Author Topic: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:04:55 am »

Long ago, the worlds were simply one, showered with warmth brought about by the great light...

People, wanting reprieve from their sorrows, gravely sought after it's presence, eventually becoming a part of the light itself...

Some of them, however, asked for more than what the light could rightfully give them...

Embittered, they turned themselves away from the light, opening their hearts to darkness...

In an act of vengeance, they struck down the inhabitants of light...

The world descended into darkness, almost everyone lost their way...

But one last sliver of hope did remain, deep within the hearts of those who believed fervently in the light...

Countless battles were waged between light and dark, the light slowly pushing the darkness back...

The light proved victorious, but at such a great cost...

The world was shattered far beyond mending, the darkness unable to be truly vanquished...

Gathering what remained, they sought refuge in many places, rebuilding the fallen world.

These new worlds, however, were no longer united, distanced from each other by walls of guardian light...

Because the great light was still buried deep within the belly of darkness...

-Records of King Hudor, Royal Archives, Grand Library of Acropolis, Acropolis, Europa

As some can probably guess from the thread title and opening words, yes, this is a Kingdom Hearts RP.

Seeing what happened last time, when I got buried too deep inside the lore to actually consider the RP itself, I decided to try a different approach.

Instead of trying to fit our stories into the franchise's canon, I created an entirely different universe for the setting of the RP. It will retain a lot of basic themes, though most of it will be retooled and renamed to fit the laws of this re-imagined universe.

Plot-wise, it basically retains the core of the original. A group of chosen heroes traveling from world to world, beating the darkness-enhanced local bad guys and saving the places from destruction.

Setting-wise, however, it is very different. This RP is set here on Earth, several millennia after the events described in the above excerpt. The different worlds have become more or less isolated from each other, developing technologically at varying rates. So one world may still be using wooden spears while another uses steampunk assault walkers.

Magic-wise, spells, psychic abilities and other similar things are present, and their prevalence varies from world to world.

I'll elaborate more on this later. I just wanted to get this out to get some feedback for now.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: A Certain Kingdom of Light: OOC and Planning
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:40:37 am »
I might join. I loved the first 2 games in the series.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »
I've never played Kingdom Hearts before, but from the way you described it above, it seems straight forward enough. I'll join, I don't have anything better to do!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:23:11 pm »
I might join. I loved the first 2 games in the series.

Same here.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:40:35 am »
The Chronicles of a Certain Kingdom of Light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ocean of Worlds

Chapters

Lore

Legends
Legend of the Light

Weapons of Light
Key of the Sky of Light

Weapons of Darkness
Blade of Lost Dreams
Dark Shard

???
???
???
Guardia Civil
Capitan Guardia

The Twisted
Shadowspan
Crusher
Gunner
Spawner
Wraith

Characters

Primary Characters
Dr.Octagonapus's Characters: Kannae Napar
GroxGlitch's Characters: Irana kor♥S
SimplyNecro's Characters: Deadric♥S, Rios♥S
Yuu's Characters: Prince Cyrus

Secondary Characters
Playable Characters:
Non-playable Characters: King Photios♥S

Inactive Characters
Yuu's Characters: General Praxiphotios♥S,  Prince Hydros♥S, Cloaked Figure
Bagderman22's Characters: Ranos

Legend:

Bad guys are red, good guys are blue, neutrals are purple, and I ran out of rhymes.
- A superscription of a black heart denotes a character that was created at the start of the story.
- A superscription of a bullet denotes a character that is currently not partaking in the main storyline. They may be dead, inactive or a non-player character.
S - A superscription of the "S" symbol signifies that a character has subordinates. A character's list of subordinates can be found in his/her profile.

Additional Material

Chapter Slots
Epilogue - Yuu

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:00:50 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 05:09:44 am »
Here's the format for the characters...

Code: [Select]
Name(s): Character's name. Add aliases, if any, after a comma ",".
Home World: Where does he/she hail from? For large worlds containing several nations, you can add the location preceding the name of the world.
Other Location(s): Same format as above, but for other places that the character usually resides in. If more than one, separate by using semicolons ";".

