Is it?

Yes
39 (65%)
No
11 (18.3%)
Unsure
10 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Is Spore Dead?  (Read 46332 times)

gec05

Re: Is Spore Dead?
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2010, 07:16:11 pm »
Not quite, but we're currently arranging new management by merging the Spore RP people with the General RP people. It will be something entirely new, possibly with a new Star Trek motif, hopefully with a more character-driven focus than on an entire species or race. Kosmosis as it is now still feels like were dragging all the old Spore ideas we just can't seem to shake off.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2010, 08:47:38 pm »
Raz seems to have done a more character-centric thing with his Tunmu, by using a single Drazu as his central character.

I'm planning to do the same, actually.

The only problem is it didn't seem to catch on with the others.   :(

gec05

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2010, 08:55:45 pm »
Well, maybe you can try something a little more traditional and organic for a change. ;)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2010, 09:01:26 pm »
Maybe...

>_>

>_>

In the prequels. -_-'

Offline neroli

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 09:48:18 am »
If it's not dead, it will be because of mods, because of people who work their way past the awful "game design", when it's really software draped on a cheap-ass marketing plan.  The last Sims I ever saw, years old, I hated for the same reason - you design, if you're like me, maniacally, then there's nothing to do with it.  But everyone online has the same complaints and there's mods that apparently work fine, to turn it into a real game.  Which it isn't, I mostly only play independent or fairly obscure stuff, and it's so easy to see marketing driven screw the people who buy this fake game design behind it.   

I want it to work, really bad - it's really sci-fi, and creative (the sims could only be a designing game for me at best, sci-fi is heaven), if you can get that to work, it's my kind of perfection.  So I've put in some mods that are working for everyone else (they're at sporebase, as far as I know, all kinds), now that I found out where the right place on a Mac is - no result, I'm wondering if you're supposed to do an AppCleaner and reinstall or what.  I was always tech hopeless, and not young, so I may need the most for compleat idiot help ever seen for game mods.

In the end it's up to real people, the players - no way I could have not seen Maxis design was just screwing the game to death, as soon as tech support miraculously got it to work at all, but still love the idea and want to get a game out of it (so nice to find people who get that it means beating EA first).  And it's a huge irony, for an awesome idea with great software, they just kicked it so hard with the greedy crap.  Here's hoping players save the great part - they seem to be, my lack of helpfulness is actually from a math related learning disability, so it's just a matter of having faith in good hackers beating the jerks.  Which seems to be going great, if I can ever get the "make my downloaded mod work" thing figured out. 

I saw a really good breakdown of the G nations thing, if I could find it.  Also if someone could please tell me (maybe with pictures) how to make my mods work - mediafire being down might have something to do with it...       

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »
this is so incredibly weird. It must have been 2 years (give or take a month) ago that I played it. I remember this time of years 2008 I couldn't almost sleep the last few nights till it came out. Played hundreds of hours in the creature editor during summer holoday and I didn't anticipate a game this much since the first star fox.

I was enthousiastic , hell I even interviewed one of the developers as a complete nobody. Spore made a game journalist ad interim (very briefly) of me. Then when I played it a month.. bang, there was a fatigueness I can't describe. I kept on saying to my friends, the editor is cool, I even liked the civilisation stage (more than the space stage really) , because it could get intense... But once my creature was near the center I just thought I evolved 'enough" :P Tried to do some other creatures , evolved them to tribe and stuff like that, created some ships and messed around. But beyond the creating process I just didn't do anything with it anymore.

it all looked very pleasing and the creation of things was fun, but the gameplay especially when you did the space age long wasn't really immersive anymore.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2010, 06:40:43 am »
Sounds like you got out the "honeymoon phase."