Author Topic: The Galactic Conflict - Part 1  (Read 6177 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Galactic Conflict - Part 1
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 09:35:59 pm »
I'm afraid 'sorry' is just not going to cut it., Volora replied in his mind.

And I'm very certain the others would probably think the same...

As the Eight Fleet slowly regrouped, the OMS Sutari, among other coalition flagships, began to tap in to their own privately established network. A brief videoconference was going to be held between the coalition's highest officers. As the projectors flared up and everyone was, one question raced through everyone's mind...

How could they report this to Central Command in the mildest manner possible?

Regardless of what kind of explanation they manage to conjure up, everyone knew that this was just the start of a very problematic chain of diplomatic disasters. The PSR will surely ask for compensation, what with all the casualties, wasted resources and transgression of national boundaries. Not to mention the fact that the Photos probably now has a war-debt to both the Kratairian Government and every single member of the GPA, since they effectively went to war with all of those parties.

A certain decontamination unit stationed on Korvhys will have to perform quite some explaining after all of this..., Hatena thought to herself after receiving word of what went down. As much as she wanted to get on a ship and personally deal with the Photos invasion, there was however, something far more important at hand.

"Well, here it goes...", the Directress sighed while marching to the stage and walking towards the podium. She had just sent an open invitation to all major powers in the galaxy. The issue regarding the PSR's unprovoked military operations against the Makal and the Slakos was going way out of hand. It was time to address it to a higher galactic authority.

As she looked at the crowd of galactic leaders that stood before her, she was somewhat overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation. She hold on, however, and took a deep breath before stating her opening words.

This is going to take a while...

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 09:54:02 pm »
"AHHH! My intestines feel like they're on fire!!" Val'ones screamed, doubled over and doing his best to walk to the dreadnought's medical bay.
"Yeah, yeah, that's going to happen until we get the proper medication into ya..." Tar'vhix groaned, slapping the door pannel. It slid open.
"Oooh, he looks worse than I thought!" The medical officer said, looking at the stricken commander with a mix of disbelief and pity. The pair assisted the mumbling and groaning commander into bed. Tar'vhix took one look at his old friend, and turned away with a sigh. The two had actually known each other sence, well, birth, practically. they grew up living right next to each other, neighbors. He felt bad for Val'ones; on top of the mess he had cause while pretty much temporarily insane, he was getting sicker by the minute. And the worst part? He didn't know weather or not it was the anti-cite working, the paracites going ballistic due to the introduction of the anti-cite into his system, or more likely, a mixture of both.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 12:31:56 am »
Aboard the ship headed for Yalkna, messages kept coming and going. Finally, an aide landed next to the President.

"President Talin, sir? The gist of the situation is that there's been a change of plans."

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"It turns out that the Photos in charge of the forces at the battle was infected with some sort of parasite that made him temporarily insane. He was cured by his second-in-command and is now barfing his guts out due to aftereffects."

Talin snickered.

"Hmff... Please continue."

"Er, right. Said second-in-command called for a ceasefire, which Admiral Spaulding has agreed to."

"Well, hooray for Admiral Spaulding! I feel there's a point you aren't getting to."

"That point would be the fact you've been called to a summit of galactic leaders on Tanariadne."

"Good. The Beyon Foreign Minister owes me 38 bucks. No, wait! That's terrible! I have to go and greet our brave troops on Yalkna!"

"With all due respect, sir, you can always go later. This is urgent."

"Oh, fine. We'll be seeking retribution by the Photos for all they've done to obstruct our liberation mission..."

Talin stood in the crowd some hours later, surrounded by security guards. He stared sternly at Director Rolu, waiting for her to speak.

Toho stared. He blinked. Then he turned to face an officer on his ship's bridge.

"Birdbrain...?
I... ah... what kind of an insult is that? It's more like a compliment! 'I hate you, you have high intelligence!' What a funny little man."
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:28:10 am »
Whatever ruckus remained in the crowd were ultimately dispelled as the Directress activated her mic and finally began to speak.

Traveling across this sea of stars, overlooking the worlds which bore witness to recent conflicts between our nations, the mighty Athanatsu calmly grazing the sky above us, amidst the silent graves of our many fallen brethren, it is with great hesitation that I raise my small voice to shatter the beautiful serenity created by the hands of nature. However, the task for which you have called upon me must now be performed.