Role(s): Is your character a soldier, a general, a wizard, a chosen one? If so, put it here. Add additional roles, if any, after a comma ",".
Subordinate(s): Subordinates, mooks, minions, the sort. Add additional subordinates, if any, after a comma ",". Adding a hyperlink to a profile of each would be preferable.
Alignment: Current alignment.

Appearance: A short paragraph-form description of current appearance. Appearance later in the story or in next installments, if there will be any, shall be placed below the latest paragraph.

Brief Biography: Same as appearance, but instead, a short bio.

Weapon(s): Weapons. Special weapons should have a separate profile containing appearance and short description, and if any, history.
Skill(s): Anything that the character's good at. Preferably in paragraph form.

Sample...

Names: Dr. John Paul Marcus Doe, The Doctor
Home World: Skull Island
Other Location: Port of Departure

Roles: Mercenary, Doctor, Cook
Subordinate: Mr. Wuffles
Alignment: Good.

Appearance: Bla, bla, blah... wears a gray cloak, bla bla blah...

After the bla bla blah... wears a suit, bla bla blah...

Bio: Bla, bla, blah... eccentric doctor mercenary with cute pet, bla bla blah...

Ever since the death of bla, bla, blah... serious doctor mercenary with cute weaponized cyborg pet, bla bla blah...

At the end of bla, bla, blah... dean of the academy of doctors, bla bla blah...

Weapons: Giant scalpel, Chi-Blade
Skills: Bla, bla, blah... good at fighting, bla bla blah...

Bla, bla, blah... good at being a doctor, bla bla blah...

Bla, bla, blah... a decent cook, bla bla blah...

That's basically it.

For the subordinates, they use the same format as above.

As for weapons, I separated the special ones because they are usually: A.) Possess a considerable back story. B.) Vital to the plot, as with the case of the keyblades in KH. Anyways, their format is...

Description: What does it look like? How is it used?
Powers: Powers. Like in KH where keyblades can close/open keyholes.
History: Where, if known, did it originate? Who, especially among the characters, has wielded it?

As for worlds...

Description: What does it look like?
History: History. Especially recent history.

I'll post a map later. Put a circle where you want your world to be, and tell me the font style of it's name and the color of it's marker (the purple thing at the center of "Europa").

That's about all of it.

I'll post my character some time soon, so you guys could get an idea of how these things really look like.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:43:31 am »
Name: Prince Cyrus, Cyrus son of King Photios
Home World: Acropolis, Europa
Other Locations: -none-

Roles: Prince, Warrior in Training
Subordinates: -none-
Alignment: Good

Appearance: A person of moderate height, he has tan skin, short brown Caesar cut hair and deep olive eyes. He is slightly built from his moments spent in training, though he carries a relatively light frame for a person his type. He wears a clear ivory long-sleeved tunic paired with equally white pants. Around his waist is a thick gold-buttoned belt with a silken white skirt hanging from it right down to the knees. A couple of small leather bags can be seen hanging on the belt's sides. He walks with a pair of sturdy military sandals and brandishes his weapons with a set of very trustworthy gloves. He tops this all of with a long silken cape pinned to the top of his tunic. His cape bears the color purple, signifying the city-state of his origin. A golden laurel can be seen at the sides of his head, signifying nobility.

Brief Biography: Prince of Acropolis and eldest son of King Photios, Cyrus is the official heir to the throne of Acropolis. Despite his noble status, he surprisingly prefers that he live his life in a more simplistic manner. He has a strong heart and is never one to abandon someone in need. Training under, General Praxiphotios one of Acropolis' most respected generals, he is sent to the islands westernmost of Europa to investigate the mysterious happenings which have recently begun to escalate. Something was afoot, though no one was sure what.

Weapon: Key of the Sky of Light
Skills: Training since he was first able to hold a wooden sword, Cyrus is quite skilled at the art of combat. Specializing in the realm of short swords, he is highly capable of holding his own against a small number of moderately armored opponents. Owing to his noble origin, he is also quite versed in the field of academics, though not as much as an Acropolitan of his status is expected to be.

After gaining the Key of the Sky of Light, Cyrus' physical ability was greatly amplified, allowing him to fight greater opponents more effectively than before.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:31:30 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:53 am »
The map is up in the info station.

EDIT: Oh, and just a heads up.

For those who want to be the analogue of keybladers, you aren't limited to just keyblades. You can use anything, just as long as it is of light, for example, a spear of light or a cape of light.

Also, I'll act as the villain in the epilogue, if that's okay with you guys. It's so I could gather the protagonists in a single place. From there, we'll take villain slots and see who'll decide where we'll go in the following chapters.

See you guys in the epilogue. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:57:48 am by Yuu »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:47 am »
Name: Prince Cyrus, Cyrus son of King Photios
Do my eyes decieve me? Do I detect an inter-board pun? You remove that i and you get...
Photos.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:06:25 pm »
Names: Ranos, Lord of the Lost, Jester of Lies, Son of None, Father of All
Home World: The Lounge, The Otherside
Other Locations: N/A

Role: Mercenary
Subordinates: None
Alignment: Neutral tending towards evil

Appearance: A tall man, approximately 6'4". His long hair is black, save for the roots and tips which have been dyed green. His skin is nearly translucent, as if from partial albinism. His eyes are pure black with no discernible pupils. He wears a long black leather coat. His long black cargo pants are tucked into his knee-high riding boots. He has a pair of fingerless leather gloves on his hands. A tight black shirt covers his chest, accenting his abdominal muscles.

Brief Biography: Nobody knows a thing about his life more than a year ago. All anyone remembers is that one day he awoke, floating on his back in the middle of the sea. After clambering aboard a freight ship his powers began to show themselves. He blacked out and when he awoke, he was surrounded by the corpses of countless sailors. Appalled at what he had done, he jumped overboard into the dark sea.  He searches for a purpose and even though he has murderous thoughts more often than not, he fights hoping to save mankind, or atleast as much of it as he can.

Weapons: Blade of Lost Dreams
Skills: Hes just a normal kid, save for his extraordinary ability to learn. He is capable of magic and psionics but doesn't understand them, yet.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:45:09 am by Bagder Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »
Excellent. :) You can remove the parentheses in the names, roles, locations, etc., if you like.

If you can transfer the "Blade of Lost Dreams" into a separate post, that would do wonders in sorting things out in the info station.

Thanks and welcome aboard! :).

Do my eyes decieve me? Do I detect an inter-board pun? You remove that i and you get...
Photos.

As disturbing as it may sound, subconsciously, yes. I only fully realized it after I finished typing it.

Strange. S:

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »
Blade of Lost Dreams
Description: A sub-corporeal blade composed of lost dreams and lost hope.
Powers: Radiates despair and is can change shape, able to open/close keyholes.
History: This blade was given to Ranos by the darkness. It was originally made of the souls of those born in the light but Ranos has modified it to be less sinister.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:26:34 am by Bagder Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »
Excellent.  :)

Name: Europa
Description: A prosperous world situated in sub-tropical climes, Europa is home to a tight collective of several city-states. The world is primarily divided into three major regions, each lead by a single major power.

Acropolis, the city of knowledge and the strongest, oldest power of all, is located near the morning edge of the western mainland's isthmus. Home to some of the greatest universities in Europa, it attracts academics form all corners of the land, enticing them with the promise of greater knowledge. Being a primary center of economy, the state also attracts a large number of tradesmen and artisans. Acropolis bears the color purple, signifying their noble origin.

Neropolis, the city of the sea and the most expansive and economically active power of all, is located near the setting edge of Europa's western sea. Despite the city's small perimeter compared to other major powers, it does hold large portions of the Europan seas under it's politico-economic clout. Possessing the titles to many of the world's major canals and boasting the largest trade network of all the major powers, it is unarguably the heart of Europan economy. Neropolis bears the color blue, signifying their connection to the sea.

Stratopolis, the city of soldiers and the birthplace of Europa's finest army, is located at the heart of southern Peloponnese. Bearing the largest standing army in the world, the state serves a multitude clients from all corners of Europa, protecting vital networks from pirates and other malevolent entities. Stratopolis bears the color red, signifying their warrior lifestyle.

History: Legend tells of four great warrior princes establishing their rule after returning victorious from a long, expansive war. Using their birthplace as their capital, they spread the seeds of civilization all over the world. Eventually, these seeds grew into the sea of lesser states, while the capital itself bore three great descendants. Two of these descendants migrated south, establishing the states of Stratopolis and Neropolis. The eldest one took over their predecessor and created the state of Acropolis as it is known to this day.

At present, the relations between the powers have been, for the most part, stable. However, recent reports of strange happenings in the outskirts of Neropolis are starting to threaten the notion of Europa's continued equilibrium.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 11:25:31 pm »
Name: Wanderer's Haven
Description: A small world located at the heart of the Erythraean Sea, it serves as a calm, tropical retreat for those who abandoned their original worlds. Having a single town at the center of the island, it's inhabitants are composed of both natives and foreigners who decided to settle down, attracted to it's vibrant atmosphere and the wonderful mix of culture brought about by the foreigners themselves. A large swath of forest can be seen carpeting the landscape, providing the inhabitants with a wide variety of flora and fauna.

Despite it's small area, the world has a surprisingly active economy, with small farms dotting the town's periphery and a thriving fishing industry living off of the bountiful Erythraean waters. Aside from the two major sources of trade, the recent appearance of otherworldly objects all over the small world has given birth to a growing scavenging industry. The harvested materials have since been put to use in the improvement of the town's primitive infrastructure.

History: Nobody remembers when exactly the island was first inhabited, but everyone agrees that in it's early days, it didn't see quite as many foreigners as it does today, especially after people suddenly began popping out of nowhere, bringing fragments of their worlds along with them.

The town is currently undergoing a massive overhaul in order to sustain the recent influx of new residents. Due to this, the town is in somewhat of a mess, with some sections sealed off to the populace either due to construction, flooding or geological instability, among other reasons.

Say hello to our hub world. :)

Oh, and just so everyone knows. Our cosmology is somewhat different from KH, and there are no "hearts" per se. All will be explained in due time, at the RP itself. :)

EDIT: For those who are planning on taking an arc...

If you'd like, you can add music into your arcs, using the below format.

[hr]
[center][url=link][color=blue]♪[/color][/url][/center]
[hr]

This works best during epic sequences or boss battles. 8)

Again, this is only optional, and should only be used when it is appropriate. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:21:17 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:58:06 am »
Name: General Praxiphotios, Wise General, Soldier Academic

Roles: General, Sage
Subordinates: Armed Forces of Acropolis, Prince Cyrus
Alignment: Good

Appearance: A person of average stature, he has tan skin, thin white slicked back hair and black eyes. Despite his slightly arched back inherent to men his age, he is surprisingly fit, looking leaner than most men in service during their forties. He wears a white long-sleeved tunic which falls right down to his ankles, pairing it with equally white pants reaching down to his upper shins. He makes strides with a pair of buskins and takes a hold of things using two leather gloves.

He dons a rather heavy set of armor for someone his age. It is usually composed of an Attic helmet, a breast plate, shoulder plates, bracers and greaves, all of which are made of the finest steel. He tops this all of with a long purple cape, signifying that he is a citizen and soldier of Acropolis.

Brief Biography: General Praxiphotios is considered by many in Europa as the most successful Acropolitan General of contemporary times. He has a virtually flawless military record, returning as victor in all of his major operations. He is also a highly respected academic, having been personally invited to join the state's highest circle of intellectuals. Highly motivated in his work, he instills discipline into his men with utmost precision.

Several years have passed since he was ordered by King Photios to carry Prince Cyrus under his wing, and to turn the child into a fine warrior. His latest mission is to investigate the mysterious happenings which have recently begun to escalate in the islands westernmost of Europa. Something was afoot, though no one was sure what.

Weapon: Spear of the finest steel, dagger
Skills: General Praxiphotios is well versed in all manners of armed combat as a result of his long time in service. Of all his weapons, he particularly focuses in the way of the spear, using it in conjunction with his vast knowledge of meteorological elements to render his enemies completely under his mercy. When not in the field, he fancies himself an academic of the highest order, which is no empty bluff considering his place in Acropolis' highest circle of sages. He most specializes in the field of ancient history, knowing more about Europa's origins than anyone of his caliber.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:11:02 pm by Yuu »