Poll

It's a puma, right?

Mhmm...
Narp.

Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC  (Read 43056 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour OOC
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
What! I only used two made up words. Hay was sent with the ground troop clandestinely, and is just now revealing herself at a timr when we she would be needed. Due to her small size and training, she's optimal for stuff like this.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 08:38:21 pm »
My bull **** meter is off the charts. You didn't even use ANY FORMATTING. Is your character talking? Apparently so, but I see absolutely ZERO quotation marks. These -> " " ".

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 08:40:35 pm »
Indeed, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say, Lush. Are you saying you're still back on the ship? Everyone was "moved" to the pod bay and is expected to be on the away team unless otherwise noted.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »
No formatting? Is the giant frikkin' line separating the narration from the dialog in my imagination?

As the ersatz jarhead talked own the janitor, only to be interrupted by a vocla sting

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys... I mean, hey guys! And here I was thinking it would be a waste of time for the DoS to send me in as reserves in case you guys frakked the vulpamancer. This guy's fine, he'll be out for half an hour, but right now I think we need to rocket before any of his buddies show up.
[/quote]

Indeed, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say, Lush. Are you saying you're still back on the ship? Everyone was "moved" to the pod bay and is expected to be on the away team unless otherwise noted.

No, if I was back on the ship I wouldn't be talking to everybody. Hay, did go on the way team with everybody, she was just hiding out until a proper situation showed itself (presumably on orders from the DoS)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:00:18 pm by Lush City »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:00 pm »
You. Are. Retarded.

We require formatting. That means proper usage of quotation marks to specify speech. Join or get out. This not a democracy when it comes to formatting.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:17 pm »
And You. Are. An *******.

The use of the Line, is a legitimate Rping technique, I didn't see any rule made against it it. If would have preferred quotes you could have said so, rather than brazenly and immaturely insulting me. (Seriously. "Retarded?" What are you, twelve?)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:46:11 pm by Lush City »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »
We usually do that with just quotation marks. The horizontal line is usually just used for separating two pieces of a post that occur at different times (like a Later that day...) or different places (like a Meanwhile...) since its so drastic.

Raz, hush for a moment. That or be civil about it.

EDIT

Thanks for the clarification, I'd forgotten that your character was tiny. You may want to use the spellcheck feature in the future, and don't worry about feeling rushed. Much of the reason I was confused was probably because of typos.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:08 pm »
No, FAIL. We do not do lines. We do quotation marks.

And I will not be hushed in the face of such stupidity.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 08:48:22 pm »
We usually do that with just quotation marks. The horizontal line is usually just used for separating two pieces of a post that occur at different times (like a Later that day...) or different places (like a Meanwhile...) since its so drastic.

Raz, hush for a moment. That or be civil about it.

EDIT

Thanks for the clarification, I'd forgotten that your character was tiny. You may want to use the spellcheck feature in the future, and don't worry about feeling rushed. Much of the reason I was confused was probably because of typos.

Typos? Where? I
I'll go over it. And thanks for the understanding, half the reason I mad her that size was so I could pull things like this without breaking continuity or suspension of disbelief.

And Razon, shut it before I report you.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »
You're so scary with your report button! My brittle bones are shakin'. Half the reason you made her that small was so you could bull **** your way around the RP, and maintain your current level of failure. I am done dealing with you. The others can eat you alive, and they will, if you don't stuff it and shape up, ASAP. Either get the time to post properly, or don't post at all and get out.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 08:52:01 pm »
And now I am officially ignoring you.

To the others, I'll go over my pots. I got my comp fixed so I'll be on more from now.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:28 pm »
What! I only used two made up words.

Erstaz
DoS
Frakked
Vulpamancer

I will give it to you that Erstaz is a real word, though it is german, and we speak english here.

In addition to this, you have a horible habit of using pronouns without a precident informing us of what you're refering to.  Who is "This guy"?  And why is he out?  When did this happen?  When did you say your character was being covert?  Why are they being covert in the first place?  When did you specify your character was small?  As I recall I asked for more information as far as a description goes and you did not provide one.  Granted, I may have missed it.

Lush, think of it this way.  For the formatting of your posts, pretend you're writing a book.  Format it like that.  Or, if you'd like, you can just look at what everyone else is doing as an example.

The use of the Line, is a legitimate Rping technique, I didn't see any rule made against it it.

This is because we thought it was obvious.  There's also no rule saying that a dog can't play basketball, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And while Raz is an ass, he does have a point.  You need to try a bit harder or we won't let you play anymore.  You have potential, you just need to follow the rules and be a team player.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »
DoS-Director of Security

Ersatz is usable in English,

(see: The Ersatz Elevator)

When Hay said "this guy", she was talking about the armed janitor she just stunned. And Hay was detailed as being small in her Bio. Hay also said that she was being covert as a form of backup. I stated all this information quite clearly. I've seen the line used before if you dont use them here you could've just said so.  I'll modify it for you, you just have to give me a heads-up on these sort of things.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:01:03 pm by Lush City »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 09:04:22 pm »
So now you're godmoding and stunning another player character?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:15 pm »
As the erstaz jarhead talked own the janitor, only to be interrupted by a vocla sting

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys... I mean, hey guys! And here I was thinking it would be a waste of time for the DoS to send me in as reserves in case you guys frakked the vulpamancer. This guy's fine, he'll be out for half an hour, but right now I think we need to rocket before any of his buddies show up.
I'm afraid this was what induced the Whiskey Foxtrot Tango in the first place. The grammar is completely incorrect, and the copious spelling errors make the whole thing unreadable. What Raz was getting at with the made up words was that fact that NO ONE gets what you meant by "erstaz jarhead" or "vulpamancer" (I mean seriously, WHAT THE HECK?), and not to mention not to many people use "frack" as an expletive normally. You never explained who was "This guy", or what happened in the first place. There was no narration to explain anything, and it all came out of nowhere. Overall, it appears to be a post containing nothing but random bilge (Which you could kindly elaborate on.)
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)