Gift me, I beseech you, with your thoughts and your sympathy.

The Directress paused for a while, allowing her message to sink in.

After a brief moment of utter silence, she carried on.

Two score and several years ago our people brought forth on this galaxy a new movement, created in freedom, and specifically tasked with upholding the ideals that all sentient beings are equal.

There is no use in denying that we are now engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that movement, or any movement, so empowered and so determined, can long endure. We gather upon a great battlefield of that ongoing war. We have come to call upon everyone's verdict as to who is the rightful victor of that field, as a testament of giving meaning and rest to those who, elsewhere across this maelstrom of stars, gave their lives that that movement might have the opportunity to live. It is altogether logical and expected that we should do this.

The Directress paused again, collecting herself for what would lie ahead.

She began again, this time with a far, far sterner demeanor.

But, in a greater sense, we can not confirm, we can not prove, we can not decide the rightful bearer of this ground. The stalwart people, both living and past, who struggled for this hall of seats, have defiled it, well beyond our ability to give or to take. The world's collective memory will not write down, nor resist forgetting what we say here, but it can never ever forget what they did, out there, for us who are in here.

Rather, it is for us, the authorities, to dedicate ourselves here to the unfinished task which they who fought, to their last breaths, have thus far, in their own hearts, so nobly advanced. Rather, it is for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honorable warriors we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave their last full strides of dedication—that we here swear truthfully that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this movement, under our blood-sworn oaths, shall have a new birth of order and freedom—and that the safeguarding of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from these worlds.

Rolu paused yet again, seemingly over with her oration.

However, not all what was expected as a resounding thump echoed across the chamber, originating from the Directress' lectern, behind of which, still stood firmly her authoritative figure.

There was a sudden change, quite unlike the one before. The Directress carried a heavier, more serious tone as he began the final portion of her short speech.

Tragically. All these serve no meaning to those who find comfort in their closed minds and deaf ears... Which is EXACTLY the current state in which we now find ourselves in.

Until we transcend this minor, yet devastating affair, make no mistake of our gradual descent into infighting and madness. Within which there will be nothing but pain, suffering and meaningless loss of life.

And there is only but a single tool in our vast arsenal with which we could honestly hope to push back this plague.

The truth.

I, Officer Hatena Rolu, Chief Representative of the United Goonalian Provinces and Current Directress of this Galactic Protection Agency, under the power vested upon me by this great institution, hereby officially request the immediate compliance of the twenty five member bodies of this organization with the following directives:

The complete and total cease of all military and paramilitary operations of all member bodies against other member bodies.

And a comprehensive investigation of all member bodies' government institutions, which shall be conducted by officers of the Galactic Protection Agency under direct authority of the Cabinet.

No stone shall be left unturned, no seat shall be left unchecked. This will be our only hope of securing, and ultimately purging, the very root of the disease which has sought so fervently to corrupt this movement from within its very core.

The time has passed for compromises, what is solely left for us now is the virtues of truthfulness and action.

I trust that everyone in this chamber knows all too well the alternative to this penultimate endeavor. And will see to it that it never be put to use...

And there was silence.

The Directress looked sternly across the vast swaths of representatives from each of the member nations. She could never dream of raising her hand against so much as a single people of such great virtue. Yet, even for but a fleeting second, it all seemed to be a very enticing alternative...

... to the realities of total war.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »
Talin was outraged.

"Then you are saying that supporting armed liberation struggles against oppression will be illegal? That fascist regimes can be protected by your weak-winged policies of appeasement? Your idiotic policies will not be tolerated any longer! We seek no war, except those of liberation, yet you oppose all conflict in this vastly imperfect galaxy! Good day to you, madam! You receive nothing!"

The Perrachi President and his guards furiously stormed out of the building. They knew that their majority party back at home would support them. It always did.

But would the people support a total breakaway from the GPA?

On Perrawiih, everyone was in a hurry to find out about the latest events. There was a ceasefire with the Photos! Their commander was insane! Talin was at a GPA summit! What else was going on? For one thing, Enna Miq had arrived and was negotiating with Prime Minister Khadenin in the city of Wluwidyn. Peace talks were so far successful. A ceasefire had been called with the Photos, and the PSR reinforcements were stopped and diverted to Perrachi-controlled systems. The standoff might end in all the troops coming home soon! But then came in the news of Talin's walkout at the GPA summit...

What a week!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.