Poll

It's a puma, right?

Mhmm...
Narp.

Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC  (Read 43072 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2010, 12:49:17 pm »
Hey Kids! It's time for a

SIDEREAL SIDEPOST

Hay's Stinger

Hay's Stinger is an artifact of her work in the Enijɔta Program. Acting as an agent bulky energy weapons were loud, obvious and impossible to carry. The stinger was the answer of that. A minute form of a Tesla coil, the Stinger exists as a form fitting wrist band. Despite its size it can deliver a strong electric shock at close range (enough to stun an average sized sophont) or can be fired rapidly from a distance. The Stinger is not a lethal weapon however, and the most it can do is cause an eye to pop out, and maybe fry few mechanical systems , best case scenario. However as hay is more of a stealth fighter, it suits her personality and battle style well.

Weaknesses.

As a fully charged electric coil, water contact on any of its inner systems can be disastrous. A full release of the stored static energy could easily fry someone as small as Hay alive and repeated use in a series could compound this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:18:03 pm by Lush City »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »
Phew! You must have typed that really fast. But aside from that and a few more made up words, it looks solid. Thanks for doing that, Lush.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:34 pm »
Fix those damn typos!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »
Fix those damn typos!
Typos?

And I was wondering what language it was written in. >_>
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2010, 05:18:34 pm »
Hey, like you said I did type it pretty rapidly.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:16 pm »
That's still no excuse, though.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »
I know, it was a joke.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »
You're really not in a position to be cracking jokes about your performance. <_<

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2010, 02:02:23 am »
We just cut through into the main building right? The post was pretty  vague.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2010, 09:10:52 am »
Not at all. If I railroaded the team into the mansion I would have said something to that affect.

**EDIT**
Just wondering... did you even read the post?

Your path to the mansion is clear so feel free to make your way up at your leisure. Try not to dawdle for too long, though.

I think the answer to your question was actually very clear and not that vague at all. You're beginning to wear thin, Lush. Every post seems to bring a new problem or expose another deficiency. You need to shape up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:16:42 am by PatMan33 »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:29 am »
Pat, as always, is right.

Also, though this is purley semantics and my personal opinion, you may wish to put more thought into your descriptive verbs.  Hay is miniscule, and therefore it is rather nonsensical to use the word "boomed", which is generally reserved for very loud, large and powerful sounds, which I cannot imagine her making.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2010, 02:25:26 pm »
Name: Asglot el'Irk

Species: Vitraxi

The Vitraxi are a proud race, perceived by many as intelligent and strong. Despite a checkered past and minority status in terms of representation, a Vitraxian has held the position of Galactic Minister more often than not. Some attribute this to their mental prowess, though the Vitraxi are hardly the most intelligent species around. Whereas others say it is because the Vitraxi are strong and virile, despite being relatively weak, comparatively speaking. In the end it comes down the the ability of the common Vitraxi to talk and persuade. They are very good speakers and tend to draw crowds. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a set of razor sharp claws and enough leg strength to flatten an average human torso with ease.

Bio: Asglot considers himself far-superior to the common criminal... and most other people. As such, he has no problem speaking publicly about his crimes and infrequently appears on nightly news programs and daytime talk shows. His life is as well-documented as they come, which makes the government's inability to capture him particularly infuriating. Asglot was born the son of a Senator and spent much of his childhood surrounded by the movers and shakers of galactic government. The Galactic Senate was his playground and from an early age Asglot had a sense of the sheer scale of his world. He was a smart child and groomed to be a civil servant, maybe even someone that could be Galactic Minister one day. Unfortunately, Asglot's ambition led him in a different direction altogether. As he grew older, kleptomaniacal tendencies began to present themselves and being able to access vast portions of galactic trade and finance didn't do much to help.

His first crime involved the theft of several billion credits worth of stock from the Main Vitraxian Bank. He promptly returned it, having been able to pull off the heist without being caught. Next came a series of increasingly brazen assaults on trading vessels and finally the capture of an entire Faiclori aid flotilla. That last one gained him far-reaching recognition as it was the first time a name had been put to the crimes. It was, of course, done entirely at Asglot's discretion. He wanted to be known far and wide for his deeds and so Orbznak Veldigar was born. Things continued for several decades with each crime being more daring and extravagant than the last. It wasn't until Asglot attempted to take the official seal of the Galactic Minister that he was finally caught. He'd managed to take the GM's private vessel and infiltrate the capital building but a traitor within his own organization meant that a team of armed commandos met him in what was supposed to be the Minister's empty office.

Asglot (Or Criminal #9, according to his processing papers) spent the next few decades in solitary confinement on board a maximum security prison station until escaping in time for his 120th birthday. The means by which Asglot escaped are still debated to this day. Regardless, the time spent in prison had changed the Vitraxian and his crimes became violent. Asglot's triumphant return was marked by the complete destruction of the P'nib homeworld, which crippled the emerging race and pushed them to the brink of extinction. Following that, Asglot began stealing things far bigger than bits, bytes, and shiny vases. Resources such as those found in planetary cores and atmospheres hit the top of his list. Public outrage became so great that plasma extruders were outlawed entirely. Since those days, Asglot has mostly fallen back into the shadows. Nobody is entirely sure why, though some speculate that he was killed in a criminal uprising of sorts. Still, every now and again something valuable goes missing or something important blows up, causing Asglot's name to resurface. Whatever the case, Vitraxi males are known to live for five to seven centuries. So until a body is found, Asglot remains a permanent fixture to the galaxy's most wanted list.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2010, 04:41:40 am »
Pat, as always, is right.

Also, though this is purley semantics and my personal opinion, you may wish to put more thought into your descriptive verbs.  Hay is miniscule, and therefore it is rather nonsensical to use the word "boomed", which is generally reserved for very loud, large and powerful sounds, which I cannot imagine her making.
Due to her size, she has to boom to be heard as audible.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2010, 10:37:51 am »
To her it would be a boom. To the others, not so much. And your most recent post still sucks, majorly.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2010, 11:22:15 am »
Please, PLEASE, REFRAIN from using such gratuitous amounts of meaningless jargon!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)