Poll

It's a puma, right?

Mhmm...
Narp.

Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC  (Read 44404 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:12 pm »
Vote for me for Arc II! :D

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2010, 12:43:13 am »
I could tell!  ;D I was just over there and I saw how we had over twice as many posts. Oh well. But thanks for the compliment, we here at Sidereal Hour do our best to present the optimal role playing experience.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2010, 03:16:33 am »
ADVISOR's Report

The Stidurbian Affair

Team performed adequately given unexpected resistance and unorthodox team assignments. Combat situations handled well, stealth not a strong point. Four out of Five of the DiRossi success tenets satisfied. Recommend crew involved receive psychological evaluation to gauge the effects of the mission's distressing conclusion and develop a course of mitigatory action.

Notable Team Members:

Custodian Irkuff performed as well as could be expected given that he has no training at all and should not even have been assigned to the mission. A request has been filed for information regarding this crew assignment. If Irkuff is to be sent on further away missions he should at least be promoted to able crewman.

Deputy Security Chief Dubhglas Hay did not perform as expected, being impulsive, hotheaded and unwilling to listen to orders and advice. Officer Yas Colvero will not be punished for breach of protocol in dealing with the deputy chief and will in fact be recommended to replace Hay in the event of another display of poor performance.

Protocol Droid R5 seemed rather more capable in combat that one would expect of a beurocratic model. Scans are also showing anomalous energy readings inconsistent with R5 models. No doubt another unorthodox crew assignment form corporate. Nevertheless, performed above and beyond the call of duty, was instrumental to shutting down Asglot's contraband technology.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2010, 03:51:36 am »
Yay for Meta-reviews!

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2010, 05:25:05 am »
ADVISOR's Report

Notable Team Members:

Custodian Irkuff performed as well as could be expected given that he has no training at all and should not even have been assigned to the mission. A request has been filed for information regarding this crew assignment. If Irkuff is to be sent on further away missions he should at least be promoted to able crewman.

LOL.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2010, 05:54:05 am »
Yeah, thats just the character though. You did fine O :)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2010, 05:09:37 pm »
So I made a stridurban concept by request. >_>

Enjoy:

Don't know yet if I will ever colour it.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2010, 05:12:48 pm »
Nice! I love that!

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 03, 2010, 08:34:36 pm »
Name: Alexandre A. Archambault
Species: Human
Physical Description: Blonde hair and blue eyes. He is about 5'9" and 210 lbs. He is fairly muscular and his hair is crew cut.
Bio: Born on a small planet, Alexandre left home after failing to graduate from High School at the age of 22. He wandered the massive mountain ranges of his home planet and four years later signed himself to the planet's military. In the military he saw no action and quit on his 30th birthday. He was dropped off on a nearby planet and was lucky enough to become a crew member of the Sidereal Hour.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:13:47 pm by Bagder Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2010, 09:08:09 pm »
Badger, the Sidereal Hour isn't picking up tourists.  You can't just "get on" it.  The entire crew is hand picked.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 03, 2010, 09:12:13 pm »
Will fix.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2010, 09:30:20 pm »
Well, there's still the problem of why he would be picked.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2010, 10:51:11 pm »
$$   The Galactic Profit   $$
---

GalSen Inquiry: "Corporations Are OUT OF CONTROL"
Several Leading Companies Implicated

A recent inquiry by the Galactic Senate has singled out several of the largest corporations and labeled them as "out of control". This inquiry was launched by senior Senator Ivotek el'Irk of the Vitraxian Consortium. It is believed that his actions were in response to the destruction of a DiRossi research facility at the hands of Siaco mercenaries. Unsurprisingly, both organizations are at the top of the list of the galaxy's most irresponsible companies. And of course both are tied for first. Taken as a whole, the list is nearly a carbon copy of the TGP200 aggregate of top-performing business organizations. But what does it all mean? When reached for comment, Senator el'Irk's spokesperson said the following:

"The Senator believes strongly in ratcheting up corporate oversight in light of recent and past transgressions. It's a constant battle to keep regulations at a level that protects the public while allowing the corporate sector to flourish. Very few of the current Senators remember the last major market disruption and so this has of course led to the current lack of oversight. The Senator's goal is to help prevent the normal cycle of boom and bust from continuing. He wants to regulate before the crash, rather than after. This, he believes, is in the best interest of his constituents and the corporations serving them. The inquiry has made several recommendations that should help keep things at a manageable level and prevent any sort of crash. Continued prosperity is good for us all. And that is what the Senator will deliver."
~Savaad Tek (Spokesperson for Senator el'Irk)

We took some time to look over the inquiry's recommendations. First and foremost were several pages of friendly competition rules, the types that would prevent what those in the uninformed media see as open warfare between companies. We at The Galactic Profit think we speak for everyone when we say that this is a bad idea. How else will corporations be able to protect their assets from people and groups wishing them harm? The rest of the recommendations only get worse. Major cuts to salaries and huge boosts to benefits serve only to stifle corporate growth and the proposed tax hikes would kill fledgling businesses. To get a better read on how the major players in our industry are reacting to this inquiry, The Galactic Profit contacted Rejidad Ho of Siaco Investment Contractors (SIC) and Frederika Laas of the DiRossi Experimental Science Concern (DRE).

"Personally I think the Senator is getting a little out of touch with the way things are done nowadays. The years are obviously catching up with him. Did you see him at the GM's inauguration? He barely made it to the top of the Rotunda. Anyway, I don't think these new 'recommendations' are going to do much of anything. Really, if the Senator wants to make a difference he should be going after corporate criminals. Government has been asleep at the switch far too long. DiRossi has been running afoul of the law for over seventy years and the do-nothing government does nothing! Surprise! You want to stop the problems? I'll tell you how. Put Frederika Laas, Seffan Dretch, and that bucket of bolts Terry into a maximum security cell and throw away the key! It'd be paradise!"
~Rejidad Ho (SIC)

"No no no... it's all just a misconception. These 'conflicts' between corporations really have to do with lack of police enforcement on behalf of the government. Piracy has become a severe problem across civilized space and because the government does nothing, our vessels end up getting caught in the crossfire. Worse, sometimes that crossfire is from a competitor. It's a tragedy, plain and simple. There's nothing we can do about it unless government steps up and begins enforcing the law. Right now they want no part of it. Though, to be fair, some companies and their operators do less to keep these incidents from happening than others. Of course I mean companies like Siaco and managers like Rejidad Ho. They're only motivated by profit and not by what's best for their customers or employees. That's why for the next week, two percent of all proceeds from sales of Hazzazaf Energy Supplement will be going directly to our valued couriers that help get wonderful DiRossi products to our savvy and good-looking consumers as quickly as possible. It's something that I and both of my partners believe in. DiRossi; our concern is your concern."
~Frederika Laas (DRE)

Clearly these proposed changes are something that our industry is ready to fight. Just as the honorable Senator will do everything in his power to see these regulations pass. The next few years look to be very interesting and you can rest assured that The Galactic Profit will be there every step of the way to give you the news that pays. Until next time, invest wisely and keep your lawyer on speed dial.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2010, 12:09:31 am »
Them corporate bodies and their power struggles...

Makes for excellent plot. :)

Makes me wish I wasn't on the slug-boat Perphelion!

Ouch.

/jk

In any case, you guys are awesome! I really loved the flow of this arc, 'twas fly! 8)

Good luck on the second arc! :)

Here's hoping Perihelion also manages to do a second one. Or at least finish the first... : p

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2010, 11:06:16 am »
Alright! I'm back! Let's get this started! ;D

Also, in anticipation of future questions, yes, I have discussed using Lush's planet as a backdrop. The focus will move away quickly, but I wanted to help expand some back stories.

((Darn you, Pat, and your excellent worldbuilding / plot-developing techniques  ;) ))