Random Encounters > Everything Else

Homestuck *thpoilerth*

(1/296) > >>

Kishmond:
Everything after page 1 of this thread may very well have UNMARKED SPOILERS. Just go read the comic!

A young man stands in his bedroom. It just so happens that today,
 the 13th of April, is this young man's birthday. Though it was
thirteen years ago he was given life, it is only today he will be
given a name!

What will the name of this young man be?

And so starts Homestuck, the latest in a series of MS Paint Adventures (actually drawn in Photoshop from day 2). This thing only gets more awesome as it goes on and man, it's barely halfway over! Anyway you should read it but start on page 1 or you'll be lost. You might be lost anyways but at least you can appreciate how convoluted it is. That's my favorite thing about it, actually. Dozens of dots, dozens of themes, each connected by a throwback line. And it will all kind of fit together like some kind of cocoon of exquisite lies. Kind of like Lost, except "funny, and not as heavy handed and dour all the time."

Yes I did start this thread so I can gush about how awesome it is.

Previous poll results:
"Is Homestuck awesome?"
Yes        19 (33.3%)
Yes        10 (17.9%)
YES!      27 (48.2%)

Krakow Sam:
Approved.

I mean, what other webcomics come with animation and music?

sgore:
It was the only webcomic that taught me the responsibilities involved when appointing oneself mayor of can town.
(Though I admit I have recently fallen behind in reading it. I certainly need to catch back up.)

Inkling:
Today I watched Con Air, solely because of this webcomic.

Celdur:
i avoid stairs, solely because of this webcomic. well actualy because of SBaHJ i guess...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version