Author Topic: The Photography Topic  (Read 2679 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: The Photography Topic
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »
The next gen upgrade is usually never worth it. Every third generation is a good rule of thumb.
Don't be a cocksucker, report any unsavory posts with the button over there ------->

Offline Black Twitter

• Master of Orion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 06:35:21 am »
yeah yeah yeah

im excited to mess around with it, but too exhausted to do anything other than poke some buttons then put it down right now. didnt realize the min/max aperture was so bad on the kit lens, but im very happy with it so far
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:40:38 am by Spooky Tesla »
Tryin to make a change :-\

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 06:57:33 am »
Awesome!

Kit lenses are an industry standard for new camera bodies and are best at straightforward types of shots that don't require much zoom, don't have a lot of action, and which have soft to normal lighting conditions. If depth of field is your thing, grab a portrait lens (has no zoom at all) and start snapping some nice shots of friends, family, and interesting objects.

What are the specs on your SD card? Specifically, what is the read/write speed? (what I want to know is if it is U3 or not)
Don't be a cocksucker, report any unsavory posts with the button over there ------->

Offline Black Twitter

• Master of Orion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 07:04:52 am »
60mb/s U3, I chose a pretty fast one

((((also i think you mean prime lens, yeah i did my research ya dink))))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:09:46 am by Spooky Tesla »
Tryin to make a change :-\

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:33 am »
Prime simply means the focal length is fixed, but not all lenses that have fixed focal lengths contain the same type of optics. For instance a fisheye lens is not a portrait lens and neither of them are macro lenses, but they are all (usually) prime. I saw a macro-ish lens once that had some zoom. Prime type lenses are almost always specialized since by design they will have less versatility.

I am glad you have an interest in this. :D

Once I get a new camera I want to start learning tilt-shift photography. It was something I never got to do when I worked in the field.

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 06:03:06 am »
Had a dream last night and on the television in the dream was an old ad for a camera I remember vaguely from a while ago.

The premise was a guy with a SLR changing lenses and fumbling about to get the right, while the person with the new point and shoot just steps up, presses and auto button or something, and takes their picture. :UUUUUUUUUUU

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 05:29:22 am »
Anyone have photography questions? Check the opening post! Let me know!

Offline Krakow Sam

• World of Warcraft Hunter
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 11:42:15 am »
Why do some people look great in every photo ever taken of them (somtimes better than they look in real life) and some people look like a sack of **** in almost every photo?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:25 pm »
Some people have a natural reaction to cameras that can lead to a repeatable positive or negative result.

Offline PatMan33

• Mass Effect Reaper
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 05:56:19 am »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you, ChiToes. Gotta wait for Sam to clear it.

Know what I mean?