusion cores to laser rifles and everything in between. Rumors said he could take an object apart, reassemble it and understand almost perfectly how it functioned. His drive, once again, became to acquire enough money to either buy his own ship or attain passage to a better world. Once again luck struck, and he was chosen to be a crew of the Sidereal Hour.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2010, 01:32:46 pm »
Interesting.  I like it.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »
Looks fantastic, Dragon! You're free to jump into the RP whenever you're ready. :)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:50 pm »
I hope I accurately described the Drill-thingy correctly. It works by sucking out the innards of a planet and shooting them into space for easy harvest right?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »
Hey Oct... what are you doing? The story is going this way and you're going that way.

All you've accomplished so far is to totally isolate your character from any of the goings on. It's all about him and not about how he fits into the story. You need to write the larger story, not just your character's story. And really, the way he's acting is just plain annoying. Normal people (or aliens) with any sense of social constructs don't just blurt out random things like that. It sounds like he's drunk or trying to bug people.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2010, 04:17:42 pm »
Darn. Oh, and in a bit of world building here PD is what powers anti-gravity, it's pretty much a cross between Unobtainium from Avatar and Nth Metal from the DCU (Only it mostly occurs in dust form.)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:27 pm »
He actually comes off as autistic.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2010, 04:22:09 pm »
Shock and/or awe.

Also, is that what PD does? Good to know I guess. But... I still have no idea what Hay just said. And the post looks very rushed. Come on, Lush, you were doing really well for a while there. Don't let up now. I've seen your other RP work. You're not skimping out on us, are you? :P

**EDIT**
Who has an energy crisis? Why is it happening? How many are impacted by it? The last arc just flooded the market with fuel.

Maybe write up some lore for the things you can't really say in-character.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:24:21 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2010, 05:14:43 pm »
It was a continuation of the same thought from the previous post, breaking up the quote would just be egregious but hey FREESTYLE.

MYRINOI

Founded: 1806
Independence Day: December 31th (13/31-IFC)
Primary Import: Weapons
Primary Export: PD (Solid Forme)
Racial Demography: 93% PHAI-6% HUMAN-1% DRASIL-0.5%-OTHERS (VANIR not included)

Inhabited for centuries by the native Drasil, Myrinoi was first colonized by the great generation ships X12 years ago. The genetic augmentation that was given to the immigrants (short stature, modified melanin, over sensitive ears) being the first in a long line of deliberate post humanism in Earth-based colonization efforts. Myrinoi, when it first joined the Galactic Senate, the first Phai who was appointed a seat in the Galactic Ministry would go on record as having said, "Hwa isti withr alnaz ža žakjan unda skit?”** The highly Nordo-Germanic culture of the Phai can be seen as brooding towards some though comedic do to their small size and violet skin tone. Myrinoi played a significant war in the Unification Wars as dust-form Pyske Dūst was the only economical way to preserve stable anti-gravity tech, which was the primary mechanic of the age (Modern Ship propulsion, kinetic weapons and the domestic application of Gravity on space -Ships all originated in this era.) As result Myrinoi gained a lot more economic pull in the Senate, whilst still being severely abused by several companies most notably Dos-Iris Clemency Expert INA and it's nigh-dictatorial CEO/CFO Trinyous Sequentius. As a result there has been much stress between the planet, the people and corporate developers with tensions rising to the point that the recently flooded energy market has caused a bout of deflation and renewed interests in "transferring" over to PD. With this new position of power there is no telling what my happen…

* The 31st day was part of an extended holiday celebrated on Myrinoi, December has only 29 days and 30 on leap years.
** "What's with all the togas and ****?" in native Phai.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:17:40 pm by Lush City »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »
Hold on hold on...

You're saying that the Phai are the only source of this dust that powers anti-gravity? And that, despite the Galactic Senate having already been in place (which implies years upon years of established galactic travel), there was no other cost-effective way to conduct space flight? Is that what you're saying? Because that's really stretching it. It's absolutely illogical. Though, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure if that is what you meant to say... because I can barely read your post.

What are you doing Lush? I can't figure out why your writing is so articulate in The Message, Galdeen First Contact and yet so lacking in this RP. You need to explain this.

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2010, 06:32:38 pm »
Accepting new participants? Maybe a Reen?
Don't mean to intrude...
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2010, 06:47:10 pm »
Absolutely! We've just started Arc II so there's still time to jump in.

Check the first post of the OOC topic (this topic) for the rules and the character submission template.  The one big thing you need to know is that if you're using an old race, you have to bring them in with a blank slate. Also, no OOC chatter in the in-character topic. Otherwise, submit your character and we'll take a look at it and you'll be good to go! :)