Poll

Taco Bell's wrong?

*shock*
*confusion*
*indifference*

Author Topic: Voyage of the Perihelion OOC  (Read 20688 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Voyage of the Perihelion OOC
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:34:06 pm »
Voyage of the Perihelion
-An Experiment in Galactic Travel-

Voyage of the Perihelion - Information Station

Here we are, the first test of the unified RP community. Let's start off with some general info! First and foremost, you can read our guidelines here. For the time being things are going to be in a bit of disarray but it'll be fine during this testing period. Should this RP prove successful, we'll continue it! Right now though, all we have to worry about is getting some character bios up! Just fill out the following form and you'll be ready to play once things start! We will need a...

Name:
Species: (Also include a short description of your character's appearance - pictures welcome!)
Bio:

As far as your species is concerned, feel free to bring over one of your old creatures or start a whole new one if that's your idea. The thing with preexisting creatures is that they're starting off with a blank slate. As well, it isn't required that you write up an entire history of the species up front. In fact, it might be better if you didn't. Play the character first and develop some insights... keep the rest of us in suspense as to why your creature is the way it is. Finally, on the topic of humans... there are humans! They're just another species out there to play as, if you feel inclined to do so. The one thing I was advised to make clear though was that we don't mention Earth. It's been lost for years or something, I dunno. Just avoid it.

We'll do character bios for the next couple days and I'll throw a basic outline of the story up for everyone to familiarize themselves with. A person to play the antagonist's role will be selected in the coming days. If there are any questions feel free to ask them in this topic. Otherwise, remember that we're all working together on this so keep it respectful and keep it clean! Move out!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:09:04 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage of the Perihelion OOC
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:22 pm »
If you need any of my ideas there's a full list of them in the other thread :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:39:55 pm »
Sounds good! I think you're onto something with that. Once this project gets going we could set up a repository for plot ideas in case someone wants to run an arc but isn't sure they can think up something on their own. Also, over in IRC it was pointed out that someone with a track record should play the antagonist for this test arc. I don't know how you guys feel about that... I'll put it to a vote I guess.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:55:29 pm »
Fine, but for the tone I'm going to play for this, I'm thinking "Crazy-Awesome Daftpunk chique" think Ninja Faires and Cybernetic Hitman Clowns powered by Heroin. (And God is made out of laserbeams).

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:58:12 pm »

The Story
Prologue
Arc I - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Summary
Arc II - Well Below 6 Feet Under - Summary

Perihelion Lore

Voyage of the Sidereal Hour - Information Station

The Primary Characters
Clarke: Rao*
Gec: Kinroh*
Haseri: Perihelion AI*
Josasa: Sunta
Neoadept: Secharian*
Oviraptor: Blue
PatMan33: Jerry*
Razonatair: Nova*
Tesla: Smiley*
Yossitaru: Jack Tempalmen*
Yuu: Theli the Aperas*

The Secondary Characters
-None-

Inactive Characters
-None-

Key
* Asterisks denote characters that were created when the RP started, be warned, they may have a lot of back story.
Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
x The 'x' denotes a character that has not had an impact on the story due to a player dropping out or being inactive.
M An 'M' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'M' you will be taken to a description of those minions.

Other Things...
Villain Slots
Arc I - Neoadept
Arc II - OPEN

Vote Results

News and Updates
6/2/10
Got the RP topic up and running. The game will start in a few days!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:49:42 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »
Yeah it'll be awesome!

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35:33 am »
Yeah, I'd like to use my Kosmosis creature, but I am not sure if 6 meters is maybe a bit too tall for a spaceship. >_>

Also it might be good if we could make up a list of different jobs on a ship like navigator, captain etc. just so that people (or me in this case =D ) have it easier to pick a role for their character.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 04:40:53 am »
Captain
First Officer
Scientific Officer
Medical officer
Communications officer
Chief Engineer
Helmsman
Navigator
Boy Genius (scrappy dappy dooooo!)
Chicken Soup Machine Repair Man
Neurotic Hologram
Obsequious Android
Lovable Robot
Delivery Boy
Cyclops
Lobster Mooch
Drunken Garbage Can
Rastafarian Accountant
Shakespearean Actor
Toaster
Robot Dog
Geeky Historian
Action airforce babe
Guy with ancient civilisation DNA
Shapeshifter
Honorable Warrior Alien
Irritating galley alien
Smooth operator
Officer Corps Geek
Neurotic Emergency Medical Hologram
Cheeky Astro Droid
UNBEARABLY obsequious android
Impulsive warrior-monk
THE CHOSEN ONE TM
Guy forced to watch awful movies
Sassy Robot Duo
Self-Aware Professor Moriarty Hologram
William Shatner

(Warning: only numbers 1 through 8 on the list are serious suggestions)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:19:45 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:58 am »
I think I might just join this if you guys will have me. As a Naucean of course.  ;)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 06:03:40 am »
Whay not?  ;D

Name: Theli the Aperas
Role: Boy Genius
Species: Aperas

Theli is five feet tall and has a very thin and light frame.

