Author Topic: A Sci-Fi/Space RP OOC  (Read 8802 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: A Sci-Fi/Space RP OOC
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 12:23:32 pm »
Fine, how does Terran Union sound?

ungoodthink. ingsoc send haseri joycamp speedful.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »
Sounds better. I've never heard of any nation calling itself EarthGov, and I'm not sure we're even letting Earth really exist.

And at plank... what? Some kind at poke at Leo? Because he is designed to be like that.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:51 pm »
No it's 1984.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 12:26:07 pm »
newspeak. plusgood.

bb is tripleplusgood.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 01:12:47 pm »
My original intent was to not allow references to Earth... mostly because it gets troublesome to set out the history of the earth and I also wanted to avoid the cliched use of Earth Standard Time.. since that is largely impossible, since we are humans are selves. There can be Earth.. I just ask that characters aren't from Earth itself... and that you don't touch on too much of Earth's history Government. To that end, EarthGov could simply be the name of an organization that contracts for the government and the Coalition.

Terran Union is cliched, but it works if you want to change it. Again, though, Terran Union sounds like and works better as if it were the name of a fringe group or organization. But it is your character and your backstory. I don't mean this in a negative way, but I don't really care what you write as long as it's reasonable. You can keep it at EarthGov, just know that ti won't actually be Earth's governing body if I ever feel like getting into that aspect of the world. >.> The original point (that I must have editted out somewhere along the line) was to not even have the earth exist as this is a different universe/galaxy. That was my original intent, but I changed my mind for now. Just leave the details sparse and vague.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 01:22:34 am »
Mmh, I don't really like EarthGov myself either, I just took it from somewhere because I didn't want to think up a name for the human government >_>

I'll edit that part to 'as time had passed'. Leaves it nicely vague.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:28:17 am by Digital Hellhound »
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 02:42:52 am »
Changed mine as well to be more vague.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:15 pm »
That works well. We need people to take on Villain Spots as well. I'll take the first one or two Arcs. I still need to get my character(s) situated too. If they're no volunteers in let's say a week, we'll just run the first arc and progress from there? This week is going to be really busy for me with work so that's the only reason I'm holding off on starting (even then I may change my mind and start early).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 03:51:34 pm »
I hate triple posting (I'll be posting a character next >.>) but I've finally started on the first Arc. I'll take Arc I and II to set things up. Razon might take III, but it is still largely open. If anyone wants to try a villain just post. Also, what time zones are everyone in? That'll help me understand what times are best for people so I don't move to quickly.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 04:19:02 pm »
I'm Central (-7:00 GMT)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 05:04:25 pm »
Name: T'vihle Var'ta Dox
Race: Varci

Dox served as one of the lead designers and lead engineer for Nexus Point until completion. Upon completion of the station, he was recommended by his government to be the Station Administrator and Facilitator for Nexus Point. Begrudgingly Dox took the position, whose duties include not only being the liaison between the Coalition, the station, and the races on-board but also being responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the station and its staff. Preferring machines and designs over people and socialization had made the transition difficult for him, but now a little more than a year later he, the staff, and the diplomats have developed an uneasy truce.

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 09:04:12 pm »
I'll actually have to leave on friday for two days >_>
Visiting relatives. I wish I was told of things like this a bit sooner.

(GMT +2)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:05:48 pm by Digital Hellhound »
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 10:11:16 pm »
I didn't have anything concrete until people started joining and I wanted to give people time to pick up villain spots (and for some people who said they'd join to find more time). I can push it back if no one minds.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:46 pm »
I'm in GMT.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:38 am »
Well it's well into Saturday morning for most of you GMT folks, as it's already early morning (very early morning >.>) for me. So I'm posting the start of Arc I now. That way Digital won't miss too much and we can still get started.

So here we go, people. Prepare for some epic foreshadowing and umm schtuff. >.>