Author Topic: Moving On...  (Read 35178 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Moving On...
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:34 pm »
Alrighty, Gec gave me all the clearances so I've gotten the OOC topic posted down in the general RP section.

Take a look and get busy! All future questions will be taken down in that topic.

**EDIT**
And hey! Spread the word to any of your Spore RP friends that may have missed this discussion or have drifted away. The more the merrier! :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:59:34 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2010, 11:26:04 pm »
I should really use the search function on my name more often (thanks for mentioning me a few pages back pat!  :)) I had no idea this discussion had gotten so serious.
Anyway, the rules so far look to be very good.
The only suggestion/addition I would make is less of a change than it is a more concice reinforcement of ideas you guys pretty much seem to have already.

I'm not sure how familiar anyone on here is with performing improv, but the ideas of "Yes, and" when moving a scene along are important in building a sort of shared universe.
It's explained a bit in this video:
http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4436844__yes-and_-technique.html

Mind you, it's still completely fine for characters to disagree with one another on interpretations of situations within a game or story, so long as they don't suddenly, abruptly and without explanation change some of the the details of the story thus far. (in other words, don't "No, and" your fellow players)
Basically it's the idea that if someone says they're holding a birthday cake, there would be nothing wrong with telling them they got the wrong flavor for the person who's birthday it is, but you don't suddenly go up to that person in the RP and say "You're not holding a birthday cake, you're holding a burmese python!"
Believe me when I say things like that have happened in past RPs I've participated in, and while it might seem a bit redundant to make some kind of reference to it in the rules, it may end up saving some trouble down the road with peope just learning how to participate.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:07 am »
This is a splendid idea. May I formally request joining your new galaxy?

Let me see if I understand the rules:

This is a new galaxy entirely, NO previous characters, species, religions, history, lore or mythology! Correct? (Would have liked playing Wexxians again... but it can't be helped!  ;) )

Contribute regularly, and consistently! (Shouldn't be a problem, my old break from the forum was caused by my unplanned venture into the jobmarked... now I'm studying again, (3D graphic design ;D) and have time and energy to spare.

Don't try to Godmode or be an idiot! (I'll try to contain myself!)

Anything I missed or is that it?

Can I Join?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:00 am »
This thread, you will like.

:)

Also, we are in desperate need of the Shadow Station's assistance due to some unfortunate political circumstances.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:36:00 am by Yuu »

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »
Holy carp Jack is back!  Yes, please play in the new rp's.  You can use the Wexxians, just minus their history with other races.  Think hitting the reset button, starting with a clean slate.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2010, 02:31:13 pm »
Basically everything pre-contact can remain, for the most part. And welcome back, Jack. *snickers at the rhyme*

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2010, 02:49:45 pm »
Yes I'm back! Honestly Sometimes I think I leave this forum just for the dramatic reentry's... and for Inklings; "Holy carp Jack is back!"... seems he said that last time too!  :D

Thanks guys, I have a Species planned; the Soahc Legions. I've been wanting to expand on them for a long time. I think they could make a nice stand-alone species and not just a part of the Wexxian back story. I originally made them to be part of the Exodus story( it did continue, I just can't write novels! so..) as an enemy of the Targ Set'kararp and later a member of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.

But I never expanded on them... I haven't even decided on how they look yet... :P  All I have is the name and an idea: A Clan and class based, semi-nomadic society with an emphasis on brute strength. A clean slate in my book!  :)

What I learn I can always use in the Wexxian Storyline. (The Wexxians will always be my firstborns!)... Oh! and I chose the name Jack especially, for those kind of plays on words! *snickers too*   ;)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2010, 02:51:06 pm »
Hmm, so are you planning on the Wexxians joining the merger?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2010, 03:23:05 pm »
Nice to see you on GS Jack. Thanks again for your nice comments on Deviant Art.  ;D

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2010, 03:44:38 pm »
Hmm, so are you planning on the Wexxians joining the merger?

I might still play them on this forum if the opportunity presents itself. But I don't have the heart to restart them... they would have to learn all those painfull lessons again... It's hard to be a hippie species!  :P Their "canon" storyline continues (with a little help from my partner in crime Yuu)  ;)

No, for this new forum I will use the Soahc! They are new and fresh... and dumb too!

Nice to see you on GS Jack. Thanks again for your nice comments on Deviant Art.  ;D

Thanks Hydro. Damn, you are ridiculessly productive on deviantart! I don't think I could comment on them all even if I tried!  ;D

Well enough with me comming back... I think it veered us slightly off topic. PM me if you wanna catch up on my doings in the "real" world.

Moving On... *heh he*  :D

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »
Sup Zett. I've read some of your work, nice stuff!  :) Hope the Wexxians can join this little Kingdom Hearts thing we got going on here.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2010, 03:31:28 am »
Thanks Hydro. Damn, you are ridiculessly productive on deviantart! I don't think I could comment on them all even if I tried!  ;D

Its not super productive, its super procrastinating. Most of the stuff I upload are from months ago. So I go on "upload binges" to catch up. For instance many of the species I uploaded already went extinct on Sagan 4 before I even uploaded it to deviant art. Which shows how behind I am in my uploading. I think I am caught up to like January 2010 now.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:19 am »
It's the same with me.  If I ever upload anything to DeviantArt, it's because I should be doing something else at the moment.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net