Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 20166 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »
What do people normally do with people who try and steal your horse? I send to go with a policy of roping them and hogtieing. Is there anywhere you can take the guy after that you do you just leave him for the wolves? Also anyone got an answer for my Mill Williamston question a few posts back?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:29 pm »
What do people normally do with people who try and steal your horse? I send to go with a policy of roping them and hogtieing. Is there anywhere you can take the guy after that you do you just leave him for the wolves? Also anyone got an answer for my Mill Williamston question a few posts back?

The way it happened for me is that I shot the mexican president and bill pulled a gun on me and the other mexican guy, so the mexican shot bill dead. I think Bill has to die.

EDIT: I always just kill the horse thieves. i don't want to have to wait 2 or 3 minutes for another one to spawn.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:04 pm »
Kill the horse thieves, definitely. If they fall of and live, I hogtie them and use a firebottle to burn them alive. They deserve the pain.

Similarly- Those damsels-in-distress that are actually just a way to lure you into a trap of 4 guys who jump out from behind a stagecoach with the intention of killing you. Method here is to dispatch (slay with bullets) the guys with guns, hogtie the wench, toss her in the middle of the road, then run her over with the stagecoach.

Yup.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:56:32 pm by Gungnir »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 10:06:11 pm »
I have been hogtieing the horse theives over shooting them although I did shot gun one of them after hogtieing. Another i tried luring a wolf to him afterwards but the wolf was more interested in trying to bite my horses legs.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:30 am »
I've gotten to the point where if I ever see a lone guy standing around who utters the words "Can you help a fella out?", I immediatley put a bullet between his eyes.

I have never lost honour doing so.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:30 am »
I get off my horse as soon as I see them I it means they can't get very far while John gets back to his feet. I'm already standing so I rope them before they make 3 meters.

I have killed Dutch or more accurately as you know he killed himself. I'm not living the shiny happy life of bonding with my son and having a happy home, it does not bode well for a happy ending of the game.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:10 am »
Finally beat Red Dead, and the ending is some BS! So lame.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:57 pm »
Oh, here's a mistake I made after I thought I had beaten the game that I'm posting here as a heads up to anyone else who may have done the same thing.

When you play as Jack, head over to the blackwater trainstation and talk to the agent there. I didn't do this, so I ended up thinking the game had less resolution than it actually did.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:41 pm »
Yeah I already did that.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 04:01:57 pm »
I just saw the strangest random encounter...

2 asian looking dudes near a tent and a whole bunch of TNT. One says, 'One little spark and we go BOOM!' (or something like that.) Then they blew up. Large bang. Bodies go flying.

I just saw that same event while i was bear hunting! 2 dudes (these guys were white) in a random spot in the woods, carrying dynamite over to a table. One of them says to the other, "one more load and we can go home" I walked to a safe distance so i could shoot the dynamite and watch it blow up, and as i was walking away, they blew up. BAM! cuff links and asscheeks all over the place.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2010, 06:12:05 am »
First off, holy cow it's 762! long time no see.

2nd, I love and hate the glitch that keeps spawning bears. Usually if i find one bear, there is a 2nd one lurking near by, but every now and then they keep spawning. I look around, thinking it's safe to skin a bear, then I hear a roar in the background and I can't skin fast enough. Once I had 8 skinned bear bodies around me before I decided to run away, not wanting to press my luck. Another time I died, after being chased down by three bears. Best and worst glitch ever.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2010, 06:47:31 am »
So that's why bears are the number 1 threat to America.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2010, 10:10:46 am »
That's a glitch? I thought that there was some kinda insidious bear plot to kill me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:27 pm »
Yeah I finished the game, the ending was pretty much as to be expected.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:09 am »
Has anyone else been having really ridiculously bad connection problems? I've been trying since the game came out, and I've only been able to get one good connection. I've forwarded ports, unplugged the router and all that crap that they suggest, but it still won't work. I think a part of the problem is that I can't find the UPnP setting on my linksys WRT54G. It's real frustrating when half the reason I bought the game is for multiplayer, and after a month they still haven't gotten it to work.

EDIT: just for further information, the internet is hooked up to a modem, that goes into the linksys wireless router, then we have a cable that runs downstairs and into another router that handles my xbox and my dad's computer. Does anyone have suggestions?

EDIT:Ok, so I was able to get online for a couple hours yesterday by unplugging everything and plugging it back in. I didn't have any problems at all for a while, then all of a sudden the internet **** the bed. The internet for the whole house, for a couple of hours. I tried again today, but the NAT was set back to moderate. Is there any more permanent solution than just unplugging everything all the time?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:07:31 pm by 762 »