Author Topic: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning  (Read 9300 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »
Alright, it's official; Yuu, Badger and I have been PMing eachother for a while about this. We're reviving this story. So...yeah!
Well, more accurately, Yuu and I, I just asked Badger if he's still interested today....but, anyway. I would like to make a longer post, but It's just putting Irana into the story for the moment. I have to wait on Yuu for him to really get involved. Anyway, I've made several minions, I will post them, just let me get my chickens in a row here.....
Ok. Starting from the lowest ranking and working the way up;
Twisted Shadowspawn:

(Picture REMADE by Yuu in the awesome style of his minions!)
Weapon:Sword and Shield
Height: 5 feet
Weight: 160 Lbs.
Info: Straight from the part of Irana Kor's mind stamped "freakish", the Shadowspawn is more powerful than your standard Darkness foot soldier, but still cannon fodder none the less. The blue cables heading from the body to the arms do stretch, and do not limit it's range of motion. It's weapons are fused to it's arms.

Twisted Crusher:

(again, remade by Yuu)
Weapon: Hammer Arm and Massive Sword
Height: 10 feet
Weight 340 Lbs.
Info: A being of pure muscle mass, the Crusher lives up to it's name. Able to crush your average man under it's fist, which is fused into a hammer, and bisect average buggy with it's sword, this thing is not to be trifled with.

Twisted Gunner

(Sorry on the low quality of these last three, but the only working program I have right now is Paint Gimp and Doga have both blown a gasket for me for some reason. Even uninstalling, re-downloading, and reinstalling don't make em work...)
Weapon: Dark "Blaster"
Height: 8 feet
Weight: 200 Lbs.
Info: Created to close the range gap in the ranks of The Twisted, the Gunner sports both a shield and a ranged weapon, powered by Dark Crystals; Crystalline structures imbued with dark energies. On their left arm is a gauntlet with a special housing. When powered up, it pulses a weak constrained energy field out across the transparent guide. This energy field carries the dark energies of a Dark Crystal with it, blocking most attacks. Unlike the Dark Blaster, the power source for this device is believed to be the crystal itself. The Dark Blaster weapon is a somewhat unique mix of magic and technology. Despite having a sleek, sci-fi look, it's really rather primitive in action. The vast majority of the weapon is a special "battery" full of energy. Simple energy, the stuff every trained magic user learns to create. It feeds this into a Dark Crystal in pulses. When the pulse travels through the high-energy crystal, it gains a great deal of dark energy, and it's momentum and mystical power propel it out the stubby barrel. It has just a slightly longer effective range than a pistol. Would should be noted is that these devices are not picky; you could pick these up, and replace the dark crystal with a crystal imbued with any element, and it should create an effect similar to that effect (Dark Blaster + Fire Crystal = Blasts fireballs)

Twisted Spawner

Weapons: Pincer Claw, Impaling Claws
Height: 9 Feet
Weight: 300 Lbs
Info: Just as the name implies, the job of the Spawner is to spawn more Twisted minions. It can create swarms if left unchecked, so it should be a priority. Other than this, he tries to avoid combat, and despite all his armour, he's still quite fragile.

Twisted Wraith

Weapons: Wraithstaff
Height: 8 Feet
Weight: 200 Lbs.
Info: Irana crafts Wraiths as Field Commanders. They are potent magic users, on par with many of the best Light mages. Their magic list varies from Wraith to Wraith, but one of the spells they are all created knowing allows them to shape Twisted on the spot. Not spawn them like the Spawner, actually create them from the shadows falling on the ground. It can also summon dark energy from Irana's Citadel directly, though only the more powerful ones are capable of this. Unlike most dark creations of any origin, they are very intelligent. They have personalities (though all of them malevolent), and are capable of free speech. Some are even known to banter with their enemies. Some of them have their own independent agenda, separate from their orders from Irana, which they still follow, mind you. Their Wraithstaff weapons are as much emblems of status as they are weapons, and are also the focal point for many of their spells. The Dark Crystal clamped in the top is one of the sources of power for their magic, as well as giving the Wraithstaff a ranged attack: It uses a system much like the Dark Blaster, except without any focusing or dampening devices at all. The result is a supercharged bolt of dark energy, appearing as a purple and black lightning bolt.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:15:47 am by GroxGlitch »

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 05:41:35 pm »
I would love for this to get rebooted!

As for villian slots, I suggest we let Grox or Yuu go first (Deadric is going to watch and manipulate from the shadows for now)

Also... a new character to travel with our heroes.