Theli's real body is apparently hidden beneath some sort of bodysuit. It is seemingly made up of an outer layer of thin, silk-like fabric and a hard, inner layer of unknown composition. Though naturally ivory-white, the external thickness' luminescent property gives it a somewhat golden tint and aura. This can, however, be voluntarily turned off for purposes of practicality.

Theli's two "eyelashes" are actually one-sided view-ports which can more or less change in shape in order to show his current mood. On the other hand, the thick black line, which runs from the top of his head right down to the toe of his left shoe, is still an object of great mystery for most.

Bio:

Theli is in most ways your average Aperas exchange student, if you consider the scholarly Aperas to be a bunch of drooling simpletons. But that is exactly how most others of his kind view the poor sap.

Eventually, the Aperas finally found the perfect opportunity to get rid of him without looking like a bunch of arrogant, intellectual snobs in front of the entire galaxy. Their plan was to assign him on a "very important" scientific tour of the galaxy whose duration is of "indefinite length," or at least that was how they wanted it to look like on his travel documents. In reality, they were exiling him from Aperas civilization, forever.

Despite being chronologically in his two-hundreds, he maintains an overall attitude typical of that of a human in the middle teens. He has a very kind and constructive personality which is sometimes overshadowed by his impulsiveness and relative naivete.

His greatest advantage, perhaps, lies in his astounding level of proficiency with regard to electronics, being more than capable of repairing, or building, with mostly great success, complex electronic equipment using mostly spare parts. His nonexistent physical strength, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired.

The most important thing to remember while being with Theli is to never ever, ever, ever touch "the line." He gets very apprehensive if someone does that, though the reason for this behavior is still an unknown.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:28:22 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8NsJn_KpM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8NsJn_KpM</a>

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 06:47:00 am »
Think I'll dust off my Kratair for old time's sake, simply for their personality.

Name: Terik Dern
Role: Overzealous Security Officer
Species: Kratair
Terik stands at an intimidating height of 8'7", with the sleek build characteristic of his species.  He has the grizzled look of one who knows combat, bearing the scars of fights long past.

Even during calm periods, he still wears the protective body armor of the security team, a sidearm at his side.

Bio:
As with many of his race, Terik served a with the Kratairian military when he came of age, quickly discovering that he had a knack for leadership, tactics, and hurting people.  Before long he grew tired of the routine life of a soldier however, and opted to make his own way as a mercanary.

It was during this time that he really shone, developing his skill, honing his instinct, and gaining a reputation of doing whatever it takes to get the job done.  As he grew older though, the freelance jobs became harder to come by, despite no decrease in his skill.  He was forced to seek more steady employment if he wanted to continue doing what he loved.

How exactly he gained the position of Chief Security Officer on the Perihelion is not entirely known.  It could be because of his renowned skill, or his commitment to always seeing a mission completed to its end.  He is, however, a bit of a loose cannon.  He is likley to snap at any event, regardless of how small, and carry out his job quickly and efficiently.  He is not someone you want to be on the bad side of.

Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 07:35:26 am »
Name: Dubhglas Hay
Species: (Phai)
Bio: Hay was born and raised on Myrinoi, a colony with deep Rhinic roots, like all Myrinoi natives (the Phai), due to genetic augmentation (designed to ease the transport across the sleeper ships) she has an intensely slow metabolism as well as a significantly smaller figure. To aide in travel, she uses an insectoid based hover pack, allowing quick transport across areas, her UT also contains and amplifier, so as to be heard by larger sophonts. As a genetically modified being, she has some stigmas and to counteract this she signed up for the government Enijɔta program, in which the colleted military combat strategies of several species accumulated are directly implanted into the user’s brain. Due to the harshness of this procedure, genetic augmorphs are more useful for it,, and as a result she was let in. She then spent several years working as Special Forces, where her small size worked well for espionage. After a particularly public mission on Plu2 she was resigned to a graveyard shift as Deputy Head of Security for the ship.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 08:02:01 am »
Care to tell us anything about the Phai?  At least having a physical description would be nice.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 08:48:35 am »
Name: Perihelion

Role: Hologram/Higher Ship Functions

Species: Hologram. Several different models of various species, but generally appears as a young, pleasant-looking human male. If the ship is functioning normally, it can project itself as a seemingly solid object (albeit people can still pass through it). In emergencies when the energy should be going to other places, it can appear as more transparent or even just showing on a nearby screen.

Bio: Perihelion's job is to take care of many of the ship's higher functions, like life support and energy direction. Although it has no control over the physical aspects of the ship, it can react to situations with some degree of intelligence, like telling maintenance crews exactly what is wrong. Studies have also shown them to be more comforting then just interacting with a faceless computer.

It's history is pretty much the same as the ship's. It is fitted with hundreds of fail-safes to mitigate a 'Crapshot' scenario. So rare are AIs taking their ships and killing the crew nowadays that they are usually among the 'News Stories of the Decade'.

Is that OK? I'm more comfortable with reacting that anything else. I like the idea of being called on to answer questions. Plus, I can do OOC reports of the places we visit.

Think of it sort of a cross between EDI and Andromeda (admittedly, I've only seen the first 5 minutes of that show.)