Author Topic: Hell of Water Planning  (Read 1136 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Hell of Water Planning
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:48:28 am »
2014. Careless global leaders have thrown the entire world to destruction. With no stop to greenhouse gases, polar icecaps melted, sending the planetary water level skyrwocketing. Several groups saw the writing on the wall long before it was too late, and so , began preparing for the oncoming disasters. When New York City, Los Angeles, Tokoyo, all of the largest cities on the world were sitting under countless feet of water, where were they? They were long on the bottoms of the oceans, developing technologies to thrive in the cold, unforgiving aquatic seascapes. Distinctly, two groups began to arrise, showing that even now, humanity is at war....
Alright, this is an underwater RP, where you're gonna be, for the most part, either on the sidelines, or controling a submarine. You have several classes of submarine, which you can customise to your liking, but first, you'll need the two warring factions.

Underwater Dominion Alliance (U.D.A.)
Bio: Arrising from the pre-disaster U.N., the U.D.A. is an organisation that seeks to take control of the new underwater civilisations poping up. They are very agressive, and trust me, their big submarines are not fun to fight with.
Weapon types: Torpedos, Mines, 1 Directed Energy Weapon.

Submarine Classes
Raider:
Size:10 feet long, 8 feet wide at widest, 4 feet tall at tallest
Top Speed: 35 knots
Weapon System(s): Light Plasma Gun.
Armour:3 inch thick Steel
Bio: A light harassment/scout submarine, the Raider is equipped with a light plasma weapon that allows it to operate away from resupply for extended periods. It packs a whallop for it's size, but it is left a little low in the armour area to keep it's speed up.
Pic:

Marauder:
Size:20 feet long, 12 feet wide from fin to fin, 9 feet tall from fin to top.
Top Speed: 32.5 knots
Weapon Systems: 2 Medium Torpedo Tubes, 2 Plasma Guns
Armour: 5 inch thick steel
Bio: A medium combat sub, the Marauder is strong enough to hold ground pretty well, but is fast enough to be able to do complex acrobatics. And it can keep up with Raiders, to a certain extent, so they aren't patrolling without some firepower.
Pic:

Crusader:
Size: 28 feet long, 10 feet wide, 7 feet tall
Top Speed: 20 knots
Weapons systems: 6 Large Torpedo Tubes.
Armour: 8 inch thick steel
Bio: It is said that if you see more than three of these, better get on the defensive. The 6 Large Torpedo Tubes it carries are able to, if fired in unison, destroy most subs smaller than it in a single shot. They aren't fast, though, and in heated battle, they can run out of fish pretty easy. You might be better off letting them waste their ammo and dodge, rather than directly confronting, unless you got balls 'o' steel.
Pic:

Annhilator:
Size: 21 feet long, 18 feet wide, 8 feet at tallest.
Top Speed: 18 knots.
Weapons systems: 1 Plasma Discharger
Armour: 9 inch thick steel
Bio: A prototyoe, the Annhilator has a powerful Plasma Discharger. This weapon, well, let's just say it could sink a Crusader in one shot. However, that power comes with a cost; this bus is super-slow, and the Discharger can only be fired intermitantly to avoid over heating the internal components.

((Hold on folks, I ain't done yet, I need to make the other subs))

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Hell of Water Planning
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:32:19 am »
Well, I can't wait for it! ;)

These things are the shiz!  ;D 8)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:11 am »
Unified Citizen's League
Bio: A power risen to protect the innocent survivors from the (somewhat) terror of the U.D.A., the Unified Citizen's League has many scientists and such that give it a technological edge against the superior numbers of the U.D.A.
Weapon types: Shatter Torpedos, Seismic Mines, the rest are Directed Energy Weapons.

Sub Classes
Recon:
Size:14 feet long, 12 feet wide, 4 feet tall
Weapons systems: 1 Light Laser
Top Speed: 40 knots.
Armour: 4 inch steel
Bio: Designed to meet the Raider class head-on, the Recon has a somewhat weaker armament, at the benefit of better armour and a 5 knot speed advantage over the already speedy Raider.
Pic:
NOTE: The Recon actually has a two person crew, one pilot and one sonar operator.

Striker:
Size:9 feet long, 12 feet wide, 6 feet tall
Weapon Systems: 2 Shatter Torpedo racks
Top Speed:25 knots
Armour: 2 inch steel
Bio: An artillery sub, the Striker fires homing torpedos that break off into 6 mini-torpedos once clear of the sub. Their lack of speed, lack of armour,and lack of back-up weapons create a major defense issue.
Pic:

Elite:
Size:12 feet long, 14 feet wide, 8 feet tall
Weapon Systems: 4 Heavy Lasers
Top Speed:20 knots
Armour: 6 inch steel
Bio: A frontline combat sub, the Elite stands up to it's name. Incredible armour protection, decent speed (for it's other stats), and a heavy, long-range armament. All around? It whoops some tushy.
Pic:

Emperor:
Size: 16 feet long, 10 feet wide, 9 feet tall
Weapon systems: 5 Heavy Lasers, 2 Shatter Torpedo tubes
Top Speed: 14 knots
Armour: 10 inch steel
Bio: The name says it all. The god of all the basic subs, the only crippling factor of the Emperor is it's looow speed.
Pic:

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:58:11 am »
That recon's one slick ride.  8)

Nice units, overall.

Any chance you'll be showing some civilian structures and whatnot?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:25:43 am »
That recon's one slick ride.  8)

Nice units, overall.

Any chance you'll be showing some civilian structures and whatnot?
Yeah, I have one built, but I need to get the more important gameplay stats and the character bio down first.

Bio
Name:
Job:
Bio: