Author Topic: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 08:18:02 am »
Name: King Photios, King of Acropolis
Home World: Acropolis, Europa
Other Locations: -none-

Roles: King
Subordinates: Armed Forces of Acropolis, General Praxiphotios
Alignment: Good

Appearance: He looks virtually identical to Prince Cyrus that one would mistake him for the prince's future self. He dons a robe covering everything below his neck, save for his hands and feet. He wears a buskin of the finest quality and carries a thick ring of purple cloth which goes over his left shoulder and under his right waist. A golden laurel can be seen at the sides of his head, signifying nobility.

Brief Biography: He is the king of Acropolis and father of Prince Cyrus. He rules competently and benevolently over his people. He sent General Praxiphotios, along with his son, to investigate the happenings in the western outskirts of Neropolis.

Weapon: -none-
Skills: He is both a benevolent and competent ruler. He is well versed in many subjects, though not so much as to warrant distinction.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:38 pm »
Name: Irana Kor
Homeworld: ??
Other Locations: ??

Roles: Tyrant
Subordinates: The Twisted
Alignment: Evil

Appearance: Not much is known about the shady being, except that he wears a large black cowl over him, the only part of his body left exposed is his face. This is covered with a mask, which amplifies some of his abilities.

Breif Biography: A corrupt being, Irana was all but unable to ignore the call of the Darkness. In exchange for his loyalty, it granted him incredible power.
EDIT: I accidently posted mid-work.
Weapon: Dark Shard
Skills: He has many, such as mind control, though that takes a lot of his strength (plot ability later on, hopefully!). He his a well-versed psysic, including teleknesis. He dosen't show his face much, though, rather sending the twisted creatures that make his subordinates.
EDIT 2: I switched the subordinates for him from what I originally had it to to "The Twisted", that name fits better with the minions I've designed so far.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:14:14 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:31 pm »
*More detailed Weapon Profile*
Name: Dark Shard
Class: Keyblade/Other
Powers: Corrupts those who it strikes down, can "corrupt" keyholes, explained lower, and is an embodiment of the darkness, and as such, slips dark whispers in the mind of whoever holds it, slowly turning them to the darkness.
History: A concentrated shard of the darkness, formed into a large blade. It was given to Irana Kor when he became a servant to the darkness, as a way of showing their trust, and secretly, a way to keep him from rebelling. It also sends him his orders from the darkness, through the wispers put into his mind.
Corrupting Keyholes: By plunging the sword into a keyhole, it can keep it from being unlocked, until a special keysword is obtained...

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 08:18:10 pm »
Grox, its spelt brief not breif. And the edit line is never really necessary. The
is not necessary. And I think we have formats for a reason.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »
Ditto. :)

Anyways, seeing as the protagonists are pretty much done, I'm gonna unlock the thread.

Ready, Bagder? :)

Antagonists, stay tuned. Gotta gather the good guys first for maximum dramatic effect.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 07:01:38 am »
Grox, its spelt brief not breif. And the edit line is never really necessary. The
is not necessary. And I think we have formats for a reason.
Ok, I didn't run it through spell check. And the edit line? I've seen so many people do it, I thought it would be something to add. I did the
Because I felt the previous one somewhat lacking.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »
Name(s): Deadric “The Dark One”  “The Dread Knight” “The Fallen King” And similar ominous titles
Home World: The Dark Lands "Formerly the Kingdom of Jalkor”
Other Location(s): The Under Kingdom

Role(s): Dark Lord
Alignment: Evil *duh*
Subordinates: An endless army of creatures whom serve the darkness, High Warlord Raxis, Advisor Ferix (Whom will soon die) As well as the extensions of himself known as the shades of Deadric

Appearance: In his most common attire, Deadric wears a strange wardrobe that looks somewhat like a combination of a robe and armor. His head is covered by a hood that completely blackens his face, his face is then further covered by a gray scarf that hangs behind him like a two tailed cape, his shoulders don two dark armored shoulder pads, his chest is covered by a similarly dark armored cuirass, his leg clothing takes the appearance of the bottom of a regular black robe.

Brief Biography: In a land… a land known only as Jalkor there existed two casts, the nobility, and what they would call the common, or the wretched, or some other dehumanizing term. The higher nobility lived in the surface, in the sunlight, where flashed their wealth around, the lower cast, so wretched the nobility thought them that they banished them to the underground, where they believed was their rightful place, under them. So separate where these two casts that eventually two kings where named, one for the “Upper Kingdom” the other for the “Under Kingdom”. As a child young Prince Deadric was a curious one, and one day located a passage that led to this “Upper Kingdom” and when he arrived he was nearly blinded, the light was so bright….so beautiful…… Why did these greedy people hog it all for themselves? Why did they have to toil endlessly in the darkness while this beautiful light existed? His personal mission was set… he would bring his people into the light…

The newly crowned King Deadric attempted to reason with the nobility, convince them that these age old traditions would only hold them back, but they where a stubborn people, having been accustomed to being spoiled and always having their way, they would not see reason and expected the Under King to simply sink back underground, like  any wretched would… But he would not, not this time, not again! His people would have the light and no one would stop them! For the first time in centuries, the two kingdoms declared all out war.

The war began badly, Deadric had actually underestimated the Nobles powers over the light, even if they merely bended it and twisted it to their will, soon the Under Kingdom faced annihilation to a force they hardly understood…. Until Deadric, now drawn to such desperation that he began to turn to superstition in the Under kingdom’s library, where he found whispers of a force… a force called the darkness….

Deadric now knew of the darkness, the lights opposite may be his only hope, and so he personally researched it, peering deeper and deeper into its secrets until he submerged himself within it entering the edges of the realm of darkness itself. With their king suddenly gone the Under Kingdom ceased their attacks on the Upper Kingdom fleeing back underground, the Nobility in their arrogance thought this was merely natural and foolishly did not pursue…

The Under Kingdom thought its king dead, but no… Deadric was hardly dead… rather he was submerged in the darkness… continuously learning and gaining power. At first he hoped to merely use the darkness as a means to an end but after being submerged for so long, learning so much, why bother with the light? Casting off his body, which he saw as a hindrance, he emerged from sea as a whole new being, indeed the old Deadric was gone… only the darkness inside remained…

Weapon(s): Defiler “The Dreaded Blade”

Skills: Deadric is an abomination of many talents; a great swordsman as was well as experienced practitioner of magic, most particularly of the dark persuasion, granting powers such as teleportation, firing dark energy bolts, summoning magical shields to protect himself, and even summoning chains of pure darkness to immobilize his enemies.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:13:22 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:07:59 pm »
Yo, Badger, you can post now. :)

Name: Prince Hydros, Hydros son of the King
Home World: Neropolis, Europa
Other Locations: -none-

Roles: Prince, General
Subordinates: Neropolis Armed Forces
Alignment: Good

Appearance: A person of greater height, he has light skin, short black slicked back hair and sharp blue eyes. He is well sculpted, though with a light frame. He wears a clear ivory knee-level long-sleeved tunic paired with equally white pants. Around his waist are two intersecting silken-gold belts with several leather bags hanging on the belts' sides. He walks with a pair of sturdy military buskins and brandishes his weapons with a set of blue gloves reaching into his sleeves. He tops this all of with a long silken cape pinned to the top of his tunic. His cape bears the color blue, signifying the city-state of his origin. A golden laurel can be seen at the sides of his head, signifying nobility.

Brief Biography: Prince of Neropolis and only child of the king, Hydros is the official heir to the throne of Neropolis. He is a spirited adventurer who prefers to live life in the most exhilarating way possible. He has a very strong heart and is never one to easily give up his ideals. Serving under the kingdom's expeditionary force, he is sent to the islands westernmost of Europa to investigate the mysterious happenings which have recently begun to escalate. Something was afoot, though no one was sure what.

Hydros and Cyrus have met quite frequently since childhood. However, since Hydros joined the military and Cyrus went to train under General Praxiphotios, they have never had the chance to cross each others' paths, until the strange incidents in western Europa came about.

Weapon: Longsword, Greek sword, dagger
Skills: A military prodigy, Hydros is quite skilled at the art of combat. Specializing in the realm of the longsword, his strikes are quite agile considering the type of weapon he wields. When necessary, he is more than capable of taking down a large body of opponents. Owing to his noble origin, he is also quite versed in the field of academics, especially in the field of sea-based elements.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 10:21:56 am »
I'll be posting at school, damn Comcast.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »
Sure thing.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 08:37:58 pm »
Can I be a Protagonist mayhaps?
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
Can I be one of those characters who is nothing more than a plot device to direct people to their destination?
In other words, the guy who tells you about his missing sister, which leads the heroes to their first confrontation and whatnot?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »
Sure thing, guys! :)

Just use the formats on the first page and submit it here.

Though, Doc may want to put his character in Wanderer's Haven, since Europa is going down pretty soon.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 01:47:39 am »
Just posting the profile for the cloaked guy, for reference.

Name: Cloaked Figure
Home World: ???
Other Locations: Acropolis, Europa

Roles: ???
Subordinates: ???
Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: A person of tall stature, he wears a thick black cloak which seems to be made of cloth. His face is obscured by the shadow of his tall hood.

Brief Biography: Not much is known about him. He appeared before Prince Cyrus in the western isles of Europa, telling him an ominous vision of things to come.

Weapon: ???
Skills: ???

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 11:07:48 am »
This profile good?

Name(s): Kannae Napar
Home World: Wanderer's Haven
Other Location(s): Anyplace he can get to on foot.
Role(s): Random wanderer/ EXTREMELY BAD STORYTELLER
Subordinate(s): None
Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: He wears simple brown trousers and a brown shirt under a long brown mantle. He has sand-colored hair that grows in a moplike pattern, and grey eyes. Overall, he's not very noticeable.

Brief Biography: His parents and sister died in a house fire when he was very young. He never grieved, because he hadn't been alive long enough to know them, and he never heard anything about them. He's been wandering ever since.

Weapon(s): He has a hunting knife.
Skill(s): Surviving on his own.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?