Author Topic: A Certain Kingdom of Light  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: A Certain Kingdom of Light
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:44 pm »
"Just a little more...", Cyrus said as he revved the boat's motor to maximum. He was well on his way to the other island.

Kannae had stayed behind on the main island, much to Cyrus' insisting. The prince feared it was simply too dangerous for both of them to go to the patchwork island. He even has some doubts as to whether the strange weapon was going to be enough to hold off whatever lurked on the abandoned island.

Finally, the prince reached the island shore.

It was rather different compared to the clear white sands of the one he came from. The patchwork island's seaside was made completely of ripped metal and rubble. There was a thin layer of white sand over the entire artificial platform, but it was still not enough to hide the inconsistencies underneath.

"Good thing I'm wearing my sandals...", Cyrus jokingly said.

Tying his boat to a small wooden protrusion, he stepped onto the island and called upon his weapon. He then began to take several steps toward the island's hilly interior.

However, even before he could take another set of steps, the shadows began appearing all around him once more.

But this time, something was different.

These shadows were now clothed. Clad in a respectable set of armor. Armed with competently fashioned swords. And most of all, carrying small wood and metal tools with holes produced on their anterior ends.

Pistols.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »
Irana Kor's Citadel; Unknown Location
Irana Kor sat in his "throne", watching these events take place through teleknetics. There were many soldiers sent to defeat Cyrus, but given  previous luck, they would be eradicated. He sat, watching through this ripple.
"Should I sent some soldiers to stop Cyrus? He thought to himself.
"Wait and see. If the minions already there fail to stop Cyrus, then deploy some of your soldiers to attack." The voice responded
"Very well." Irana said.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 09:42:51 pm »
"I have a feeling this going to be much more difficult...", Cyrus remarked as he saw several of the assailants ready to brandish their weapons. Entering his stance, his hand tightened around his weapon as he prepared to engage the dozen or so opponents. "Come he-"

BANG!

... was what he last heard before rolling to the side and seeing a nearby tree get scarred by the bullet unleashed by one of the shadows. "What?!"

Cyrus had to keep on his feet, however, as the group of gun-toting attackers, and their more traditionally armed sword-bearing companions, quickly began to pursue him. "I need to get high ground...", the prince's eyes wandered across the horizon before spotting a relatively manageable slope. "... and quick."

As the chase ensued, shots were fired all around, alerting anyone within the area of the pitched battle's presence.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 09:58:03 pm »
Irana shifted in his seat. All he had to do is execute one spell or attack that would have a decent coverage area. and all the drones already after him would be defeated. He made his decision. Irana conjured an orb of crackling dark magic into his hand, and cast it away. It flew for a while, before exploding, leaving a portal in the shape of a rip in the fabric of space. It was only to another room in his citadel. The Wraith residing in it took notice, and stepped through the portal.
"Yes?" He asked.
"Listen to me, Kaloc," Irana said, addressing the Wraith by his personal name. "I want you to go prepare a trap for that prince and his light-imbued weapon. When the drones that are already after him die, as they aren't mine, lock him in a dark energy field and summon up some drones to kill him. DO. NOT. LEAVE. Wait just outside the energy field. If the drones fail to kill him, finish him off yourself. Now go!" Irana said, changing the destination of the portal to somewhere just outside of the notice of Cyrus. The Wraith stepped through it, turning himself invisible as he stepped out of the portal.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 05:26:23 am »
"That was close!", Cyrus slighted after dodging several rounds and cutting through one of the soldiers that managed to sneak behind him. He was already on top of the mount and regularly dodging fire, still the the dark assailants' relentless pursuit seemed to be taking their toll on the lone warrior. Gathering a portion of his remaining strength, he channels it through his right arm as he slowly raised his weapon. Hopefully, it would be enough to elude the pursuers for now.

"WIND!"

With a single word, a miniature maelstrom of razor sharp wind gathers around Cyrus as nearby attackers were slowly ripped to pieces, clearing the way for the prince's swift retreat. There!, Cyrus cut through one of the beings as he rushed to escape the battle, making his way to what seemed to be the labyrinthine walkways of the island's shadowy interior.

In the distance, a lone figure can be seen looking down on the fleeing boy. Running its right hand through the blade held in its other, it stares at the prince's weapon, as if trying to find a connection.

"I see..."