Author Topic: Mass Effect Movie  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect Movie
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »
i know, i know :P

anyway, i wonder if they get that guy from prison break to be shepard >.>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »
Matt Damon for Shepard. DO IT!

I hope they keep the voice actors for the CGI characters the same (IE Wrex, Garrus, Saren)

Seth Green for Joker? They better.

Denzel Washington (Or Morgan Freeman if they want an older one) as Captain Anderson.

Tali = voiced by same chick. THEY BETTER NOT SHOW HER FACE.

As for the others, I do not really care all too much lol because I didn't like them as much as the ones listed.

Also, I hope they don't emphasize a big romance undertone too much simply because it would be hard to explain if they made a second one.... And it better be a step-by-step follow through with this game. Though, they could probably cut out Feros TBH because you dont really fight a well known/important baddie and the whole thing can be skipped over smoothly (IE Benezia or Saren). I hope the Citadel is EPIC though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:39:09 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
Surprise! Instead of Mass Effect 3, they're making a movie! Have a swell day!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »
No.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 11:03:05 pm »
Yeah I'm expecting this to be a stand alone not follow directly the story of Sheppard and may be more a movie set in the Mass Effect universe. Perhaps with cameos from are favourite party members or at the very least Still about the story of Shepard just not that actual plot from either game just continuation of it.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:21:48 am »
Ah, but notice how they've been saying that the plot of Mass Effect lends itself well to be made into a movie.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 06:17:16 pm »
While true they aren't going to straight out re-hash the exact story it will be a similar story in the same universe with maybe the same characters. The movie wont be straight out Mass Effect the game: The Movie. Having said that if it is a bioware story then it will be very similar as they have been dining out on the one story for almost every game. Still Can't argue with a good story.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 08:39:23 am »
Seth Green better play Joker or I would be rage.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 06:22:06 pm »
This might have been better if they had made the plot of Mass Effect 1 a movie and then started with the second game. So people wouldn't expect the movie to make the same plot decisions.

As it stands though, Mass Effect 1 is pretty linear in the bigger scheme of things (aside from side quests), so it shouldn't be to hard as long as the have the right screenplay writer and director. I'm curious as to who they'll kill off (Rex, Ashley/Kaidan); but its probably a given that Ashley will be Shepard's romantic interest.

All negativity aside; SOVEREIGN IN 3D FTW.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 01:57:36 am »
No, they'll probably make a whole new story set in the ME universe, like the books and comics. That way, they won't have (as many) whiners, who demand femShep with a relationship with Leigon. Of course, they make take some parts of the story where one got to choose events as 'canon', as in you saved the Rachni, Wrex got saved and is lord of the Krogan, the paragon eneding of ME2, etc. Essentially the 'good' ending, just as, in Star Wars canon, it was the light side that was the 'correct' path in KotoR.

As such, if there is any mention Shepherd, he will probably be male, as that is 'canon', or they'll try and keep it ambiguous.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »
I was bored, and started thinking about who they should cast. Then I happened to be watching Eureka...

Erica Cerra would be perfect for the part of Ashley.

Seth Green obviously for Joker.

Wrex and Garrus will obviously be CGI, so they should just keep the VO's from the game. Not sure whether Tali can be portrayed with a costume though, unless they use CGI from the waist down and digitally remove two of the actress's fingers.

I really could care less who plays shepperd, though since bioware consistently portrays him as male, I'm guessing that will carry over to the film.

No, they'll probably make a whole new story set in the ME universe, like the books and comics. That way, they won't have (as many) whiners, who demand femShep with a relationship with Leigon. Of course, they make take some parts of the story where one got to choose events as 'canon', as in you saved the Rachni, Wrex got saved and is lord of the Krogan, the paragon eneding of ME2, etc. Essentially the 'good' ending, just as, in Star Wars canon, it was the light side that was the 'correct' path in KotoR.

Except they never do that, because film industries could care less what fans think, as long as they buy tickets. The reason they want to make a movie is because they saw the game and said "wow. I could totally make that a movie without having to figure out an idea for a plot on my own." It's guaranteed to have interest, since the games are such a success, whereas a new movie with a brand new idea is financially risky.

They'll go with what's familiar, because its easier, and because they figure that most fans of the game want to see the game on the big screen, not something that merely refers to a couple things that happened in the game. If it didn't feature the Normandy and its crew led by Shepperd fighting to stop Saren and Sovereign, what would be the point? It wouldn't be Mass Effect. As to what choices are made in the movie, that will be up to Legendary Pictures and Bioware.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:18:45 am by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:45 am »
Good news.

"BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk are on board as executive producers, so fans of the games should be reasonably assured that the film will be true to the franchise."
Fanfic!

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:00 am »
I very much doubt they'll just remake the first game. Thanks to the Last Airbender, we know what happens when somebody tries to condense a story for one medium (in this case, a video game), to film.

Plus what would be the point? If you want the first game, go play it. The point of the video-games is that you are crafting the Shepard character, its an interactive experience. A film is a passive experience. It is the same reason Valve will never do a Half Life movie. You are in control of Gordon Freeman, not some actor.

That is why I would prefer to see other people's stories. Hopefully, the people in charge realise this: a simple rehash of the first game's plot would be disasterous. They need a story situated to a movie - something that is designed to play out over 1.5-2+ hours, not trying to force 8+ hours into that amount of time.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »
But most of that 8+ hours is walking and side quests. The actual core story could be easily handled within 2-3 hours. The point isn't to expand on existing elements; its to draw in additional fans from the non gamer crowd. Its no different from any other adaptation. Its just how the film industry works; especially a company like legendary films.

My point being; regardless of what any of us thinks, they won't make a spinoff movie unless an adaptation of the game is successful first.
Fanfic!