Author Topic: I've had this in my mind for a while, but It's still a work in progress.  (Read 5131 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
What I'm saying is you need to focus on those major breakthroughs before the small stuff.  When they made Mass Effect, they didn't start out by deciding how much health a geth had.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
You lost me after "Mass Effect"....just kidding.
But still, after all, you did say I'm a long way from doing any of this, so I'm not all that concerned.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Likewise, I suggest you keep it 8-bit; you could probably get in a half-way decent game by next year. Upgrades can be done later.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
You know, 8-bit is just as difficult as a nicer looking 2d game, if not more dificult due to the art style.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Really? I would of thought it definantly would be easier on the hardware.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
It's all the same at this point.  Any 8-bit image you make is still being interpreted as a 32-bit image.  Besides, 8-bit was necessary when computers were more than a thousand times slower than they are now.  There is no need whatsoever to worry about things like that.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
I did alot of thinking about this, and I'm going to go over some of the missions and stuff. But not in one post. Before I start talking about the missions, however, I'm going to post a weapon, sence I already have a model.

KY'RIA'S PLASMA PISTOL:
Damage: 8
Range: 80 ingame feet
Ammo: Energy
Rate of Fire: As fast as you can click.
Bio: Ky'ria's custom-built pistol. It packs quite a punch for a pistol, and can be fired quite fast, but can overheat equally fast (I should explain. Weapons with the Energy ammo don't have ammo. Rather, they build up heat, acting as a limit of their firing. It dispells over time.). It has a shorter range and less hitting power than a standard Plasma Rifle, but is more accurate, and can have a higher rate of fire, and can be a good backup weapon if your energy weapon overheats, or your primary is otherwise inoperable.
Anyway...

Mission 1: Morning Patrol: OVERVIEW:
You (playing as Ky'ria) wake up in the bunk area of the Photos outpost you are stationed at. There is nothing on your screen, as far as HUD goes. You get out of bed, and look around, as your vision sharpens. You see your armour in it's housing on the wall. The screen fades to black for a second, while you hear some armour fiddling sounds (clink, clank, thunk, sounds like that, along with kevlar-like sounds), and when the screen fades from black, your HUD boots up and your crosshairs and such appear. You look at your pistol sitting on the desk, and pick it up. When it gets off screen, you get control. Walk over to the door and press E, opening it. The little communications box in the upper right hand corner of your HUD goes from snow to the picture of a gruff, helmetless Photos.
"Ky'ria! I see you're finally up. Took long enough. Your orders are to go to the training area and run the course. It's been a while sence you've seen combat, better go through the course then get killed in your first foray." After the little box goes to snow again, you walk to the other end of the base, talking to fellow soldiers and other people, until you get to the other end, where the training area is. You run the course, learning the controls of the game.
I'll finish tomorrow, I'll have to go to bed in a little while.