Name(s): Rios
Home World: Wanderers Haven (Though he may come from another world)
Other Location(s):

Role(s): Does a number of odd jobs here and there, also something of a con artist.
Subordinate(s): Krix could technically count
Alignment: Kind of hard to tell actually, at first he comes off as some bandit whose out for no one but himself, yet can become surprisingly chivalrous at times.

Appearance: He has white skin, and most surprisingly, white hair that’s usually unkempt. His eyes are a deep green; lastly he possesses a rather lanky frame. As for clothing, starting from the head: he wears a green tricorne hat along with a white buttoned shirt and slightly worn brown pants, lastly he wears a green overcoat over the shirt (basically think of the highway mans outfit from Fable 2 just without the mask.)

Brief Biography: Rios seems to keep his past mostly to himself, in fact, he gets rather defensive when heavily questioned about it. What is known though is that he is by no means a new arrival of Wanderers Haven, and may have actually traveled to a couple of other worlds before arriving here, he is essentially the village con artist/idiot, though he may be more clever and stronger than he actually lets on.

Weapon(s): Again, technically Krix (all shall be explained)
Skill(s): In combat he is incredibly agile and surprisingly strong despite what his lanky form suggest otherwise he is also very good with a variety of weapons.

Krix

Description: The thing is, Krix is more than just a weapon. He is an actual creature! When not shape shifted as one of Rios’s tools he looks like a small strange cartoonish, impish, featureless black gargoyle with two glowing yellow eyes. (Picture to help envision, the original, not the final mix)

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Gargoyle

Powers: Krix can shape shift into nearly any tool Rios needs. (With reasonable volume) When shifted Krix is also surprisingly sturdy, even holding up against blast of magic and even mighty magical weapons.
History: No one really knows what Krix actually is, some say he is somehow related to the shadow creatures that have been appearing but the fact that he is not just tearing up everything in sight suggests otherwise. Rios himself simply says that he found the annoying little bugger one day and he has been following him ever since. Krix does not talk but does make occasional squeaks when surprised or angered, it should be noted that Rios and Krix seem to be able to communicate as Rios talks to Krix occasionally like a normal person.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:31:40 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:41 am »
Sweet!  :)

In any case, has Bagder responded yet, Grox?

I'll post some time this week.  :)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 02:23:04 pm »
Huh, what?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:43 pm »
Yeah Yuu, I said that Badger was interested. He hasn't posted yet, and I can't see a reason to do so unless he want's to do a sidelines, observant post like mine.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »
Huh, what?

I've been waiting for your guy to swim up to the shoreline for the past +3 months... >_>

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 11:08:42 pm »
Sorry, there were currents. :P But hey, better late then never!

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 11:14:30 pm »
Yeah, the riptide kept catching me.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:32 pm »
You're up, Bagder, we're waitin' for ya.

Ranos has most likely reached the island by now. He can't possibly be that bad of a swimmer. :P

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 11:50:26 pm »
I will post Sunday Afternoon. DF is being retarded so I have to fix my modding.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2010, 08:34:26 am »
So....uh...yeah, it's Wendsday now. I thought you were going to post on Sunday.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:00 am »
Not to offend, but this is exactly why ACKoL went into indefinite stasis. >_>

I guess its pretty safe to assume that we'll move on without Ranos.

I'll post sometime this week or the next, kinda busy right now.

Oh, and seeing as we got to a very rough start, I was kinda thinking that after we finish this introductory arc, maybe we could post up a new RP thread and just transfer the first arc into lore. Who's with me?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 07:05:21 am »
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Oh, by the way.
Not to offend, but this is exactly why ACKoL went into indefinite stasis. >_>

I guess its pretty safe to assume that we'll move on without Ranos.

I'll post sometime this week or the next, kinda busy right now.

Oh, and seeing as we got to a very rough start, I was kinda thinking that after we finish this introductory arc, maybe we could post up a new RP thread and just transfer the first arc into lore. Who's with me?
Not to offend, but this is exactly why ACKoL went into indefinite stasis.
exactly why ACKoL went into indefinite stasis.
indefinite stasis.
indefinite stasis.
indefinite stasis.
indefinite stasis!!!!!!!!

Niiice choice of words, my friend.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2010, 05:29:58 am »
Saying that the RP once died ain't as stylish as indefinite stasis now is it?  8)

*puts on another pair of shades*

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH~

Oh, and I updated the database to keep up with the current state of affairs.  :)